Midwest/Indiana Members meet?

Options

Comments

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,636
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I agree with the cables. I woudl like to hear as many as possible.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I can bring the following cables:

Speaker Cables:

10 foot set of AudioQuest FLX 14/4 bi-wire speaker cables w/ GLS locking banana plugs

Interconnects:

6 foot Monoprice "Premium" cables (bring to compare the good stuff to the bargain stuff perhaps??)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Also just an FYI, I am personally planning on bringing a Demo CD of my own. Dont know if others want to do that and then see what Nooshin has as well...

Once I get an idea of what will be on it I will post it lol....

Right now still figuring out all that I have since I am re-doing my entire library in FLAC off my, my wife's and fathers CD's lol.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • silvertuner
    silvertuner Posts: 496
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would say plan be at my apartment around ~8:45. Once I get the address I will PM you if that changes. I will also PM you my addy again if you need it :smile:

jeez thats when i go to bed... lmfao. still out for this, spending the weekend with my son, big plans both days with him. you guys have fun, i will watch a movie on the 114" screen and polks saturday night to celebrate the indiana polk meets lol

some cheap free sony speakers
    psw125
    denon 1610
    3.1 channel because i hate cables ran across the living room like that
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    jeez thats when i go to bed... lmfao. still out for this, spending the weekend with my son, big plans both days with him. you guys have fun, i will watch a movie on the 114" screen and polks saturday night to celebrate the indiana polk meets lol

You want us to try out your cables?
  • silvertuner
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i wont be sending them. muddy sound, going to switch a few things around and go from there. the new set wont be broke in in time for the meet, sorry

psw125
    denon 1610
  • indyhawg
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would like to hear a few different CD players to see if I can hear a difference between them since I am in the market for a new player.
  • silvertuner
    edited March 2011
    Options
    indyhawg wrote: »
    I would like to hear a few different CD players to see if I can hear a difference between them since I am in the market for a new player.

i can try to send my Oppo dv-981hd and my dv-47a pioneer elite with either you or dan, or hell if you want to just borrow them for a week that'd be fine too. universal players, they have a bit of "brightness" to them, but some people do swear by them. plus they should be set for "plug n play" for your set-up since you are 2 channel.

psw125
    denon 1610
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i can try to send my Oppo dv-981hd and my dv-47a pioneer elite with either you or dan, or hell if you want to just borrow them for a week that'd be fine too. universal players, they have a bit of "brightness" to them, but some people do swear by them. plus they should be set for "plug n play" for your set-up since you are 2 channel.

I wouldnt mind trying both at the meet. I havent ever really used a dedicated cd player before to be honest. Normally just used my Xbox or blu-ray player, and mostly streaming and no SACD's ever....
  • silvertuner
    edited March 2011
    Options
    both can do sa-cd. i find the playstation 3 works very well as a transport honestly, but that requires an external DAC, which you could actually do dan using the HK optical or coax, it has an "okay" dac in it IMO. however i did notice a big difference between my blu-ray and the oppo/elite when i got them. you guys can take them to the meet, and just have Jeff take them back to his house to try both on his set-up for a week or so and see how he likes them. these arent dedicated cd players, but i use them because i do have some dvd-audio discs and the oppo doubles as a dvd player in my bedroom (love the 1080p upconverting on it). if that sounds like a plan for both of you just let me know

psw125
    denon 1610
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    both can do sa-cd. i find the playstation 3 works very well as a transport honestly, but that requires an external DAC, which you could actually do dan using the HK optical or coax, it has an "okay" dac in it IMO. however i did notice a big difference between my blu-ray and the oppo/elite when i got them. you guys can take them to the meet, and just have Jeff take them back to his house to try both on his set-up for a week or so and see how he likes them. these arent dedicated cd players, but i use them because i do have some dvd-audio discs and the oppo doubles as a dvd player in my bedroom (love the 1080p upconverting on it). if that sounds like a plan for both of you just let me know

Think it sounds like a plan to me. While the PS3 might work well as a transport, I am just not a fan of that platform on a whole and havent been since its inception :smile:.

If I was doing anything in the office it would be going from HK 3490 + Primus 162's to USB Asynchronus external DAC + KRK Rokit 5's or 6's.

