New LSiM owners thread!

1235»

Comments

• arty
    arty Posts: 8
    BTW I will be leaving this forum anyway as I am not here to argue with kids. When I read your childish comments I know it is time to leave anyway. Take care and have fun with your speakers .Jeremymarcinko your brother is right. Sell them while you can as I again I say these are the KING of marketing speakers sold to SUCKERS . Take care.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Suursly.... Lsim sperkers never stood a chance. Y'all should hear them on a Pyle 4000 watt ampli-booster. Seems artyfarty knows his/hers speakagers Fairhope design. I'm glad he/she saved us from these abominations.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    arty wrote: »
    BTW I will be leaving this forum anyway as I am not here to argue with kids. When I read your childish comments I know it is time to leave anyway. Take care and have fun with your speakers .Jeremymarcinko your brother is right. Sell them while you can as I again I say these are the KING of marketing speakers sold to SUCKERS . Take care.

Thanks for coming!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    I genuinely curious as to what your 40 year old speakers are?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• arty
    LOL Thats my point Lightman1 . 4000 watts.....Why not just plug them in direct to your local generating station.....Good speakers don't need that kind of power. F1nut I have la scalas and also Ditton 66 studio monitors and trust me either ones blow the 707 into the water.Take care all.
  • pawelmwo
    pawelmwo Posts: 137
    My experience so far has been fantastic with LsiM 705s. Where I went wrong is trying to toe them in 30 degrees. After a bunch of tests I settled on 5 degrees which solved my sound stage issues. Due to room setup I can’t have equal distance between speakers and the listening position.
  • Plant stands? If you really paid attention to the LSiMs you’d know that they are no good for holding up plants.

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • F1nut
    LOL Thats my point Lightman1 . 4000 watts.....Why not just plug them in direct to your local generating station.....Good speakers don't need that kind of power. F1nut I have la scalas and also Ditton 66 studio monitors and trust me either ones blow the 707 into the water.Take care all.

I'll take you tried to drive the 707's with a low powered tube since that would the right choice for the La Scalas. Of course, the 707's would not perform well in that situation, but since you seem to know everything you should have known that before hand. Perhaps in the future you will do a better job of matching the speakers and amp when you demo them.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• arty
    F1nut. I do not think I know everything and I am running all speakers with a Yamaha 3030 as a pre out and a monolith 7 for amp power.The la scalas I run just off the Yamaha as they don't need much power. Tube amps yes but the newer SS amps are amazing. You did not mention the Ditton 66's I am running and those with the amp set up and are incredible. I can see I am not liked here with my comments about the LSIM 707's but trust me when I fed them that power and tried toe in at many angles standing next to the Dittons they did not stand a chance. Does this make sense to you at all.Just because something is newer does not mean it is better. Celestion almost invented the speaker and when it is a studio monitor to begin most other speaker companies looked at them tore them apart to make there own. Glad you got back to me.Te 66's were made to play back music that was recorded back to the band in the studios. I am sure you realize they were and still are considered some of the best ever made period.
  • arty
    F1nut. I do really like the SVS ultras and the Klipsh RF 7 version 3 in case you are wondering about the newer stuff. Yes they are more expensive but worth it if you can get them. If you are shooting for the moon then the Triton reference series is amazing but you need 10,000 for those. So that is the real problem now. You want something that sounds like the older stuff you need to ante up quite a bit and the LSIM 707's just do not cut it. When they first came out they were 6000.00 then 4000.00 then 2000.00
    then sometimes less. Speakers that are great do not loose there value like that and number 2 are not given away. Hopes this makes some sense in the end. It was nice to talk with you.
  • F1nut
    F1nut. I do not think I know everything and I am running all speakers with a Yamaha 3030 as a pre out and a monolith 7 for amp power.The la scalas I run just off the Yamaha as they don't need much power. Tube amps yes but the newer SS amps are amazing. You did not mention the Ditton 66's I am running and those with the amp set up and are incredible. I can see I am not liked here with my comments about the LSIM 707's but trust me when I fed them that power and tried toe in at many angles standing next to the Dittons they did not stand a chance. Does this make sense to you at all.Just because something is newer does not mean it is better. Celestion almost invented the speaker and when it is a studio monitor to begin most other speaker companies looked at them tore them apart to make there own. Glad you got back to me.Te 66's were made to play back music that was recorded back to the band in the studios. I am sure you realize they were and still are considered some of the best ever made period.

I dare say your infantile posting style and insults have more to do with your reception here rather than your disdain of the Polk speakers. You see even though this is the Polk forum the membership has a wealth of experience and ownership of a vast array of different speaker and audio gear brands. Since you opened the door I will say that your taste in speakers and audio gear differ greatly from mine. I can respect that, but you need to respect the choices other people make.

