Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited October 2010
    kawizx9r wrote: »
    I have 1 GT :p

atleast you know what im talking about
    mole'
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited October 2010
    mole' wrote: »
    atleast you know what im talking about

Hey, I need hobbies that expand outside of audio too!
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• mole'
    edited October 2010
    Hey, I need hobbies that expand outside of audio too!

and i needed one outside of the SRT world.
    mole'
  • mole'
    edited October 2010
    so what is the plan?

like a BBQ or food, demo different audio devices and such. this will be my first Audio meet.
    mole'
  • kawizx9r
    edited October 2010
    so what is the plan?

like a BBQ or food, demo different audio devices and such. this will be my first Audio meet.

I heard something about pictures :eek::p
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• mole'
    edited October 2010
    i heard something about pictures :eek::p

rotflmao!!!!
    mole'
  • mole'
    edited October 2010
    forgot to ask dpowell what part of SD he lives in.
    mole'
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    edited October 2010
    I'm in North Escondido. I plan to block out the entire day starting around 10am'ish (gives the LA'ers time to drive down) and go until it's time to put the kids in bed (usually 8:30pm'ish) or until people need to leave (whichever comes first).

I have two rooms that will serve quite nicely for equipment shootouts. The 2-channel room (also serves as the master bedroom in a secondary roll :D ) is 500 sq ft and the SDA's are on a 25' wall. Plenty of room for other speakers, amps, CDP's or whatever others want to bring to do comparisons. Maybe dorokusai would want to lend us a pair of the new LSi's? :D

The HT room serves as the concert DVD, multi-channel SACD and (of course) the SRT experience room. :D Got to get it set up...so much to do. The amps are racked so it would be easy to try other amps if someone wants to bring one along.

Beyond a BBQ for lunch, there is really no schedule of events other than just whatever everyone wants to do in terms of critical listening and trying out other gear. Last time, we started with a listening session on my modded SDA 1C's. Nobody that attended last time had heard SDA's. My Anthem pre and power tube amps served as the baseline and as desired, we swapped IC's, CDPs, etc. It's a lot of fun but dangerous to the wallet at the same time. :eek:

Anyone who is interested in bringing gear, go ahead and start posting what you want to bring and I'll get a master list going. The same thing goes for food and drinks. I think I speak correctly for Erik that Norm is more than welcome to bring those salads again. They were delicious!
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • dpowell
    edited October 2010
    i have 2 SRT's

:D

If you park them 3 feet away from the side walls and don't toe them in, you'll get the full effect. :p
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • Norm Apter
    Norm Apter Posts: 1,036
    edited October 2010
    Hi Doug and everybody....

This will surely be a lot of fun...again!

This time I was thinking about bringing the modded Lsi9s if there is interest. Those suckers are heavy! for bookshelf speakers, but if anyone would like to hear them who hasn't heard the modded version (Ben's work), then I'll bring them.

I also of course have the full array of the MIT S-3 line available (3 sets of ICs and one set of bi-wire speaker cables), but again I know that other attendees have some of these so I'll just bring according to what we need. BTW, are any of your set ups now configured so that we can try the speaker cables?

As for bringing salads, Doug, count me in. (BTW I asked my wife and she said that it was homemade dressing). Last time I felt bad about bringing the potato salad though because you had already prepared those large baked potatoes. I can easily substitute a pasta or chicken salad instead of the potato salad if we'll be having baked potatoes this time. But I'll definately bring the green salad with that dressing as well. As we move closer to the date, hopefully we can get a head count to determine how many people I should plan to accomodate (i.e. how much to bring).
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects
  • mole'
    edited October 2010
    dpowell wrote: »
    If you park them 3 feet away from the side walls and don't toe them in, you'll get the full effect. :p

my SRT's are made by Dodge tho. lol

SRT-4

anything you or anyone else wants me to bring from my sig?
    mole'
  • mole'
    edited October 2010
    Norm Apter wrote: »

This will surely be a lot of fun...again!

This time I was thinking about bringing the modded Lsi9s if there is interest. Those suckers are heavy! for bookshelf speakers, but if anyone would like to hear them who hasn't heard the modded version (Ben's work), then I'll bring them.

I also of course have the full array of the MIT S-3 line available (3 sets of ICs and one set of bi-wire speaker cables), but again I know that other attendees have some of these so I'll just bring according to what we need. BTW, are any of your set ups now configured so that we can try the speaker cables?

As for bringing salads, Doug, count me in. (BTW I asked my wife and she said that it was homemade dressing). Last time I felt bad about bringing the potato salad though because you had already prepared those large baked potatoes. I can easily substitute a pasta or chicken salad instead of the potato salad if we'll be having baked potatoes this time. But I'll definately bring the green salad with that dressing as well. As we move closer to the date, hopefully we can get a head count to determine how many people I should plan to accomodate (i.e. how much to bring).

oh man, i wanna hear them LSi9's

im thinking bout selling my RTi10's and getting a set of LSi15s for the bedroom
    mole'
  • kawizx9r
    edited October 2010

Would love to hear the pair!

Used to own some LSi7's and the sound is pretty fresh in my head. I've heard 9's but wasn't too fond of the mid-bass hump so I'd be interested in hearing your modded-pair.

If you can bring them that'd help since my pair is buried in boxes (haven't unpacked yet :eek:) I've got a few other things I need to take on over to Mole's place the day prior anyway.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• dpowell
    edited October 2010

SRT-4

Yes, hence the term 'park' carefully chosen. :D
  • Norm Apter
    edited October 2010
    OK, to simplify things and to make the job of compiling the equipment list easier please put me down for the following items:

Lsi9s
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 ICs (3 pair)
    Iego Power cords (3 pair)

I'll plan on bringing these things UNLESS someone else notes that they would like to bring any of the above.
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
  • mole'
    edited October 2010
    Would love to hear the pair!