With almost being done w/ my FLAC stuff (and a possible sale of one of my CL items in the works) I might be able to buy a single KRK 5 or 6 and do an semi comparable A&B test w/ the computer (Coaxial for the HK and 3.5mm to RCA for the KRK using soundcard).....
  • silvertuner
    edited March 2011
    Options
    alright i will rip them out next friday, and dan can meet me somewhere friday evening since i will be in castleton picking up my son. sound good dan?

psw125
    denon 1610
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    alright i will rip them out next friday, and dan can meet me somewhere friday evening since i will be in castleton picking up my son. sound good dan?

sounds like a plan...we will figure out logistics next week... indyhawg is near castleton as well if something crazy happens on my end.
  • silvertuner
    edited March 2011
    Options
    word. i will be there either 6 or 7 off 82nd and highway 69. like, literally right off the highway lol.

psw125
    denon 1610
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So do we have a final attendance and gear list?

We will be bringing up SilverTuners CD players from Indy.
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options

Bump?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    edited March 2011
    Options

Itis a rather short list of attendies so far, but I will PM those on it with my address shortly. As far as gear goes, my updated sig is all in play, along with a few pieces that are not on the list, such as a Carver 490t... There are a couple pieces of karma gear as well.:smile:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Itis a rather short list of attendies so far, but I will PM those on it with my address shortly. As far as gear goes, my updated sig is all in play, along with a few pieces that are not on the list, such as a Carver 490t... There are a couple pieces of karma gear as well.:smile:

Works for me. Should make for a fun time. Been looking forward to this for about a month+ :smile:

Get to hear the SDA effect for the first time, get my ears on LSi's properly powered (very very hard to do :smile), get some Maggie time and who knows what else :eek:
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    For food stuff whats the plan?

I just need to know if I should just bring some cash for lunch, and/or if I should pick up some 2 liters on Friday night (Coke, Diet MD, Sprite, ect).

John let me know if you want me to pick up anything like utensils, paper plates, napkins, ect.

Glad to help out with what I can if you need it.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I plan in lighting the grill if weather allows. Thinking brats and burgers and beer... If anyone wants to bring potato salad/cole slaw and the like, that would be awesome. I already have a case of Killian's in the fridge.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. I will pick up some 2 liters (not a drinker myself) and some plastic cups, you want me to bring the paper plates and whatnot or you got that covered?
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sure... grab some plates. I just looked at the weather and it looks like rain may be on tap. you guys like pizza?

• EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sure... grab some plates. I just looked at the weather and it looks like rain may be on tap. you guys like pizza?

Will do and pizza works as well.
  • indyhawg
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Pizza will be fine.
  • EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    2 days and counting.... looking forward to it :biggrin:

I am probably going to bring my front 3 Audioquest cables (pair of bi-wired fronts and a regular cable) just because and possibly my Carver amp.

I am very interested to hear how it does with perhaps a pair of LSi 15's connected to it......

Its gonna be great to put some face's with names.....and get a first hand look at Johns monoblock tube amps (even thought they are not yet fully functional)...
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The beer is getting COLD!

• EndersShadow
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just got my Demo CD figured out.....

Both the wife and I sat down and pounded this out in about an hour, while she got to revisit a bunch of music she forgot she had. First time in a long time we just sat and listened to music together. Was awesome and looking forward to doing some more of that on the way to the meet and at the meet....
    1. Beatles
      Let It Be
    2. Beatles
      Blackbird
    3. Dragonforce
      Through the Fire and Flames
    4. Eminem
      Mockingbird
    5. Jars of Clay
      Liquid
    6. Jars of Clay
      Fade to Grey
    7. Jars of Clay
      Frail
    8. Jewel
      Hands
    9. Nightwish
      The Poet and the Pendulum
    10. Nightwish
      The Islander
    11. Relient K
      Be My Escape
    12. Skillet
      More Faithful
    13. Sparta
      Taking Back Control
    14. Trapt
      Headstrong
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Every LP and cd in my collection is open to all...

• indyhawg
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Had a great time today checking out the gear and meeting everyone, even though it was a small turnout. A big thank you to John for hosting the event and his wife for putting up with us today. Hope we can do this again soon.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I also enjoyed meeting everyone, and had a great time checking out the different gear. You guys are welcome at my home anytime. One thing we forgot was to take a few pictures! If you guys are up for next month sometime...