Midwest/Indiana Members meet?

Options

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I am as well as and also my wife if she wants to come baring any complications.

I took her to Ovation with me last night when I bought some cable and had her listen to the Paradigm Studio 20's....

She couldnt tell the difference between them and my T90e's :eek:.... so who knows if she will want to spend all day listening for differences between speakers lol :rolleyes:......
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    edited March 2011
    Options
    A few months back the wife and I were in Best Buy Magnolia on 82nd. We listened some Martin Logan and some Def Techs. my wife turned to me on the way out and said the speakers you have at home sound better. I was pleasantly surprised.
  • silvertuner
    silvertuner Posts: 496
    edited March 2011
    Options
    indyhawg wrote: »
    A few months back the wife and I were in Best Buy Magnolia on 82nd. We listened some Martin Logan and some Def Techs. my wife turned to me on the way out and said the speakers you have at home sound better. I was pleasantly surprised.

your forte's sound great, especially on tubes. horns thru tubes = sex. not a fan of martin logans personally.

i will do everything in my power to show up, depends on work situation, kid situation, and everything else at that time.

dan, i think you just got shot-down for buying new speakers by the wifey... HAHAHAHAHAHA. sry man, i had to

some cheap free sony speakers
    psw125
    denon 1610
    3.1 channel because i hate cables ran across the living room like that
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    your forte's sound great, especially on tubes. horns thru tubes = sex. not a fan of martin logans personally.

i will do everything in my power to show up, depends on work situation, kid situation, and everything else at that time.

dan, i think you just got shot-down for buying new speakers by the wifey... HAHAHAHAHAHA. sry man, i had to

Not at all actually, she just totally trusts my judgement on them :). Now when she saw the price of the new Studio 20's she about beat me sensless lol....

I told her I am going to make a demo CD and put some of her music on there. That should help her hear the differences perhaps....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • indyhawg
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I like the studio 20s. I auditioned them about a year ago. Good luck.
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I like the studio 20s. I auditioned them about a year ago. Good luck.

Hehehe...not getting them, hoping to get some older Studio 40's and the matching center.
  • silvertuner
    edited March 2011
    Options
    good luck with that one dan lol. ever get pictures of those? dont forget u can get a pair with stands on CL for a low low price of just $700!!! lol!

psw125
    denon 1610
  • indyhawg
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Those have been on CL forever too. I seriously doubt if that guy is coming off that price.
  • silvertuner
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Those have been on CL forever too. I seriously doubt if that guy is coming off that price.

i offered him $200 without stands, thats about the going rate on them, they are v.2's, they are OLD, plain n simple. then when i tried to tell him you can get studio 80 v.2's at that price, he said "nice try, paradigm never made a studio 80"... i corrected his opinion on that statement and let him know the facts. he wont budge from 700, and so he will always have them in his collection until some unsuspecting person comes along and purchases them

psw125
    denon 1610
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    edited March 2011
    Options
    OK Guys, the day is coming quick. I am working on a suprise or two, but cannot share details yet. I need to firm up the numbers for people coming and pass that along to the powers that be.(wife):tongue:

If you are coming, please PM me over the next week or so.

John
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If you are coming, please PM me over the next week or so.

You have a PM :biggrin:
  • silvertuner
    edited March 2011
    Options
    count me out now, too much going on and not enough time to get it done. sorry guys, im sure i woulda stank up the place anyways

psw125
    denon 1610
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I will be there in Indy March 25-28 so when was this going down?
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2011
    Options
    first sunday in april...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • indyhawg
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Anyone have a record cleaning machine they could demonstrate for me such as a VPI or a Nitty Gritty? I would like to see one in action and maybe a before and after cleaning with vinyl to help me in my decision before I drop some bucks on one.
  • dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Wow.... I haven't been on here in forever! You guys are actually meeting! I will have to double check my calendar and with the wife, but I am pretty sure I could be there. I could bring my fully modded Parasound HCA-3500 & ADCOM GFP-750. I think the SRS 2's are going to stay at home. :) I also have a Parasound HCA-2200II and HCA-1500 if anyone wants to get their ears on them.

I also have a pair of modded SDA-1C and a basically brand new pair of monitor 70's I am looking to sell if anyone is interested.

Good to see this is finally happening!

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What kind of interconnects do you guys have? I would love to listen to some different types to figure out if I can actually hear a difference between them.

Looking at SignalCable Analog Two's, maybe some of the cheaper MIT stuff. Same with maybe some speaker cables...
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited March 2011
    Options
    PM sent to Don on the SDA 1C's
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Equipment adds for my rig in time for the meet include a shiny new set of Magnepan MMG's and a pair of Carver Silver Seven t's as new and minty fresh as they come. I will also have a few pieces that will be available for swap or sale.