I cannot agree with your accessment that the Ditton 66 was one of the best ever made, far from it.

Have a nice day.

President of Club Polk

• pyrocyborg
    pyrocyborg Posts: 524
    edited February 2019
    Did you also try the 705s or the 703s before dismissing the entire series?

Honestly, a friend of mine bought the 707 a few years ago (a thing I never dared to put in my room). My opinion? Sounded muddy at best, but the main reason was is room, which, like mine, has a huge bass peak exactly where the MLP is. He had to bring the 707 five feet from the side walls for them to sound right, and well, they took the entire room that way, so it was a big "no-no". So, without room correction, bass overpowerered everything, and with room correction, it sounded muddy (due to a -15dB filter between 50 and 80 hz or so).

We switched to the 705 the same day, and it was way better, but in the end, he has to let tower speakers go and go for the standmounted 703 he bought for surrounds, and it sounded like more refined than the 705 in his room (and amplification wasn't really an issue on his father's Parasound power amp).

Now, this was in a living room without any kind of room treatment, and while I agree that not every new product is better than the old ones (especially "legends" like the Ditton 66), the LSiM 707 are perfectly fine, as long as they're set up properly, which, in my limited experience, is a pain to do, even in larger rooms. Is the LSiM line the best there is? Hell no, but at sales prices, they should at the very least hold their own as honest contenders. Their sound signature is a matter of taste, I'll give you that, and anyone looking for a forward or "brighter" sound will not be pleased at all.

A lot of people here heard or even owned hundreds of speakers from different brands and era, and they can at least recognize that the LSiM are excellent speakers, but not at their MSRP.

Still, it is possible that no answer will change your opinion of these speakers, and in that case, I wish you luck in your future endeavors. Your ears will always be the judge.
    Post edited by pyrocyborg on
    Speakers: Polk Audio LSiM 705, LSiM 703, LSiM 704c
    Receiver: Denon X3500H
  • arty
    edited February 2019
    Thanks everyone. Does anyone know how to delete your profile on here????
    Pyrocyborg spoken like a true gentleman. What sound would I lean towards then Joey_V when I mentioned the Klipsch? I lean towards something that sounds great and these 707's are not it.F1Nut. I bet you have never heard the 66's so easy for you to say that. I will leave you all to the resident know it all here F1NUT . Take care.
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    I don't think you can delete your profile, but you can just go away...
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • F1nut
    They always run away when met with superior knowledge, logic and experience. Too funny.

President of Club Polk

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    The guy called me out by name too...

He’s definitely wanting to make enemies on this board.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    The fool is using my name without permission... >:)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited February 2019
    As most of us are using 30+ year old speakers as well, the guy is too funny, definitely popped in just to stir the pot..
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Thanks everyone. Does anyone know how to delete your profile on here????
    Pyrocyborg spoken like a true gentleman. What sound would I lean towards then Joey_V when I mentioned the Klipsch? I lean towards something that sounds great and these 707's are not it.F1Nut. I bet you have never heard the 66's so easy for you to say that. I will leave you all to the resident know it all here F1NUT . Take care.

Perhaps if you took a breath, read what you initially posted you would see why many are upset.
    You trashed a speaker that has mostly very good reviews, but did not bother to really explain what was not to your liking, but instead simply called them all kind of silly names, with no thorough explanation of what it all meant.

I get not everyone will like every speaker, but it was the way you "trashed" them that bothered some, not that you do not like them.

Could you provide a more detailed description of your likes and dislikes of the speaker, without all the negative words initially used?

Hate to see anyone leave on a bad note, but you could redeem yourself and maybe get along with several here.

An olive branch...(and I am being quite sincere)
  • Interesting, looks like this thread was only eight years old. That's an impressive find or you really wanted to comment on them.

Glad you brought up the 6x9 aspect Arty. I've been thinking about another set of 707s and tearing them apart to use in my 40 year old automobile.

Arty, sell em to me for what you think they're worth and I'll use them to replace my 40 year old 6x9 Cerwin-Vega speakers in my 40 year old Buick - send em to me and I'll find a way and let you know how they sound.

I empathize with you though, my oldies sound good too, but, not the same. Mr. Watkins knew his stuff back in the day.
  • arty
    Hi mtnchickorynut . Tell you what. You buy another set and I will trade you the 6x9 speakers for the cabinets you are going to take the other set of speakers out of on your end. Matter of fact you can have all the speakers from mine. I want the cabinets so I can fill them up with good quality dirt and plant strawberries in the holes from them this summer. Do we have a deal? :)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    @KennethSwauger can you do us one last "favor" as mod?