What Are You Listening To?

Comments

• Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    ufpbuo7si088.jpg

CD 78 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

Some very fine music in this soundtrack, but as the subtitle -- "Life as War" -- would suggest, much of the music is sombre, to say the least.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Moose68Bash
    xmqqbpsc7ayl.jpg

CD 79 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

Very lovely music well performed.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Moose68Bash
    0myau41v1xex.jpg

CD 80 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

This is on of my wife's long-time favorite CDs from Yo-Yo Ma's repertoire.

It sounds absolutely terrific on the now TL'd SRSs, which have over 250 hours of break-in time on the crossovers and new RD0-198-1s. :)

• Moose68Bash
    yhc4gho1iut7.jpg

CD 82 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

Another of our long-time favorites. Pulling it out of a 90-CD boxed set didn't make any perceptible difference in SQ! :)

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    GWAR "Battle Maximus"

270776-emp.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Henry Mancini * Greatest Hits *
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Moose68Bash
    w29tito487sw.jpg

CD 83 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

• Moose68Bash
    budttfj3pyx8.jpg

CD 84 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

This is another familiar CD, which my wife and I have enjoyed for years. Definitely one of my wife's favorites.

• Moose68Bash
    xbdowb5ksmi1.jpg

CD 85 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    THEY ARE OUT THERE :o
    mvszex8dcnqw.jpg

40th Anniversary Series 'Islands'
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,716
    XSwtHF.jpg

Crow ~ Mosaic
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • pumpkinman
    aR0enu.jpg

Stanley Turrentine ~ The Man With The Sad Face
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• pumpkinman
    HUBERT-LAWSTHE-RITE-OF-SPRING_B.jpg

Hubert Laws ~ The Rite Of Spring......LP
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• [Deleted User]
    8k9vy91odbje.jpg
    finishing up this HDCD.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    you know "Atomic heart mother" has never been one of my favorites, but I do listen to it now & then.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • [Deleted User]
    Just skip Alan's Breakfast...
    I need spacey stuff to test out my new pre :D
    voltz wrote: »
    you know "Atomic heart mother" has never been one of my favorites, but I do listen to it now & then.

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    MooseBash, you and your wife might be the biggest Yo-Yo Ma fans on the planet :D
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    294751DD-31F5-44F4-A787-1046EBF94487_zpszmr1ieym.jpg
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • TCK
    TCK Posts: 231
    - SDA 2B (1989, Oak Tops, 194s, Spikes)
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, BH5, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - (2) SVS SB12-NSD (Flat Black)
    - SVS SB 3000 (Gloss Black)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz MM 7055 (5 Ch Amp)
    - Pioneer PD-D6 SACD Player
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Sony UBP-X800M2 (4k Blu-ray)
    - Sony UBP-X1100ES (4K Blu-ray)
    - Adcom GFA 555 Amp
    - Monitor 5 (194s, Side Surrounds)
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s) {Storage}
    - LG OLED65CXPUA (4K OLED TV)
    - LG 55UN7300PUF (4K HD TV)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - (2 Pair) RT25i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - F/Xi A4 (Rear Surrounds)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds) {Storage}
    - Audioquest Interconnects
    - Blu-Jean Speaker Cables & Interconnects

" But boy do I remember the strain of her refrain " LG
  • Moose68Bash
    edited May 2015
    Nightfall wrote: »
    MooseBash, you and your wife might be the biggest Yo-Yo Ma fans on the planet :D

I don't know.

We first met him at a concert he gave in the mid-1980s in Columbus, IN.

When our daughter started studying violin at the New England Conservatory's prep program, she shared a stand in the orchestra with Emily Ma.

I don't pretend to know Yo-Yo Ma, and I doubt that he even remembers my wife and me.

I can say that my several brief experiences with him have reinforced all the good things that have been written about his humility, open personality, charisma and warmth as a human being.

And, he is a great musician to boot! :)

• [Deleted User]
    When I get done with this mind expanding stuff, I think I'll do a Stones for all.
    My two fav stones songs are the one w/ the chorus
    "everybody must get stoned!"
    and
    and the song 'Like a Rolling Stone.'
    dromunds wrote: »
    sabglglchtaq.jpg

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Roger Waters: Pros & Cons of Hitch Hiking.
  • Moose68Bash
    x38fbgtvbyif.jpg

CD 86 0f 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

Some very beautiful music on this CD. Great reference material for timbres, separation, soundstage. Track 4 --"Brush of Silk" -- is one of my favorites.

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
This discussion has been closed.