Where'd all the beer threads go?

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,787
    edited January 2017
    @Malbec is a wise and worthy partaker of fine Belgian imbibement, judging by that statement. Top marks!
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 549
    Dubbels and Tripels and Quads oh my!
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    muncybob wrote: »
    Any suggestions on where to go for a beginners brew kit?

If you're looking for equipment the best place to start would be craigslist. If you can't find it there then Williams's on the other reply is a good place online to order from among others.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Bells Hopslam Slam is top notch. 10% abv, but hides it very well.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    8tzgepy3jm8y.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,288
    That looks very tasty. Back on Two Hearted for me tonight
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mrbiron
    I drank a Thimble Island out of Brandford CT prior. That 11% beer got me warm pretty quick if you know what I mean ;)
  • Malbec
    For those occasions when 11% seems a bit pedestrian.

zw0g9os91jmi.jpg
  • stangman67
    Not fair! Where did you find it??

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mrbiron
    Malbec wrote: »
    For those occasions when 11% seems a bit pedestrian.

zw0g9os91jmi.jpg

Well, I find singles for around $10ea... my guess is that case wasn't cheap.
  • stangman67
    Im a little less than two hours from DFH brewery. Might need to make a quick trips I haven't had a 120 in a long time and can't find it around here, even this close to the brewery

• lightman1
    'Tis a rare beast. I've only seen the 90 minute in most stores.
  • stangman67
    Yea there's 90 minute everywhere, which is a fantastic beer. I'm burnt out on it though, would love a 120 though. I'm now on a mission today!

• Malbec
    Sorry stangman, I didn't mean to mislead you. This is the September '16 release.
    Next release date is April/May. This is an amazing beer to age and I still have bottles from 2012 buried in the fridge. My Daughter lives about 12 minutes from the brewery. If I miss a release I can call her for backup. ucqkfipp6vyr.jpg
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,219
    Sir you have a problem, or maybe just an a-hole

You need to have more friends over :p;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • stangman67
    Yea now you are just rubbing it in! I'll be on my a-game for the next release

• Malbec
    @mrbiron It's a bit pricey. Buying a case drops the price to just under $7 a bottle.

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,219
    So out of curiosity is Malbec based on the grape for wines?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Malbec
    Yep. I couldn't decide on a screen name and happened to have a glass of Malbec in hand.
  • Malbec
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Sir you have a problem, or maybe just an a-hole

You need to have more friends over :p;)

You are right on all three accounts.
  • stangman67
    I found some!

IMG_20170122_142327_zpsqtfkqmpt.jpg

At a beer store right down the road that has the biggest selection of craft beer I have ever seen. Part of me wishes I had never walked in there now. Good bye audio money, it has turned into beer money

• stangman67
    It's the beginning of the end of me for today. It warms you up a bit more than I remember.

IMG_20170122_180924_zpsnktoisxx.jpg

• lightman1
    stangman67 wrote: »
    It's the beginning of the end of me for today. It warms you up a bit more than I remember.

IMG_20170122_180924_zpsnktoisxx.jpg

Yup. It'll lure you in and gain your respect and trust before turning on you and whompin' your beehind.
  • Malbec
    Excellent job ferreting out a bottle. How would you describe the hop presentation at first sip/gulp. This batch seems to be a bit smoother than past batches. I was expecting that lupulin laced brass knuckles to the forehead which renders you half senseless for a second but this was less intense. In a good way of course.
  • stangman67
    edited January 2017
    This one was brewed in July. It's been a very long time since I have had one (5-6 years or so). I remember really enjoying it and liking it over the 90 minute. The beer is not at all how I remember it. The hops were not as overwhelming as a lot of IPAs I drink. I could tell as I drank it that it was high in alcoholic content but it was also fairly sweet so that made it tolerable. It wasn't quite as strong tasting as let's say the Avery Maharajah, but I can't say I really enjoyed drinking it

• mrbiron
    Glass in my beer you say....

Guess i'll have to check my 6pack of Torpedo Extra.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    My taste buds have gone to the Dark Side, i prefer Nut brown ale or darker anymore. That Vanilla Porter sure looked good that someone posted!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbiron
    Atta boy. Tis the season for porters and stouts.....at least that's the way I see it.
  • Malbec
    I'm stouted out from the holidays. Lightened things up with a brown ale for the last two weeks
  • mrbiron
    More 11% fun...

i2lbskdxfq9u.jpg