Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL Crossover Modification Thread
Options
Comments
-
The cap is like a .22 uf (extremely small) - cost approximately $40.00 - if you were replace the 12uf caps it adds about $1500 on to the price, give or take so it can get pricey quick...
I do *every* speaker that comes through here right side positive, just to be consistent.
There is no right or wrong though, as long as you wire it with the correct polarity..- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
This content has been removed.
-
Watch your inductor placement
Looking good though!
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
This content has been removed.
-
I would do one vertical, horizontal and flat just to make sure. Better safe than sorry- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
This content has been removed.
-
I am interesting in seeing our final product, are you going to leave it exposed or put it in a case?- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
This content has been removed.
-
Very nice!
The 6.8uf MR looks odd.. :-P - Looks like a 5 hour energy drink!- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
This content has been removed.
-
Yeah, I use the 6.8uf as well, never used a 6.8 MR though, hehe- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
This content has been removed.
-
This is true.
The big one I am working on the only stipulation to it was "It has to drop in and that's that" so... ya know...
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
This content has been removed.
-
The MR is like the cocaine of speakers...
The true down side to the MR is the burn in, an easy 250 hours before it even achieves 25% of its performance then a switch just goes off. It is the one audio experience to this day that floors me.- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
This content has been removed.
-
Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
-
haha
This is even looking way sweeter!- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
This content has been removed.
-
I guess you could maybe go to Duelund caps, $800 or so a piece - better or worse, preference? Hard to say- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
-
This content has been removed.
-
I hear you on that!
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
Hey Larry!
Why don't you use NL8 connections for your internal wiring if you are going external, or better yet -
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
This content has been removed.
-
Ah, sorry - I saw the Molex on the layout and was curious...
NL8s are incredible!
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
This is a fun mod!
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
I feel it needs repeating once more - those caps are enormous!
Great work, Trey. -
Thanks man! :]
The caps are huge for sure! I can't wait to see the final product!- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit. -
This content has been removed.
-
I don't believe he is a member... Could be wrong.- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

