Carolina Polk Fest 2013. October 11-13

Options

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited August 2013
    Options
    ^^^^if you are going to make one, Russman told me Troy puts on the best. I have never been and because I am going to Rocky Mountain this year.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Yes Yes Yes....there will be, I'm sure, gear for sale/trade. There will be raffle items for the Githens center. All kinds of goodness to be had.

As far as hotels, my recommendation is anything around the airport. There is a Hyatt Place, Hampton Inn, Staybridge Suites adjacent to Ashley Phospate Road....those would be my recommendations.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I mostly just sort of Dance and Play with myself, till TLW appears.........Doc gave me a new battery op pump, nicknamed the Monster Maker....
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,535
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I started another thread for folks to post stuff they are looking to buy, or wanting to sell/trade at the 'Fest here. Figured that might help keep this thread more about the event/lodging/logistics, etc.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • reeltrouble1
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I am packing my naval with Vaseline...going easy on the rookies this go round....

RT1
  • reeltrouble1
    edited August 2013
    Options
    OH and come to think of it....who is bringing a pristine copy of the William Tell Overture...and a ribbon..and some magnets..I hear a highly qualified audio technician is attending....still the best 5 audio seconds BDT ever had....

RT1
  • reeltrouble1
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure what hob knobing is all about. If it has anything to do with talking about vinyl or audio, that crap's too boring. I just like to "watch" now, if you catch my dwift.

We can watch Happy Feet together GG. I am going to be late, not too late, just late, kind of like the period at the end of this sentence . Or I could be early.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited August 2013
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    ^^^^if you are going to make one, Russman told me Troy puts on the best. I have never been and because I am going to Rocky Mountain this year.

:eek:yea.,.,.he is an expert, been to four of them....Lol

RT1.....if you stand in one place is it still one place or now two places, the place and the place your standing...this must be the place cuz there isn't any other place.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited August 2013
    Options
    OH and come to think of it....who is bringing a pristine copy of the William Tell Overture...and a ribbon..and some magnets..I hear a highly qualified audio technician is attending....still the best 5 audio seconds BDT ever had....

RT1

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2013
    Options

RT1

new meaning to the words "gone in a flash".....lol
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • TroyD
    edited August 2013
    Options
    BTW, Tedwick, I've got a guy here in SC that can repair the ribbon......he is from the Carver Forum....does Steve still have it? He says if the magnets are broken, he can still repair.

I might make it TEN seconds this time.....heh heh heh....

BDT
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Looks like a fairly quick trip down i77 for me... Hmmm... If Dan was coming I think I would drive down just to kick him in the you know wheres and then leave. :eek:
  • bk911
    bk911 Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'm a newbie to the thread. My husband is soooo into Polk! I'm not gonna lie, I enjoy all the speakers we have. My brother-in-law lives in Charleston, SC. I mentioned Polkfest to my husband and he said he's always been DYING to go to one! I can't find much info online. Someone please tell me more!
  • TroyD
    edited August 2013
    Options
    It's just a big ol' party. We get together and eat, drink, listen to music, tell lies about women and audio gear.....It's just a fun get together with people with a common interest. Nothing too complicated! Check out the beginning of the thread for the particulars of this year.....do a search on past Polk Fests and I think you will get a good read on what goes on!

BDT
  • gumbay13
    gumbay13 Posts: 360
    edited September 2013
    Options
    [/QUOTE]I'm F1nut and I approve this message.[/QUOTE]

Enjoyed this line.

Hopefully will be able to join you all next year.
    AMP/Pre Pro: Outlaw 7000x, Marantz AV7703
    Speakers: Fronts:LSiM 705s/ Center: LSiM 706c / Surrounds: LSim 703s
    SUB: Rythmik LV12R x2
    Source:OPPO UDP-203
  • TroyD
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Okay, just a few short weeks away.....

Couple of things:

1. I need to assemble a attendee list.....just so I have an idea of who is showing up.

2. Can this be made into a sticky?

3. Anyone bringing gear?

I'm getting pretty jazzed about the event, I hope you all are too!

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Status of Resources:

Here is what I currently have on hand....

Mancave:

B&W Matrix 802 S3
    VPI Scoutmaster
    Parasound PLD 2000 preamp/ Dodd one-off phono stage
    SACDMods Sony SCD-555ES

Also have Quad 988's / Dodd Battery Pre / Dodd/Cocci rebuilt Heathkit W5M's....

I also have a HT rig with B&W's.....I'm hoping to have a new AVR before PF but we'll see.

I was hoping to resurrect Ted's Amazings that I sent to an early, yet glorious demise, prior to PF but that doesn't look like it's going to pan out. I was a day late and a dollar short on a pair of ribbons recently....so that doesn't appear to be in the cards.

I'm hoping that I can get a loaner pair of LSiM's to demo against the 802's / Quads....so we'll see how that goes.

Food and booze will be in great supply.

BDT
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Someone asked me about attending this. I don't remember who but I am, unfortunately, out for sure.

I was just informed that I will be attending Arcsight training the week before (T-F) just in time to set up new servers that weekend. Since I already have plans for the following weekend and it has to be done before the 25th to meet a business requirement, I have no other choice but to be working the weekend of the PF since I can't move my plans for the next weekend.

So nobody ask me if I'm going. 'k?

I know you're all sorely disappointed but you'll just have to man up and soldier on without me.

I'm sure dorokusai and Al are thoroughly relieved at this news.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2013
    Options
    In, like Flint.
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm in. Driving down.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2013
    Options
    On the fence. I have a lot going on in October. I will let you know for sure in a couple of weeks.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited September 2013
    Options
    can't even get a sticky for a Polk Feast, oh wel the times they are a changing

count me in, short of a major change
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • George Grand
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Is this still on or what?
  • ohskigod
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Better be, gonna be uncomfortable when I'm knocking on the door after driving there.
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Im still planning to go!!

And... does anyone know if JSTAS is going???????????????????????????????????????????????? ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited September 2013
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    Im still planning to go!!

And... does anyone know if JSTAS is going???????????????????????????????????????????????? ;)

he posted he was busy with work
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,054
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I know... Im just messing with him... because... you know... it's John... :-P
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • TroyD
    edited September 2013
    Options
    OK....I'm back!

Yes, we are still on!

Two weeks to go! We have a pair of LSiM 703's to be raffled off for the Githens Center courtesy of Polk!

So, who is coming? It's going to be a great time, I promise!

BDT
  • George Grand
    edited September 2013
    Options
    TroyD wrote: »
    We have a pair of LSiM 703's to be raffled off for the Githens Center courtesy of Polk! BDT

Present and thank you Polk. I have a pair of garage rig Monitor 5 Jr and a pair of very presentable RT-3 as well. At the very least.
  • TroyD
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Polkfest Shirts just arrived as well!

BDT