• dcmartinpc
    dcmartinpc Posts: 844
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Equipment adds for my rig in time for the meet include a shiny new set of Magnepan MMG's and a pair of Carver Silver Seven t's as new and minty fresh as they come. I will also have a few pieces that will be available for swap or sale.

Do you still have that Carver Tube CD Player? Might be interested. I recently got a Squeezebox Touch media player, but I still like to grab the CD's from time to time.

Also, does anyone that is coming have a DAC to demo or trade/sell? I am looking for a DAC for the Squeezebox.

Don
    Living Room: Adcom GFP-750 (Upgraded), Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP-83, Pioneer DV-79AVi, Parasound HCA-3500 (Upgraded), SDA SRS 2 P/B (Gimpod, Sonicaps, & Mills)

Theater: Denon 4311ci, Oppo BDP-93, Parasound HCA-2205+HCA-2200II, Polk LSi9, LSiC, LSiFX, LSi7, Custom 18" TC Sounds sub with 2 18" PR, Sharp XV-Z12000, Pioneer Kuro KRP-500M (isf Enabled)

Bedroom: HK AVR354, Pioneer DV-47a, Parasound HCA-1500a, Polk LSi9
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options

Those Carver Silver's look to be quite decent amps lol :eek:.

I havent heard Magnepan MMG's either so this should be fun.....

If you could list your sale/trade items....or just PM me with em so I see if there is anything I should start saving for :wink: I would appreciate it.
    dcmartinpc wrote: »
    Also, does anyone that is coming have a DAC to demo or trade/sell?

I myself would love to do some DAC demo'ing though I doubt anyone will have a HRT Media Streamer (not really on my list to purchase but still), Audnst HUD-MX1 or Yulong U100 lol.....
  • silvertuner
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i may send a set of cables with Dan to see how you guys like them. not saying what they are, but they are a 2ft interconnects.

psw125
    denon 1610
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2011
    Options
    dcmartinpc wrote: »
    Do you still have that Carver Tube CD Player? Might be interested. I recently got a Squeezebox Touch media player, but I still like to grab the CD's from time to time.

Also, does anyone that is coming have a DAC to demo or trade/sell? I am looking for a DAC for the Squeezebox.

Don

I do still have it, along with a very nice pioneer laserdisc, a Denon Cassette, and a Yamaha dvd/sacd.... My polk LSi's will also be available.

• EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I do still have it, along with a very nice pioneer laserdisc, a Denon Cassette, and a Yamaha dvd/sacd.... My polk LSi's will also be available.

Which LSi's?
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Which LSi's?

LSi-15's:tongue:

• EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    LSi-15's:tongue:

Lol.... the big boys huh.....
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    We are right about two weeks out..so its time to get some things finalized (if they havent been already lol)

Food: What are we doing for lunch? Are we ordering pizza, going to a local restaurant, fast food?

Drinks: I am happy to bring some 2 liters of like Coke, Diet Mountain Dew, Sprite or whatever else as well as cups but need to know which soda's to buy. I figure adult beverages will be a BYOB kinda deal, or someone else can bring those if they want..

@ Nooshin: Do we have a finalized list of what people are coming and possibly what gear they are bringing? I know you have some deliveries coming speaker wise yourself.

Personally I am interested in hearing some interconnects to see if I can tell the differences between them. Thinking MIT, SignalCable Analog 2 and/or Audioquest stuff.

Matt (SilverTuner) might give me a set of interconnects to bring up to test, still working out details on that.

@newrival: Were you still planning to bring your A5's and/or the Swans you recently aquired? If so what DAC are you running them off of? I am interested in hearing/seeing an Audnst HUD-MX1, Yulong U100, or a HRT Media Streamer. Chances are your not using one of those lol, but if so if you could bring it that would ROCK!

@IndyHawg: I figured I would see if you were interested in carpooling perhaps
  • indyhawg
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Carpooling sounds like a great plan.
  • EndersShadow
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would say plan be at my apartment around ~8:45. Once I get the address I will PM you if that changes. I will also PM you my addy again if you need it :smile:
  • nooshinjohn
    edited March 2011
    Options
    @ Nooshin: Do we have a finalized list of what people are coming and possibly what gear they are bringing? I know you have some deliveries coming speaker wise yourself.

I do not have a list yet... anyone interested or thinking about coming, shoot me a PM please with the gear you are planning to bring, and I will send my address out via PM... My Maggies should be here sometime today, and some Carver Monoblocks will be here by the middle of next week.:tongue:

I too would like to get my ears on some cables, as my cable selection at this time is the weakest link in my system.