Where'd all the beer threads go?

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,786
    Erik Tracy wrote: »
    Kill me...the massive unsized upload just kill this thread...that and the kiddy server PF is hosted on.

Gots no probs on my lowly android phone, Erik. Your Interwebs provider just isn't up to the task. Stop looking at pern. (Nudies)
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    I just tested a couple of pages on this thread.
    5G Wifi and my android phone takes 5 seconds to load.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrbiron
    edited January 2017
    The hills are aliiiiive....with the sound of Duuuunkeeeeel

a1o9v0jyo52a.jpg
    There's a little man in my beer!
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,285
    Ol reliable Bell's Two Hearted and jamming to muse. Great night!

IMG_20170110_193818_zpsdnygp4jo.jpg
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • lightman1
    edited January 2017
    ^^^^^ That's a tasty brew, Z. Near the top of the list.
  • stangman67
    lightman1 wrote: »
    ^^^^^ That's a tasty brew, Z. Near the of the list.

Yup I love it. It's my go to when I cannot find anything else interesting at the store

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • mrbiron
    67bdi6n7v8b3.jpg
    So I hosted this month's beer tasting session. My theme was black and tans. The order of preference amongst the group was as follows. (Left to right)
    Yes, my pallet cleansing beer was Red Dog. Ruff!
    I had others to try but the night got late and the Guiness was getting a little long in the tooth for most. Full pints were served...
  • lightman1
    I gotta get up there one of these days.
  • mrbiron
    I enjoy me some good be-ya.
    You can be my wing man any time!
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Love Bells! Dogfish Head 90 min is no slouch either
  • stangman67
    I've drank my share of 90 minute as well. I'd drink two hearted over 90 minute any day at this point. I'm a bit of an IPA addict lol. Drank way way too many to count. Keep coming back to two hearted for a cheapish everyday beer that is still fantastic

• mrbiron
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Drank way way too many to count.
    That's the problem right there!
    The market is so saturated right now that the possibilities are endless. Therein lies the issue.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/12/craft-beer-s-looming-crisis.html
    http://beveragedynamics.com/2016/12/23/6-craft-beer-stats-to-watch-in-2017/

Since starting a monthly beer meet 4 years ago, i've had close to 400 different types of beer during our meets let alone the amount that i buy for myself. To be quite honest, i'm kinda burned out on beer.

"Sinner!"....i know, i know.

Need to stop chasing the unicorn, find a handful that i enjoy with no strings attached, and take it easy. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...... :/
  • stangman67
    I've never thought about beer that way, but it is certainly an interesting point of view. I think it compares favorably to audiophilia. A lot of the fun in high end stereo equipment is the acquiring of different parts and pieces, and even though your stereo might sound fantastic it is hard to be satisfied and at some point can ruin the point of it all, the music.

The adventure for great beer is a very fun one in my opinion, although I don't generally push it. I have a few go-to's when I am at home and when I am visiting other towns or states I will sample the local microbrews. I will say there is a crazy amount of great microbrew IPA's out there and I have not even scratched the surface. I'm trying to keep enjoying the adventure while I can

• muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 3,022
    I feel the same. Sure wish it wasn't so dang expensive to buy a case of something I like though.
    Gonna give home brewing a shot this year. Hoping to learn enough to come up with my own concoctions.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mrbiron
    I've done a bunch of kit brewing but never got into sourcing individual ingredients and doing it myself.

It's a good time if you have kids or friends that might like to partake.

Play with fire, learn the brewing process, and drink a few while doing it. 3 of life's most treasured pastimes!
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,639
    I have not done a kit brew in about a year. Been too busy.

However I do LOVE a good beer. Tonight I have some Ommegang's Abby Dubbel Ale and Death Wish Nightmare IPA waiting for me.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Going to a Bells Hopslam Release Party at a local tavern on Sunday. Looking forward to it!
  • muncybob
    Any suggestions on where to go for a beginners brew kit?
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • mrbiron
    This is a wild guess but if you are in Muncy, PA.
    http://yorewineshoppe.com/
  • muncybob
    Ya know, I've driven by there many times and either they were closed or I just didn't have the time to stop in...
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    p8oukkzzr5a0.png
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 549
    muncybob wrote: »

http://www.howtobrew.com

https://www.morebeer.com

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,101
    edited January 2017
    7h7e8do9bfig.jpg
    x5j7bcaxv3za.jpg

Exile Ruthie brewed after some Bartender in Des Moines Iowa So the story goes, an excellent Golden Lager. That concoction to the right is my famous home made apple pie might be a rough start tomorrow morning. Enjoying this Ruthie out of my Charger glass no not an LA Charger glass my San Diego Chargers Pint Glass damn shame they left town stay classy San Diego :(
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited January 2017

williams brewing online
    https://www.williamsbrewing.com/

They have some great beer kits - and equipment I like their nut brown ale kit!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mrbiron
    yzmjq63e1x34.jpg
    Otter Creek DIPA
    Just finished another Red Dog and I feel glorious!
  • stangman67
    Another one on my faves. This one poured a bit wonky but my god it tastes so good

IMG_20170114_194105_zps3ns8cnr5.jpg

• stangman67
    Aaaand... Crappy picture but it's Dogfishead Burton Baton. Not too smitten on it, but it is a 10% abv beer so it will serve its purpose

IMG_20170114_204025_zpsx7tcfiqv.jpg

• muncybob
    I have yet to find a double digit abv beer that I enjoy the taste of.
  • lightman1
    I have yet to find a double digit abv beer that I enjoy the taste of.

Try some of the Trappist Ales. Smoother finish without the IPA type of assault to the taste buds.
  • Malbec
    Malbec Posts: 549
    Try the St. Bernardus abt 12