Midwest/Indiana Members meet?

Options

Comments

• concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ben, you could bring the jolida and the onkyo amps, stop playin around lol

I may not have anything to bring, as i am about to make a few "subtle" changes ie: everything is going away for new-to-me equipment. just not sure what im searching for just yet.

Jolida? I have no Jolida lol.

The onkyo doesn't do well in a demo setting like that. It could use a refreshing and takes almost 2 hours for it to start to sound really good. Which is why i never turn it off.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited February 2011
    Options
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    darn, I was going to try and be in Indy on March 24-28th.

You can postone til the next weekend if you want to catch this, don't know if you've already put your time off request in or whatever, but i'm not real worried about it either way.

Like i said before, when you come down here, i'm going to put you to work on the car one of the days. :tongue:
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • silvertuner
    silvertuner Posts: 496
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Jolida? I have no Jolida lol.

The onkyo doesn't do well in a demo setting like that. It could use a refreshing and takes almost 2 hours for it to start to sound really good. Which is why i never turn it off.

coulda swore you said at one point you had a jolida...

some cheap free sony speakers
    psw125
    denon 1610
    3.1 channel because i hate cables ran across the living room like that
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited February 2011
    Options
    cstmar01 wrote: »
    darn, I was going to try and be in Indy on March 24-28th.
    You can postone til the next weekend if you want to catch this, don't know if you've already put your time off request in or whatever, but i'm not real worried about it either way.

Like i said before, when you come down here, i'm going to put you to work on the car one of the days. :tongue:

If thats the only date you can make it a couple of us might be able to meet up and hang out either way.

My Saturdays are totally free most of the time. LOL...SilverTuner and I have started to make it a habit to demo speakers on Saturdays....and we could always hit some pawn shops lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So anyone not on my current list planning on attending? Trying to start firming up whose coming so we can start figuring out what gear will be around

@Silvertuner: if you still have your tube amp bring that since it looks like Indyhawg wants to hear his Klipsch Forte II hooked up to one (I forget of nooshin has a tube amp or not). If you want to bring your Altec's that might be cool too since I havent heard them.

Also if folks are coming this would be a great time to connect to sell/buy gear. So if you have some gear and are thinking about selling, maybe post that here and you might find yourself a buyer.

I personally have nothing on my wish list right now (besides possibly some speakers that start with a P and end with a digm).
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    edited February 2011
    Options
    So anyone not on my current list planning on attending? Trying to start firming up whose coming so we can start figuring out what gear will be around

@Silvertuner: if you still have your tube amp bring that since it looks like Indyhawg wants to hear his Klipsch Forte II hooked up to one (I forget of nooshin has a tube amp or not). If you want to bring your Altec's that might be cool too since I havent heard them.

Also if folks are coming this would be a great time to connect to sell/buy gear. So if you have some gear and are thinking about selling, maybe post that here and you might find yourself a buyer.

I personally have nothing on my wish list right now (besides possibly some speakers that start with a P and end with a digm).

I have a tube pre now, and my amps are still being built.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    edited February 2011
    Options

I like those too.
  • silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    if the amp is together i will bring it with me i suppose. its not a ****-ton of power remember that. it should be in working order, but may be a bare chassis getting cosmetic upgrades. and magnavox tubes unless nooshin has some 6v6 tubes he wants to give a try in it. still on the search for some mullards and have worried about other upgrades, saving them for dead last.

going tomorrow or monday to find a bit of lumber to start redoing the sides and front, and upgrading the binding posts, and possibly stripping the chassis for some serious cosmetics. wanting to find some cedar at a decent price and redo the handles since i f*cked those up trying to install them.

i will make it a point to bring it, but not too worried about the Altec's at a Polkie meet lol

psw125
    denon 1610
  • indyhawg
    edited February 2011
    Options

@Silvertuner: if you still have your tube amp bring that since it looks like Indyhawg wants to hear his Klipsch Forte II hooked up to one

Silvertuner brought it by the house today. Impressive little amp for sure. Big thanks to Silvertuner. I'm gonna have to get me one now.
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    indyhawg wrote: »
    Silvertuner brought it by the house today. Impressive little amp for sure. Big thanks to Silvertuner. I'm gonna have to get me one now.

