Carolina Polk Fest 2013. October 11-13

Options

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2013
    Options
    As far as rigs go....In the cave, I've got the Matrix 802's and will probably swap out with the LSiM703's (which will be raffled off, btw)

In the living room, I've got the HT rig and I'm planning on setting up the Quad 988's with the Dodd Battery preamp and the modded Heathkit W-5M's (all of this gear is potentially for sale, also).

Just to give you guys an idea of what I've got on tap...

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Have fun you guys!

Et tu, George?
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Ok kids.....about 48 hours before kick off......

The more the merrier!

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Just a couple more things.....

Friday night.....those that wish, come to the restaurant. I'll be there from about 5pm on. The addy to plug into your little GPS thingee is: 8510 Rivers Avenue, North Charlestion SC 29406.

If you need it, PM me for my cell phone #

Saturday, we are planning on having BBQ and Fried Chicken and the trimmings for lunch......and for dinner, I'm going to make my famous Frogmore Stew. Plenty of Beer, booze and soft drinks available.

Again, I appreciate what a commitment of time it is to show up at these things so I really want to make it fun as possible.

BDT
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm in driving up see you all soon....

BTW where is everyone staying?

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited October 2013
    Options
    ^ good guestion. I was hoping to stay under a $100 (I'm cheap) if possible, but looks like 125-150 more likely if we stay in N Charlestown. I may be in Myrtle and commuting to Troys on Saturday.

Here's a few I found........

http://bookings.mapquest.com/city/?rs_cid=3000090246&rs_lmark=&rs_rid=&rs_city=North+Charleston%2C+United+States&rs_chk_in=10%2F11%2F2013&rs_chk_out=10%2F12%2F2013&rs_rooms=1&refid=5101#1mp
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I know I'm going to be pissed for missing this.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Troy-

I'm trying to make things work better for me and the wife... instead of Myrtle B, what would you recommend closer to your place, but I do want Oceanside. Folly Beach, north or south less than an hour from you, what would my options be?

Any thoughts or recommendations?
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    edited October 2013
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I know I'm going to be pissed for missing this.

F that. I'm going to be pissed for you missing this.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited October 2013
    Options
    ^ me too and I don't even know you F1-- I've just bought peerless tweets, laughed at your ironic smartass comments, got you to laugh once at my majic pixie dust reference to a troll, and been told I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to refinishing wood. Was looking forward to the facetime- now I'm just stuck with nasty assless chaps images with a man wearing a MIT cable t-shirt.

This sucks.

on top of that the great wonder of the NJ shore or strip isn't coming due to some clouds and a little wind- damn the apocalypse is upon us- PF needs you GG.

So I guess you gents are stuck with my ugly mug Fri and Sat, with my beautiful redhead wife. She's no flexible ANNA, but she has some moves, if we get her drunk enough (2 maybe 3 drinks) hell I might get lucky enough to experience them again.

There's always hope.

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Sad I am missing this as well. Troy knows how to throw a party. See you all next year.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Troy and Wendi are excellent hosts-- you guys will have a great time. I just cannot make it due to time/commitments.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Any place you stay in SC is going to be in the 100 plus range far as I can tell....

I just did a quick check on hotels.com and there is a sleep inn and a quality inn on northside drive in North Charleston...about 3 miles from here....for less than 100 bucks...

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hey, anyone heard from RT1??

BDT
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Troy-

How far are you from the downtown historic district of Charleston? Thinking about a room there now so my wife can walk around and sightsee (she's never been to Charleston) while I hang out with you guys.

Still looking for something on the ocean, but Folly's is way too expensive and due to Nat. Forest and marshland, it looks like nothing else is really close to you on the Atlantic. May stay in your area Fri and Sat then find room south of Myrtle for Sun night.

• TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm 18 miles from downtown Charleston.....

BDT
  • F1nut
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hey, anyone heard from RT1??

Yes, I have. He can't make it either.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Okie Dokie....damn you old farts!

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Options
    i just unboxed the LSiM 703's.....these things are dead sexy. I hope I get the winning ticket...want these bad!!

BDT
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited October 2013
    Options
    ^ are they cherry or the dark color?

Confirmed reservation for the Hampton Inn North Charleston on Northside Drive for FRI and SAT woo-hoo

• scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited October 2013
    Options
    TNHNDYMAN wrote: »
    ^ me too and I don't even know you F1-- I've just bought peerless tweets, laughed at your ironic smartass comments, got you to laugh once at my majic pixie dust reference to a troll, and been told I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to refinishing wood. Was looking forward to the facetime- now I'm just stuck with nasty assless chaps images with a man wearing a MIT cable t-shirt.

This sucks.

on top of that the great wonder of the NJ shore or strip isn't coming due to some clouds and a little wind- damn the apocalypse is upon us- PF needs you GG.

So I guess you gents are stuck with my ugly mug Fri and Sat, with my beautiful redhead wife. She's no flexible ANNA, but she has some moves, if we get her drunk enough (2 maybe 3 drinks) hell I might get lucky enough to experience them again.

There's always hope.

Travs deb is a cutie, just sayin
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Cherry...dead sexy

BDT
  • F1nut
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Has the party started? I want updates and pics.

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited October 2013
    Options

Yeah! Pics and updates eh! Wish I could have been there! Maybe next year?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Lou crashed at my place on the way through. He will be on the road shortly
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Options
    DisneyJoe is in town.....I'm at Brecks 8510 Rivers Ave here in beautiful North Charleston 29406. When you guys get into town, come on over and we will get this party underway!

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Options

Who are you, Sid now?

In due course man. Due course.

BDT
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited October 2013
    Options
    All the people that weren't able to go want to join in vicariuosly, so pix and comments from you guys that are there is our only way to join in
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So far just me and Lou....waiting on the masses!

BDT
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Troy, I may be headed down here in the next hour or two which would put me there around 10 or 11. How late are you guys and TLW planning on staying up?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~