Where'd all the beer threads go?

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,211
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I had a Left Hand Milk Stout earlier today...good shtuff.

I had a right hand....oh never mind ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    You are a wire yanker!!!
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,099
    edited July 2016
    2tuapjz5j1oa.jpg

A little Arrogant Bast..d Ale a local San Diego brew after a day on the beach and a couple of these I might just turn into an Arrogant Bast..d!!!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • txcoastal1
    ^^^^Steve I can get those here, do you likey???
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• gudnoyez
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    ^^^^Steve I can get those here, do you likey???

I likey but I tell you what after 2 of them I had to switch over to Modelo's as I need a clear head in the morning the Arrogant's are a little on the strong side.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• txcoastal1
    4rkwevgcrphe.jpeg

• mrbiron
    I keep getting "file failed to upload" error messages......what's with this carp?!
    I have so much beer to share!!!!! :(
  • mrbiron
    My wife goes clothes shopping......I run out and buy essentials.
    Tried to keep the breweries from the northeast. Mass, Vermont, Rhode Island, and NY.

Hopefully my brother-in-law will bring some tree house out this way this afternoon.

20160730_120220_zps32imoils.jpg
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    5drp7agz62l8.jpg
    mcqtfmfkjk06.jpg
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbiron
    You can make a nice black and tan by substituting Shiner Bock for Bass.
    I'd go as far as trying the Blonde as well.

I enjoy mixing beer with Guinness if you couldn't tell.
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 549
    zu7v2gxr1rna.jpg
    5cbzv67nvs82.jpg

bzwe7ypae7r1.jpeg
    f9q8iefx20s9.jpeg
    q9acdtf5stpt.jpeg
    9d0u172pjm1o.jpeg

They have an open chamber fermentation room similar to Anchor Brewing and a cool pub. Seem to have lost those pics unfortunately.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 3,021
    Black and tans......so tasty.
    Just the basics. Guinness and Bass.

Anyone have a staple for Lawn Mowing Beer?
    I used to do Wachusett Country Ale, then went to Sam Adams Summer Ale, then Sam Adams Light, finally, last year was Harpoon IPA. Still in debate what this year's mowing beer will be. Possibly Killians....maybe Founders All Day.....dunno but need to decide as first mow happens tomorrow.

My snow blowing beer was New Castle Brown.

Well, you are well into the mowing season so what was your choice? For a lighter beer-guzzlin' in the summer Killians is my go to...but for serious tasting I like the Dog Fish Head Indian Brown.

Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mrbiron
    I have been doing six point - bengali for the last 2 mows. It's a not really a mowing beer but I had a bunch that were in the fridge for far too long.
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    Biron, how is six points as a brewery? Local place has a few of their brews, but I've never tried 'em. Also, you into that gose? I tried Victory's last year and was not a fan.
  • mrbiron
    Six point is in my top 5 for breweries. Everything they make is good EXCEPT for their Gose which I had for the first time this past weekend.

Are you mid Atlantic or north east?
  • andrew82
    andrew82 Posts: 144
    @mrbiron I'm from the NE but live down in the DC area. Just was up north, saw a lot of six points.

Yeah, frankly gose reminds me of a "spritzer." My guy in DC raved about it, but we were definitely not on the same page.
  • mrbiron
    Here we go again. Back with the black and tans as the storms start to roll through.
    bokts7pf84se.jpg
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited August 2016
    I just drank 2 because of you! when you open 2 bottles you have to drink too :#

p.s. my black & tans never look that good but taste just fine!

My closes store doesn't sell BASS even though I keep bugging the owner :( had to pick another Ale
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • txcoastal1
    voltz wrote: »
    p.s. my black & tans never look that good

I wouldn't sweat the reputation about "good head"

• mrbiron
    Don't be fooled, I got me one of these.
    the perfect pour best $10 money can buy!
  • txcoastal1
    I use a spoon bent back at 90degrees slow pour over as I raise the spoon keeping level of the pour

• mrbiron
    Yeah, I had one of them jobbers but what I hAve now is twice as fast.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    andrew82 wrote: »
    Biron, how is six points as a brewery? Local place has a few of their brews, but I've never tried 'em. Also, you into that gose? I tried Victory's last year and was not a fan.

SixPoint is a great brewer. Resin is,one of the best dipa for the money imo.
  • mrbiron
    I've got a couple of cans of resin in the fridge right now. I do enjoy a good DIPA!
    BUT, I also have a couple of cans of Hi-Res which is a triple...knock you eye out.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    I've got a couple of cans of resin in the fridge right now. I do enjoy a good DIPA!
    BUT, I also have a couple of cans of Hi-Res which is a triple...knock you eye out.

Have not tried. A little pricey, but should probably splurge
  • gudnoyez
    b3471lv8u9t4.jpg

Ballast Point- Dead Ringer

The October fest brews are on the shelf. I drank a lot of different Ballast Point Brews while in San Diego. The Hy-Vee's in Iowa are now stocking pretty much every brewer in San Diego's offerings.
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,786
    Nice! No joke people. The Hy-vee stores in Iowa are a mind bending selection of just about every small batch up to the big companies. I walked in to just the package store side and almost passed out from selections offered.tr9fl9nq8vwy.jpg
    And now I must refill this empty vessel.
  • mrbiron
    I also made a trip to the ****.....I was running low....

q0gimw7s57my.jpg
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    I gather this is the 'before' photo.
    I also made a trip to the ****.....I was running low....
    q0gimw7s57my.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Possibly censored as a the slur on Pakistani, used in the UK?
    Wait!!! P@cky is censored?!?!?!
    I disabled signatures.