Midwest/Indiana Members meet?

12346»

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,527
    edited April 2011
    It was great getting to listen to a bunch of vinyl. Enjoyed hearing the LSi 15's on my Carver and also the Maggies. I admit it was interesting to note Jeff's NAD kept up with them much much better than my Carver. Those Maggies kept the red lights on my Carver dancing :biggrin::smile:

Looking forward to the first screening of Star Wars on LASERDISC!!!!!!

Only thing that sucks is when I got home (after spending a couple hours in Muncie fixing my brothers laptop) I discovered that when I pulled the Monoprice interconnects off the Carver I actually pulled the gold plated RCA connector piece off the 4th channel. So for now its not running surrounds because I dont have time right now to open it up and attempt to fix it. I believe it totally broke the solder joint and needs repair, but I havent looked inside to verify.

I am also going to spend some time when I get home opening up the connector piece's on the monoprice interconnects because they are waaaaaaayyyyyy to tight on both the Carver and Integra.

I might even honestly just go buy some ratshack ones to hold me over until I get some SignalCable ones......that or go with the non premium monoprice ones. I have one of those and it fit in nice and easy...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited April 2011
    Sorry I couldn't make it. I had something come up with work that I was unable to attend. If you guys have another one in the near future, I would love to attend and bring some equipment with me.

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    I wouldnt mind another one myself, those Maggies alone were worth the trip to listen to....forget all the other 1k+ gear I got to play with lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    edited April 2011
    May 1st perhaps???
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    May 1st perhaps???

I will wait a couple days and discuss with the wife. Dont want to overload her with too much of the audio discussions at once :).

Heck my brain is still trying to process everything I learned and heard yesterday lol....

that and I have a couple ideas perhaps if that date does work out...dont want to discuss them just yet...
  • dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited April 2011
    HA! May 1st is about the only Sunday that doesn't work for me right now :D

Let me know,

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    dcmartinpc wrote: »
    HA! May 1st is about the only Sunday that doesn't work for me

Thats what she said :eek::biggrin::wink:

Now back to our regularly schedule programming.
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited April 2011
    Wish I could've been there. My wife had a reoccurance with some of her issues last week and had to go into the hospital. Between that and being in the middle of a move has been trying. I hope another show n tell happens so I can make it under better circumstances. Glad to hear you guys had fun.
    design is where science and art break even.
  • silvertuner
    silvertuner Posts: 496
    edited April 2011
    hope i can make the next one, but getting a house ready to sell, packing crap to move, spending time with the kid, and billiards seem to be taking up most of my time.

some cheap free sony speakers
    psw125
    denon 1610
    3.1 channel because i hate cables ran across the living room like that
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    newrival wrote: »
    Wish I could've been there. My wife had a reoccurance with some of her issues last week and had to go into the hospital. Between that and being in the middle of a move has been trying. I hope another show n tell happens so I can make it under better circumstances. Glad to hear you guys had fun.
    hope i can make the next one, but getting a house ready to sell, packing crap to move, spending time with the kid, and billiards seem to be taking up most of my time.

Wish you guys coulda been there as well. Lost my Vinyl Virginity :eek: lol....

Also had some fun hooking up 20+ year old realistics that hadnt been tested since they were bought at a garage sale lol....

That and watching the red lights on my Carver dance when running a set of Maggies off of it were some of my highlights....

Being able to watch STAR WARS on the a Laserdisc player is THE HIGHLIGHT!

Got it all hooked up and gonna enjoy the audio nirvana. Now I just need it on blu-ray and I believe we will have it on all formats, VHS, DVD, Blu-ray and Laserdisc....Love the nostalgia of seeing lines and pixels from the S-Video. Also a test to see how the Integra passed the video to the TV via HDMI....

That and now gonna ask my Dad about his old turntable and then track down a copy of Star Wars music on Vinyl....
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    edited April 2011
    Wish you guys coulda been there as well. Lost my Vinyl Virginity :eek: lol....

Also had some fun hooking up 20+ year old realistics that hadnt been tested since they were bought at a garage sale lol....

That and watching the red lights on my Carver dance when running a set of Maggies off of it were some of my highlights....

Being able to watch STAR WARS on the a Laserdisc player is THE HIGHLIGHT!

Got it all hooked up and gonna enjoy the audio nirvana. Now I just need it on blu-ray and I believe we will have it on all formats, VHS, DVD, Blu-ray and Laserdisc....Love the nostalgia of seeing lines and pixels from the S-Video. Also a test to see how the Integra passed the video to the TV via HDMI....

That and now gonna ask my Dad about his old turntable and then track down a copy of Star Wars music on Vinyl....
    \\\

GOT IT!!!!

Enjoy the LDP and the discs my friend. Look forward to the next meet!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited April 2011
    indyhawg wrote: »
    Had a great time today checking out the gear and meeting everyone, even though it was a small turnout. A big thank you to John for hosting the event and his wife for putting up with us today. Hope we can do this again soon.

Johns wife was there ?? No wonder she's loading up the truck and moving to California, after seeing the bunch of you.:tongue::smile:

Glad you all had a good time. Any audio awakenings we should hear about ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    tonyb wrote: »
    Glad you all had a good time. Any audio awakenings we should hear about ?

We decided the Maggies have better imaging and are better for relaxing and enjoying the tunes. The SDA's on the same gear are just as good, but pack more of a club punch and have a Cerwin Vega at a Frat Party feel. They get damn loud damn quick.

That and if your gonna get Maggies a good amp is necessary. My Carver had some trouble keeping up with them, whereas IndyHawg's NAD took em in stride.

**Note this is by no means a comparisons of the SDA's to Cerwin Vegas, but more of a broad analogy for those skimming the thread. John dont ban me from the next meeting as a result :smile::tongue:**

That and I personally (wont speak for IndyHawg) was able to hear a difference between come cheap and then mid-range interconnect cables. Cemented for me the need for a nice set of SignalCable Analog Two's. Dont think its worth going higher than that given my current gear.
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    \\\

GOT IT!!!!

Enjoy the LDP and the discs my friend. Look forward to the next meet!

That is one thing I want to listen to when we get together next. I bet it sounds great. Just finished the first movie and it was GREAT. Totally brought me back to when I saw them for the first time. Gonna invite my parents over to watch it and pop us some popcorn next time :smile:. Two more to go sometime this week!

PS Find a way to get that Darth Vader helmet on display.....

Maybe exchange a Coach purse for that privileged lol....