Where'd all the beer threads go?

Options

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    BS.....**** is a new England thing. Common knowledge.
    msg wrote: »
    I gather this is the 'before' photo.
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I also made a trip to the ****.....I was running low....
    q0gimw7s57my.jpg

I will send you photos tomorrow afternoon.........
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Wow is that Miles Davis B*t*hes Brew? is it Jazzy? Kind of Bluesy?
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbiron
    Options
    That right there is a great beer. If you come by it, I suggest picking it up. I think I pay $12 a bottle.
  • voltz
    Options
    I'll look for it next time I'm in Wichita shopping as we have a Beer Cave full of micro brews. You just grab empty 6-packs and load them up.

Love grabbing like 10-12 different Brown ales or stouts.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• mrbiron
    Options
    I don't start drinking stouts till late October.

I lied, I drink black and tans year round.

I've read a number of articles where people think the micro brew bubble is about to pop. Something to do with stock sitting on the shelves for too long and breweries losing money due to over saturation. Suppose to happen in 2017.....we'll see.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    I don't drink beer
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,976
    Options
    I don't drink beer anymore....but no less either :)
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Went to Troeg's today. I'm glad it is over an hour away, any closer and I think I'd live there. Got there at 11 and left around 5; food was amazing as always. I mostly drank from their Scratch series, having a raspberry gose, a rye ale, and a fresh hopped IPA as stand outs.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • mrbiron
    Options
    sixpoint%2Bhi%2Bres%2Bcan.jpg
    Drinking these tonight....another long week....
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Hope your chair has seat belt, Fred.
    sixpoint%2Bhi%2Bres%2Bcan.jpg
    Drinking these tonight....another long week....

• mrbiron
    Options
    I'm only allowed 2 says my wife. Apparently, when you have two children 3 and under, you have to be somewhat responsible.

Growing up is for the birds...
  • ken brydson
    Options
    I'm only allowed 2 says my wife. Apparently, when you have two children 3 and under, you have to be somewhat responsible.

Growing up is for the birds...

Something to be said for empty nesting...
  • voltz
    Options
    wtawimmy647r.jpg

• txcoastal1
    Options
    bd015ixb5y69.jpg
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• lightman1
    Options
    gspeudjx9j6l.jpg
    This evenings libation. Pretty darn tasty.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    Options
    A friend came to sauna via a Russian store. Kilikia Dark was my favourite out of these, schwarzbier I think with a taste a little towards brown ale.

zh024bexbakx.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    ^^^^That's cool, how was that Lvivske Porter?

• voltz
    Options
    vtnhniw57zyq.jpg

• Sami
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    ^^^^That's cool, how was that Lvivske Porter?

It was good but nothing really separating it from all the other good porters out there. Compared to some of the American "porters" this was a bit more authentic to the tradition though.
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 548
    Options
    vt6s6usw3r87.jpg

Yum yum. Shoo Fly Pie Porter.
    Just like what Grandma used to brew
  • voltz
    Options
    we have a local beer cave in town, i like to get as many of say : Brown ales or Porters or Stouts as I can find, they have empty 6-pack holders you just grab up and fill until you have what you want B)

• Sami
    Options
    Making slow but steady progress. Next up is to hook up Arduino to monitor temperature and control the compressor (with WiFi of course so I can see the history remotely). Then build a front cover doors to hide the ugly insides.

chm12rvzbvgn.jpg
  • mrbiron
    Options
    2l2ufl7hv0mh.jpg
    Grabbed a 6'er of the latest Enjoy By.
    9.4% IPA is quite delicious.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Annual Beer swap took place yesterday. As usual, didn't do too bad...

ezjwofwrdsyb.jpg
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Nope, no room there....
    l717kj1jdsa8.jpg

This is my Beer Club stash for Saturday night. It's my month to host. Doing 7 traditional Black and tans. Notice the red dogs in the lower left....that's our pallet cleansing beer.
    ft9lb7jdior4.jpg

• mrbiron
    Options
    I think I have a problem....
  • lightman1
    Options
    I think I have a problem....

You do, Fred. Not enough fridge.
  • mrbiron
    Options
    Good thing i don't have a keg right now.....or is it?
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Kill me...the massive unsized upload just kill this thread...that and the kiddy server PF is hosted on.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.