Midwest/Indiana Members meet?

EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
Curious if there is interest in this for us Midwest folks. I don't have the ability to host myself since I have a very small apartment, nor do I have anything close to any date in mind....

But thought maybe us Middle US folks needed to get together....

I would be happy to bring any of my gear, but I know there are others out their with much better rigs than I.

Figured I would start the topic and see what happens from there...

Nooshin @ HB27....looking to see if you guys have any interest....lord knows between the two of you I think you have just about all the speakers Polk ever made covered... :tongue::wink::biggrin::eek:
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
Post edited by EndersShadow on

Comments

• dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited November 2010
    I would be very interested in such a meet / get together. I will be getting my first SDA's this week (1C's) and would love to hear the other things people have out there. I also have some amplifiers that I think some other members here would be interested in hearing. Maybe not, but I know I was :D

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2010
    dcmartinpc wrote: »
    I would be very interested in such a meet / get together. I will be getting my first SDA's this week (1C's) and would love to hear the other things people have out there. I also have some amplifiers that I think some other members here would be interested in hearing. Maybe not, but I know I was :D

Don

hehehe.....I had to stop looking at your for sale post due to how many awesome amps you had lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited November 2010
    Wish I could... but I just don't care.:wink::biggrin:

You guys are welcome here any time.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • AudioGenics
    AudioGenics Posts: 2,567
    edited November 2010
    That's me knocking at the door ....
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited November 2010
    maybe...depends on when and where and I might try and be there...

I have to go to Indy anyways to give some speakers to Ben so I'll be down there sometime but maybe not until after the holidays...

I would be willing to bring my Esoteric DV-50
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    edited November 2010
    I'm up for it.
  • j allen
    j allen Posts: 363
    edited November 2010
    just saw this thread. I might be able to make it, depending on when...
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2010
    Well since I want to attend at the earliest it would be in January since I will be out of commission for about 4-6 weeks shortly, but since weather can be a PITA up north as we all know, it might be a march/april ordeal...
  • zippty2001
    zippty2001 Posts: 232
    edited November 2010
    i am up for it don't know what i can bring lol less any one wants to hear some klipsch tangent 400s
  • silvertuner
    silvertuner Posts: 496
    edited November 2010
    i may be down, just depends on what i will have going on at that time. i could be home, or i could be anywhere between California and new jersey lol

some cheap free sony speakers
    psw125
    denon 1610
    3.1 channel because i hate cables ran across the living room like that
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2010
    Well since I want to attend at the earliest it would be in January since I will be out of commission for about 4-6 weeks shortly, but since weather can be a PITA up north as we all know, it might be a march/april ordeal...

Minifest to be held in your hospital room! :biggrin:

Get well soon.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2010
    Minifest to be held in your hospital room! :biggrin:

Get well soon.

Just bring scented candles since showering isnt really an option and I smell a little "ripe". Got the wife bringing febreze and deodorant, but they can only do so much lol.....:wink::biggrin::tongue:
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited November 2010
    Well I know for sure I'm booked until Dec 31st as work is going to be busy busy busy due to the year end. IF someone wants to try and plan out a date for Jan/Feb I'm game.
  • messiah
    messiah Posts: 1,790
    edited November 2010
    Barring any bad weather I'd be down with after the 1st of the year.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin, February 17th, 1775.

"The day that I have to give up my constitutional rights AND let some dude rub my junk...well, let's just say that it's gonna be a real bad day for the dude trying to rub my junk!!"
    messiah, November 23rd, 2010
  • dcmartinpc
    edited November 2010
    After the first of the year would be best for me too... Sounds like we might be getting a decent group of people together.

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

• HB27
    HB27 Posts: 1,518
    edited November 2010
    Curious if there is interest in this for us Midwest folks. I don't have the ability to host myself since I have a very small apartment, nor do I have anything close to any date in mind....

But thought maybe us Middle US folks needed to get together....

I would be happy to bring any of my gear, but I know there are others out their with much better rigs than I.

Figured I would start the topic and see what happens from there...

Nooshin @ HB27....looking to see if you guys have any interest....lord knows between the two of you I think you have just about all the speakers Polk ever made covered... :tongue::wink::biggrin::eek:

My attending would all depend on timing. I'm a single full time dad of a 10 year old son and that always comes first. Sitter's are short and expensive,
    I have two girlfriends that are already complaining I spend more time messing with my audio gear than I do them. (it happens as you get older so love 'em all while you can)
    I dont' like driving in bad weather as I get older, I can't see at night to drive, I hurt after sitting in the truck on long drives, work has me by the balls and can seldom get away, there's a couple of you guys I'm pissed at and would like to give you a black eye and IF I'm drinking it might just happen.
    Hell, I just proof read this. My life sucks as it is. COUNT ME IN. I NEED THE BREAK
  • EndersShadow
    edited November 2010
    HB27 wrote: »
    My attending would all depend on timing. I'm a single full time dad of a 10 year old son and that always comes first. Sitter's are short and expensive,
    I have two girlfriends that are already complaining I spend more time messing with my audio gear than I do them. (it happens as you get older so love 'em all while you can)
    I dont' like driving in bad weather as I get older, I can't see at night to drive, I hurt after sitting in the truck on long drives, work has me by the balls and can seldom get away, there's a couple of you guys I'm pissed at and would like to give you a black eye and IF I'm drinking it might just happen.
    Hell, I just proof read this. My life sucks as it is. COUNT ME IN. I NEED THE BREAK

lol...totally understand the full time father thing. the fact your kid comes first is always always a good thing! I am going to be off the forums for a couple days due to the surgery but once I am able I will start planning more. Hell I have 4-6 weeks of recovery time where I will be on my **** all day so it will give me something to do to keep me occupied....

