4se3mmbowhw2.jpg

Red I really love this album. Especially the track "When I'm Dead And Gone"
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    I need to hear it again when I'm not cleaning LPs. :D
    There was one song that really stood out for me.

LZ @%&# Japan for US CD.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,086
    One of my favorite pre 1980 albums ever.

rush2112.jpg?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,716
    084xW2.jpg

Jethro Tull ~ Songs From The Wood
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• [Deleted User]
    hn6htwckojut.jpeg
    This vinyl copy I'm listening to is the first Chrysalis version in US, CHR 1044.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 10,007
    Yvette Landry - Should Have Known. Saw her several times at New Orleans Jazzfest. 2010 Debut CD. Louisiana born and bred.

xf33okegri02.png
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,843
    edited May 2015
    1tdapccnt8ym.jpg

CD 53 of 90 from "30 Years Outside the Box"

I listened to this one many times before my wife gave me the "Outside the Box" collection, and it has been one of my favorites for a long time.

Each of these guys is a master of his instrument; and, they make an extraordinary ensemble.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Moose68Bash
    edited May 2015
    gtbr39qmk1gg.jpg

CD 54 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box."

This album is essentially a recitation of an epic poem in seven parts about the life of King Gesar of Tibet, that is set to music by Peter Lieberson with a libretto by Douglas Penick. Until I lifted it out of the box to play it, I had never heard of its existence, which may indicate my ignorance or the CDs lack of popularity (or both).

While it is not extraordinary music, it is an unusual and unique listening experience. It is worth a listen. I shall not be returning to it often, but I am glad that I am experiencing it.

It is not a great piece for showcasing a two-channel system, but the soundstage presents clearly and precisely the narrator (and occasional singer) surrounded by the various instruments as they are described in the liner notes.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• Moose68Bash
    lzollkavtpry.jpg

CD 55 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

Ah, now back to some more familiar music!

• [Deleted User]
    za06vigp7mze.jpg
    David Gilmour's first solo on vinyl
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Roxy Music: For Your Pleasure.
  • chefkungfu
    chefkungfu Posts: 638
    Subdivisions.... Rush
    SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • Moose68Bash
    edited May 2015
    l5k5ioajmnes.jpg

CD 56 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

Extraordinary contemporary classical music not to be used for light listening or background music. It is demanding and worth the effort for those who like the concerto form and the cello.

PS: One might well ask why the cover photo was shot with Ma sitting on a collapsible stool in the snow and why Ma is wearing an overcoat and half-finger gloves. The answer is that these three pieces were recorded in Phildelphia during the early January blizzard of 1996. They were lucky to have finished the recording sessions, and apparently the photo pays homage to this foul weather.

• Moose68Bash
    dmfnxh6vb5jw.jpg

CD 57 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box"

Excellent performances and recordings of two of Mozart's important works. Simply great listening, as only Mozart can be.

• Moose68Bash
    w1fa1ed4j6gd.jpg

CD 61 of 90 from "Yo-Yo Ma: 30 Years Outside the Box."

Out of sequence -- but I just felt like listening to Mark O'Connor -- along with Yo-Yo Ma, James Taylor, and Wynton Marsalis on a few tracks.

This is a very fine CD!

• pumpkinman
    pumpkinman Posts: 9,716
    f8lH4X.jpg

Black Sabbath ~ Seventh Star
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

• [Deleted User]
    "Out of sequence -- but I just felt like listening to Mark O'Connor -- along with Yo-Yo Ma, James Taylor, and Wynton Marsalis on a few tracks.

This is a very fine CD![/quote]"

Well, when it is time for 61, play it again! :)

• [Deleted User]
    German redbook CD. Dunno if the mastering is any diff:
    Black Sabbath 'Master of Reality'
    "Courtesy Of Dorchester Holding. Issued Under License To Creative Sounds, Ltd.

Made in Germany is printed on the disc.

6004 is on the spines only
    449803-2 is on the disc only"
  • TCK
    TCK Posts: 231
    Loaded up the tray.
    The Kings of Rock...byki89j5x3i2.jpg
    - SDA 2B (1989, Oak Tops, 194s, Spikes)
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, BH5, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - (2) SVS SB12-NSD (Flat Black)
    - SVS SB 3000 (Gloss Black)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz MM 7055 (5 Ch Amp)
    - Pioneer PD-D6 SACD Player
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Sony UBP-X800M2 (4k Blu-ray)
    - Sony UBP-X1100ES (4K Blu-ray)
    - Adcom GFA 555 Amp
    - Monitor 5 (194s, Side Surrounds)
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s) {Storage}
    - LG OLED65CXPUA (4K OLED TV)
    - LG 55UN7300PUF (4K HD TV)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - (2 Pair) RT25i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - F/Xi A4 (Rear Surrounds)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds) {Storage}
    - Audioquest Interconnects
    - Blu-Jean Speaker Cables & Interconnects

" But boy do I remember the strain of her refrain " LG
  • TCK
    Disc 2 of a Rod Stewart box set 8jp2qzicjqxs.jpg
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Adcom GFA 555 Amp
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)

• TCK
    Where's my Mulerblczsuackdi.jpg
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Adcom GFA 555 Amp
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)

• TCK
    Robert Johnson - Crossroad Blues hgcgvw6am00s.jpg
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Adcom GFA 555 Amp
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)

• [Deleted User]
    Ha! I thought you were trying to get to 100 posts in a hurry ;)
    Think I'll go Rod from this group. :)
    64eca2fxjr0w.jpeg
    on vinyl.

• TCK
    Nah...I'm sharing.
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Adcom GFA 555 Amp