Hehe...glad we could make that happen....

So looking forward to April.

I might have a set of Paradigms to bring up with me but we will see........
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm down for this meet. Should be fun.
    I'd say sometime around the 3rd week of March we should plan out what everyone's bringing and maybe figure out the best way to coordinate it all without imposing too much on john.
    I have the ability to bring some of my big gear but want to make sure we can make it work out smoothly.
    design is where science and art break even.
  • silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    indyhawg wrote: »

no problem man. i was considering letting you keep it for a week or two, but then remember this is my ONLY amp right now. i would be musicless :frown: and i would most likely go MORE insane than i already am...

and Dan, thx for returning my call and text... doucher :biggrin:

psw125
    denon 1610
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    no problem man. i was considering letting you keep it for a week or two, but then remember this is my ONLY amp right now. i would be musicless :frown: and i would most likely go MORE insane than i already am...

and Dan, thx for returning my call and text... doucher :biggrin:

sorry homes, Sunday is time with the wife. Answering my phone would equal death lol.

to answer your question I haven't yet tried the amp (need to find my y adaptors).....
  • silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    understandable. however sometimes a simple "f*ck off" works as well rather than shunning.

psw125
    denon 1610
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    understandable. however sometimes a simple "f*ck off" works as well rather than shunning.

lol...I believe shunning requires multiple day of non response... :wink:
  • silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    not according to Dwight on The Office

psw125
    denon 1610
  • silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    anyone have a clue as to what they will be bringing to this?

i will bring my crappy little magnavox 8802 console tube amp thats been hot rodded a bit so it can actually produce mp3 grade music at low volume

ill bring the sony amp too, big ugly heavy pile of vintage solid state ****

does nooshin have enough cables and a decent pre-amp for this stuff? or shall we bring our own?

thats about all i have interest in bringing.

anyone else have a clue what they shall be bringing to this? hows about a people count!

psw125
    denon 1610
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I think the Sunfire Classic Vacuum tube preamp is good enough for ya.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ive got my Modulus pre. I'd like to hear it against that Sunfire. I can bring my Audio Alchemy, too. I like it in certain situations.

I listed what I had on the page 2 if you guys want to hear any of it. I may bring the Classe, the Audible Illusions, the Sonus Fabers (and stands?) anything else anyone want to hear?
    design is where science and art break even.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Everything listed in my sig is available, and perhaps my Monoblock Carver's will be here by then.

• silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i am wanting to hear some good vinyl thru tubes personally. as long as we have time, bring whatever you guys feel like.

also, music selection?

psw125
    denon 1610
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I have a TON of vinyl, and you guys are welcome to use it. I would like to hear more SACD, as I only have a few. My vinyl mix is all over the map, but please bring anything you would like to hear.

• indyhawg
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I would love to hear SACD as well.
  • silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i am so bringing Kesha and Lady Gaga

psw125
    denon 1610
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    Options

On SACD or Vinyl? :biggrin::tongue::rolleyes::eek:
  • silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i have the cd and vinyl for both... along with 8 track, tape, and minidisc. yeah, im a huge fan...

becomeafan.jpg

psw125
    denon 1610
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2011
    Options

I have Gaga on vinyl already. It actually sounds good.:eek:

• silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I have Gaga on vinyl already. It actually sounds good.:eek:

the only vinyl i have are a pair of pants.

psw125
    denon 1610
  • silvertuner
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Harry said he is out for this event. there is a chance i may be as well. wont know til about a week before. ****

psw125
    denon 1610
  • indyhawg
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Too bad Harry isn't going to be there. Hope you can make it silvertuner. I am still in.