Used to own some LSi7's and the sound is pretty fresh in my head. I've heard 9's but wasn't too fond of the mid-bass hump so I'd be interested in hearing your modded-pair.

If you can bring them that'd help since my pair is buried in boxes (haven't unpacked yet :eek:) I've got a few other things I need to take on over to Mole's place the day prior anyway.

you gonna take back a set of OG Monitor 10s with ya?

i have 2 sets im not using anymore just sitting

dpowell
    LMK the final count of how many will be there. ill see about getting some steaks. (maybe Ribeye) i have a buddy that works at a meat shop still in SD
    mole'
  • dpowell
    edited October 2010

BTW, are any of your set ups now configured so that we can try the speaker cables?

Norm, looks like you've signed up to bring the LSi's!

Right now the 2 channel rig is configured the same as last time but there is a huge window seat in the middle of the speakers (about 12' long) that would be perfect for temporarily setting up amps, etc. I am not opposed to this as I would like very much to hear the speaker cables too.

I'll do the big baked potatoes again but not need to feel bad about the potato salad. I think we'll have lots of hungry stomachs this time. :D
  • dpowell
    edited October 2010

dpowell
    LMK the final count of how many will be there. ill see about getting some steaks. (maybe Ribeye) i have a buddy that works at a meat shop still in SD

Cool! We had steaks last time and that's always a nice step up from burgers. :cool: I will get you a final count closer to the date but figure on what is on the list I posted a few days back for now.
  • dpowell
    edited October 2010
    OK, to simplify things and to make the job of compiling the equipment list easier please put me down for the following items:

Lsi9s
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 ICs (3 pair)
    Iego Power cords (3 pair)

I'll plan on bringing these things UNLESS someone else notes that they would like to bring any of the above.

Nice. I now have 3 signal cable digital reference power cords in the 2-channel rig so we can do a 1-1 comparison of the Iegos and signal cables.
  • kawizx9r
    edited October 2010

dpowell

Hell yea ;)

Bringing over that box o' hot wheels and that OEM radio you wanted since it's just not being used.

Maybe bring my Pioneer player too, compare it to whatever other players are being brought along. I'd like to build up my 2-channel again one of these days...
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• dpowell
    edited October 2010
    New on my list (from last time) is the Marantz SACD player and I will try to get the Ei power tubes installed in the amp (vs. the stock tubes in there now).

Norm, were you going to bring your player again so we could try the tubed output this time?
  • Norm Apter
    edited October 2010
    New on my list (from last time) is the Marantz SACD player and I will try to get the Ei power tubes installed in the amp (vs. the stock tubes in there now).

Norm, were you going to bring your player again so we could try the tubed output this time?

Which Marantz did you pick up? The SA8004? I'm looking forward to hearing it as I have a low-end Marantz CD player in my secondary 2-channel rig (Marantz CD-5001) which I think was a great value for the price ($300 new).

I could bring the Bada, however, I should let you know that we in fact did listen to the tubed output last time. The one thing we didn't listen to are HDCDs (I have built up a fairly decent collection of HDCDs) as this player decodes HDCDs, but my guess is that the leap from redbook to SACD is generally greater than from redbook to HDCDs. I was going to wait and see what others may bring in terms of CD players but I certainly could tote it along.
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
  • dpowell
    edited October 2010
    It's the SA-15S2. Got it from Face just a month and a half ago or so. Music playback is liquid smooth. :D

No worries if you don't want to bring the Bada. Looks like so far we have 2 players on the list.
  • Norm Apter
    edited October 2010

SRT-4

mole': among others, would you mind bringing along your set of AQ King Cobra ICs?

I've got Signal Cable Analog IIs in my home theater and secondary 2-channel rig and could bring along a pair. I used to own a pair AQ Diamondbacks but I sold them after determining that in my system, at least, I liked the SC Analog IIs slightly more. Of course the King Cobras are supposed to be a step up from the Diamondbacks so I thought we could try to do some comparisons.
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
  • kawizx9r
    edited October 2010
    Throwing this out there, was anyone interested in listening to Ben's silver speaker wire?

It's the pair I got from the karma just months ago.
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

• dpowell
    edited October 2010
    Throwing this out there, was anyone interested in listening to Ben's silver speaker wire?

It's the pair I got from the karma just months ago.

Freddy, might as well bring them along if you want. We'll have Norms MIT Shotguns, my MIT Terminator 2's and those. Could be an interesting comparisson.
  • mole'
    edited October 2010
    mole': among others, would you mind bringing along your set of AQ King Cobra ICs?

I've got Signal Cable Analog IIs in my home theater and secondary 2-channel rig and could bring along a pair. I used to own a pair AQ Diamondbacks but I sold them after determining that in my system, at least, I liked the SC Analog IIs slightly more. Of course the King Cobras are supposed to be a step up from the Diamondbacks so I thought we could try to do some comparisons.

ok, ill bring them.

anything else?
    mole'
  • mole'
    edited October 2010
    Freddy, might as well bring them along if you want. We'll have Norms MIT Shotguns, my MIT Terminator 2's and those. Could be an interesting comparisson.

i have MIT's but their are the cheap ones. MIT AVt3 & EXp1
    mole'
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited October 2010

I've got AQ Columbias and King Cobras (assuming no one takes me up on my killer package offer in the Flea Market), and MIT Shotguns ICs.

I also have a new SACD player - Marantz SA-KI Pearl that I could bring.

Last time we met at Doug's house - we had a relatively small selection of components to try out. If we have more folks showing up - maybe we should be a bit judicious in what we want to try out? Otherwise, it'll be a sleep over at Doug's with all the gear to try out! :D

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.