Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited June 2013
    Options
    So what is the criteria for a first timer should one want to attend. Is it invite only, or do we need to get a hold of the host and ask if we could attend? My wife could stay at her sisters in Virginia. I would get a kick out of Hob knobing with George Grand and meeting the rest of ya'll.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Probably going to miss this one too unfortunately...
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'd like to make this if that'd be cool. At least partially - I'd need to get back for Buddy Guy Saturday night.
    Craig
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I would love to attend this. Need to see if I can get the time off, finacially feasable, etc. Hopefully it'll work out as I would like to meet you all face to face.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Saturday night is prime time Polkfest, better than a Buddy Guy show where he'll play part of a song, talk a lot, play part of another song, talk a lot more......repeat until the show is over.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• vcwatkins
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Hehe, you do have a point there.
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • vcwatkins
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Is there a preferred hotel?
  • Leftplumma
    Leftplumma Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    So what is the criteria for a first timer should one want to attend. Is it invite only, or do we need to get a hold of the host and ask if we could attend? My wife could stay at her sisters in Virginia. I would get a kick out of Hob knobing with George Grand and meeting the rest of ya'll.

+1
    I'd also like to attend, but I'm unsure how to go about it......
    Please enlighten us o seasoned Polkfest veterans
    Polk SDA 1.2 TL
    Infinity SSW-210
    Integra DTR 7.1
    Pioneer SC-57 Elite
    Sony X777ES
    Sansui BA-5000
    Hafler XL 600's in mono w/ George Kay Audio Tube upgrades
    Hafler xl 600 stock
    Krell FPB 600
    Avel 1000VA Dreadnought
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2013
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »

I'm not 100% sure what hob knobing is all about. If it has anything to do with talking about vinyl or audio, that crap's too boring. I just like to "watch" now, if you catch my dwift.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,325
    edited June 2013
    Options
    About the hotels......the one Lightman1 and I stayed at last time is definitely a "preferred" hotel. I do not have the time this morning to look it up but if memory serves, it is the first one on the South East side of the main highway leading down and the main thoroughfare leading West to Troy's. I swear that was to this day, the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Came with a small kitchenette, living room w/HDTV and cable, separate bedroom w/ 2 Queen side beds, granite bathroom with glass shower stalls and very quiet for a ridiculously low price of under $100.00 a night. I'll see if I can't find it when I get home tonight.

Leftplumma and gudnoyez, newcomers to the Polkfest are always welcome and encouraged to attend. Troy and The Lovely Wendy are the most gracious of hosts and any questions you may need can be answered by some of the folks who have attended before. Just post any question(s) you may have to this thread.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I'll put up a logistics thread that should provide any info that you need.....I'm within spitting distance of Charleston Int'l Airport, I-26, Amtrak and Greyhound. Hotels aplenty in every price range.

As far as first timers, the more the merrier. My caveats are pretty simple. Nothing illegal. If you want to trip the light fantastic, don't do it here. No drugs or guns that kind of thing. Also, I have a strict no doucher policy. Meaning, if you are coming to start crap with someone you don't like on the forum or mess with F1's hair....skip it. Also, there will be drinking and so forth so if you have kids, I'd probably ask that you not bring them. Other than that, come and have a good time. Really, just exercise some common sense.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TroyD
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Watch out, George. Someone wants to hob your knob.

Just saying, TLW has dibs on El Roma....and she is a formidable woman. Formidable.

BDT
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,798
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I took the liberty of putting up a list of hotels here, http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?149595-Polkfest-2013-List-Of-Hotels
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2013
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    Really, just exercise some common sense.

BDT
    Unfortunately, common sense isn't so common these days...lol.

I have only been to one PF, and it was a very good time with a lot of very good people. It was a chance to demo a lot of different gear, different types of music, and a chance to get to know some of the folks in person.

I'd highly recommend participating and having a good time. That's what a hobby is supposed to be about, after all.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited June 2013
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    Watch out, George. Someone wants to hob your knob.

Just saying, TLW has dibs on El Roma....and she is a formidable woman. Formidable.

BDT

Sorry if the term was miss interpeted please allow me to regain my dignity. hob Knobbing means to drink together in a social situation please see associated link.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hobnobbing

Although it does sound odd. I guess what I was trying to say it would great to meet George and the rest of you toss a few drinks back and have a great time, from the stories I have read of the ones in the past, it sounds like all of you seasoned Polk fest veterans have a good time. After reading my other post I did have to laugh. So can I still show up? If I do I guess I will be the one wearing the flamesuit.:redface: LOL
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • TroyD
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Busting your onions re the hob knobbing.....

Like I said, you are more than welcome to come.

BDT
  • RduNC
    RduNC Posts: 87
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up on who can attend and how to go about it. I to was wondering if its invite only and so on.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It will be worth the trip. This will be my third fest at Troy's. And its only a 5 hour drive for me although I will be taking the Monday off for recovery
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,083
    edited June 2013
    Options
    What is this and where is it? A house? Restaurant?
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm bringing my "green bag"--chock full of gizmo's,,,just ask Dr RT1
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • doctor r
    doctor r Posts: 837
    edited July 2013
    Options
    You never know what could be lurking in that bag.
    integrated w/DAC module Gryphon Diablo 300
    server Wolf Alpha 3SX
    phono pre Dynamic Sounds Associates Phono II
    turntable/tonearms Origin Live Sovereign Mk3 dual arm, Origin Live Enterprise Mk4, Origin Live Illustrious Mk3c
    cartridges Miyajima Madake, Ortofon Windfeld Ti, Ortofon
    speakers Rockport Mira II
    cables Synergistic Research Cables, Gryphon VPI XLR, Sablon 2020 USB
    rack Adona Eris 6dw
    ultrasonic cleaner Degritter
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I'm terrifed but attending with the woman who actually married me....

Troy tell the Lovely to get ready, she's the sane one, not ME. I'll have Al in tow or vice versa.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Oh NO not the BAG! and Doro bringing his wife now..... What's next are we hanging Curtains too?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Yep the bag-- each stain has a story! And a very distinct smell.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited August 2013
    Options
    See that's why I can't come. I have to pay for two plane tickets! At least she loves music.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'm a maybe, I'd love to be at a Troy Fest and see all the good Polk Forum folks. I've been to four of these. I'll have a better view of my schedule as the date approaches.
    Carl

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Don't show unless you brought me back something from you know where.
  • TroyD
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hey, in case anyone wasn't paying attention....PF is sneaking up on us....about 2 months out!!

I'm pumped!

BDT
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Troy-
    Still planning on making it. Will be my 1st Fest! Wife got the wkend off just working on a babysitter now. Does anyone ever bring extra gear to trade, sell ect.. (Not a trailer full just a couple pieces) Maybe something to raffle off for the Givens Center, or karma off to lucky # picked ect. Could you pm an address and any updates on where most of the guys end up staying in the $90-130/night price range. Thanks for hosting and being such a big part of Polk Fest lore.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.