Might help if we started listing what gear we are hoping to hear...

Myself I want to hear a set of SDA's, LSi 7's or 9's. Any other vintage Monitor series would be cool, but I keep hearing how awesome the SDA's are so they are kinda top on my list.

Obviously would be more than happy to bring my Carver amp w/ me, although its a little finnicky.

That and maybe comparing some different interconnects to each other and or DAC's might be fun.....
  • HB27
    HB27 Posts: 1,518
    edited November 2010
    lol...totally understand the full time father thing. the fact your kid comes first is always always a good thing! I am going to be off the forums for a couple days due to the surgery but once I am able I will start planning more. Hell I have 4-6 weeks of recovery time where I will be on my **** all day so it will give me something to do to keep me occupied....

Might help if we started listing what gear we are hoping to hear...

Myself I want to hear a set of SDA's, LSi 7's or 9's. Any other vintage Monitor series would be cool, but I keep hearing how awesome the SDA's are so they are kinda top on my list.

Obviously would be more than happy to bring my Carver amp w/ me, although its a little finnicky.

That and maybe comparing some different interconnects to each other and or DAC's might be fun.....

I'd like to listen to some of the more exotic brands of speakers myself.
  • dcmartinpc
    edited November 2010
    Depending on when it is, I could bring the following:

Adcom GFP-750 (Will probably be modded/upgraded by the time we have the meet)
    Modified/Upgraded Parasound HCA-3500
    Parasound HCA-2200II
    Parasound HCA-1500a
    Polk LSi9's
    Polk LSi7's

Don't really want to transport my Upgraded SDA 1C's....

Or we could just do it at my place :D I live in Niles, MI and would be willing to host, depending on the time... I guess it depends on if we could get some guys from chicago, Detroit, Ann Arbor, Indy.... I am central to all of those places....

Don

• nooshinjohn
    edited November 2010
    I can also host, but my Statements won't be finished much before the first of March.

• concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited November 2010
    Would depend on date for me. Yes, i'm still around, mostly lurking at the moment while in end of 4th quarter crunch like Chris.

Speaking of... Chris, give me a call when you get off of work. :)
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • thebluemonkey
    thebluemonkey Posts: 190
    edited November 2010
    Sounds like fun!
  • silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    whats the story on this? dan, we gonna do this? your apartment could host plenty of people :)

and i'll bring my janky little tube amp and maybe altec's i suppose.

get me a head-count on who would be in lets say april 2nd/3rd and i'll see what magic i could work for a venue lol.

psw125
    denon 1610
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    whats the story on this? dan, we gonna do this? your apartment could host plenty of people :)

and i'll bring my janky little tube amp and maybe altec's i suppose.

get me a head-count on who would be in lets say april 2nd/3rd and i'll see what magic i could work for a venue lol.

LOL..... I got lazy and totally forgot about this to be honest.....
  • concealer404
    edited February 2011
    I'm probably out April through October.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

• silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    figured ben. no one wanted to listen to your crappy paradigms or onkyo amps anyways lol.

Dan, i will leave this up to you if we choose to do it. otherwise, i will just go to frys, ovation, and best buy to demo audio i guess *cries a little bit*

psw125
    denon 1610
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2011
    I can still host a Sunday meet at my place, but I guess nobody wants to hear my crappy stuff either...

• EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    I can still host a Sunday meet at my place, but I guess nobody wants to hear my crappy stuff either...

I was thinking about your place honestly as I thought there was some interest from folks farther north in coming down and you weren't too far of a drive.....

But I didnt want to speak for you. That and I think your moving sometime in the near future (thought I saw you post something about that)

So lets tentatively set some of this stuff:

Date: Sunday April 3rd (weather permitting)
    Location: Tentatively @ Nooshin's (provided that date isnt a issue)

Items left to be decided:

Time/Length (Want to make sure we have time to setup/not annoy Nooshin or his wife too much). :tongue:
    Gear
    Food

I would be happy to carpool from my apartment on the NW side of Indianapolis (near the Pyramids) in my Jetta. That puts me able to haul 4 folks max and possibly some gear (no SDA's please :biggrin::eek:). I am even willing to remove my subs from the trunk to make room :eek:.
  • concealer404
    edited February 2011
    figured ben. no one wanted to listen to your crappy paradigms or onkyo amps anyways lol.

Dan, i will leave this up to you if we choose to do it. otherwise, i will just go to frys, ovation, and best buy to demo audio i guess *cries a little bit*

Racing season, y0.

This isn't my first hobby. Don't ban me bro!

The oinker takes a long time to warm up anyways.

• EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    Regarding Gear......although this is a Polk forum........ I personally wouldnt mind listening to some other manufactures speakers and also doing some interconnects (both from pre to amp and also amp to speaker) tests.