Fall 2010 San Diego Polkie Gathering

Options
dpowell
dpowell Posts: 3,054
edited March 2011 in Gatherings & Special Events
I wanted to get a new thread going for our next San Diego Polkie Gathering so that we can all start getting a date on the calendar well ahead of time.

I'd like to shoot for sometime between mid-October and the week before Thanksgiving which should give me some time to get settled in the new place. More than likely, it will be late October or early November before I'm ready to go.

Start throwing some possible dates at me. I imagine that Saturdays work best for everyone.....they do for me.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
Post edited by dpowell on

Comments

• mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited July 2010
    Options
    IM THERE!

as of now, date does not matter to me
    mole'
  • Steelo
    Steelo Posts: 69
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you guys don't mind a newbie tagging along, I'm interested in a meet as well.
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    edited July 2010
    Options
    October 23rd is my vote.

If you can re-arrange your 2-channel setup, then I can bring some Shotgun S2 speaker cables and the stuff I brought last time.

Thanks to Norm, I picked up a set of Shotgun S3 ICs....burning in right now. :p

If I'm really industrious, I suppose I could dismantle my setup and bring my Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated Amp.

And of course, any new CD/SACDs I've picked up until then.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • Norm Apter
    Norm Apter Posts: 1,036
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I'm interested and flexible. I can't think of one weekend that is better or worse than another, so I'll just stay tuned to this thread.
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects
  • mole'
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i wounder if any audio/video place would like to bring some stuff to show off. i know the Polk Refurb shop is in Vista, MonoPrice is in Rancho Cucamonga.

just an idea
    mole'
  • dpowell
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Erik Tracy wrote: »
    If you can re-arrange your 2-channel setup, then I can bring some Shotgun S2 speaker cables and the stuff I brought last time.

I am going to try and accomplish a better setup for the 1C's in relationship to the rack although I'm a bit limited. The 1C's demand a long wall. They are supposed to be at least 3 ' from side walls and 6' apart for best SDA results. I would like to hear some different amps and will try to make that happen somehow. At least the two places I'm thinking of have power on the wall vs. my current setup which happens to be against a garage door.
    Thanks to Norm, I picked up a set of Shotgun S3 ICs....burning in right now. :p

Lucky! I've got to save my cash for the move but I did pick up a "necessary piece of equipment" - a quad of TC265i in walls http://www.polkaudio.com/customaudio/tci/index.php?s=tc265i for a great price to use for the side and rear surround channels (in lieu of the FX1000's)
    If I'm really industrious, I suppose I could dismantle my setup and bring my Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated Amp.

Is that a SS or tube amp? It's always great to hear what another amp will do for speakers so bring it if you can/want!

I'll put October 23 down as a potential date. Any dates in November work for you?

doug

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • mole'
    edited August 2010
    Options
    NVM

found it

BUMP for the SD meet
    mole'
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sounds like it might be doable depending on a date. sub'd
    edoggrc51 Posts: 584
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im down. :)
    Denon 4311ci
    MINIdsp OPEN-DRC
    XPR-5
    LS6 Line Arrays
    LS-C Center Channel
    A/V-1RS Surounds
    Quad DIY LMS Ultra subs (powered by dual IPR-7500 amps)
    Panny AE-8000u
    2:35 110in Screen
    Oppo BDP-103
    Belkin PF60
    Harmony ONE

2ch: Emotiva Stealth 8's, Airport Express
  • mole'
    edited August 2010
    Options
    edoggrc51 wrote: »
    im down. :)

:d:d
    mole'
  • dpowell
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Great! Glad to see we've got a lot of interest. It will definitely be November before I'm ready to host a meet.

Here are possible dates all on Saturday:
    November 6, 13, or 20

Please PM me your availability for each of the dates (not just the one you want) unless you are only available for 1 of the dates. I will pick the date that most people can attend.

• mole'
    edited August 2010
    Options
    if you cant, i could do it at my place. i could have the garage all setup for some fun. would also give me a reason to buy some NICER gear.
    mole'
  • Steelo
    Steelo Posts: 69
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Has a date been finalized yet?
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Don't see why I shouldn't be able to go this time ;)
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • dpowell
    edited September 2010
    Options
    OK, it is time to set a date! I need everyone who is interested to throw their preferred date at me. Choices:

November 6
    November 13
    November 20

Freddy, glad to see you can make it this time. :D

• dpowell
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have PM'd all 12 people who have expressed interest on this thread or in previous related threads. If you didn't receive a PM (and think you should have) or are just finding this thread and want to be added to the list, please let me know quickly.

• mole'
    edited September 2010
    Options
    kawizx9r wrote: »
    don't see why i shouldn't be able to go this time ;)

nice!!!!
    mole'
  • mole'
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dpowell wrote: »
    OK, it is time to set a date! I need everyone who is interested to throw their preferred date at me. Choices:

November 6
    November 13
    November 20

Freddy, glad to see you can make it this time. :D

im open to all 3 of them dates. let me know what i can do to help out. i know you guys have way better gear than i do, but if you want me to bring any of my stuff i will.
    I have PM'd all 12 people who have expressed interest on this thread or in previous related threads. If you didn't receive a PM (and think you should have) or are just finding this thread and want to be added to the list, please let me know quickly.

:D
    mole'
  • mole'
    edited September 2010
    Options
  • dpowell
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I have responses from 9 people! I'm setting the date for Saturday November 13. I'll be in touch regarding food and gear lists in the near future.

• dpowell
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Here is the list of attendees (and not) I have thus far. If your status changes or if you're not listed and want to be, please let me know.

YES:
    Mole'
    kawizx9r
    norm apter
    Steelo
    Erik Tracy
    Left Coast
    Civilian
    edoggrc51
    dacoupedeville

NOT YET RESPONDED
    blueboxer
    Huck344

CAN'T MAKE IT THIS TIME
    Ron-P
    iskandam

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dang.. sounds like fun.. and I love SD. but Nov is out for me. any month with any holiday is out for me. sucks but that's life.

enjoy the good times. and pics or it didn't happen. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • kawizx9r
    kawizx9r Posts: 5,150
    edited September 2010
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    enjoy the good times. and pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Speaking of pics :eek: :eek: :eek: lol jk
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104

heiney9 wrote: »
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.
  • dpowell
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dang.. sounds like fun.. and I love SD. but Nov is out for me. any month with any holiday is out for me.QUOTE]

I'll definitely keep that in mind for the next meet. Had another member with the same issue.....so what months are out in the spring timeframe?

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2010
    Options
    dang.. sounds like fun.. and I love SD. but Nov is out for me. any month with any holiday is out for me.QUOTE]

I'll definitely keep that in mind for the next meet. Had another member with the same issue.....so what months are out in the spring timeframe?

Feb is def out, so is May, Nov, July some times too.

April 2011 is good though ;):D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dpowell
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I kind of wondered about that. :D So it looks like I will have to host another meet in April....like I needed an excuse. You'd be up for coming all the way from Wa?

• mole'
    edited September 2010
    Options
    kawizx9r wrote: »
    Speaking of pics :eek: :eek: :eek: lol jk

im gonna get some pics of you while your down for sure. let it be at the meet or my place. it WILL happen.
    :rolleyes:
    mole'
  • LeftCoast
    LeftCoast Posts: 406
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yes, Nov 13 works. I have gotten back the previous weekend from my road trip to Texas to go get SRT's :)
  • dpowell
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You will have two great weekends in a row then!:D Can't imagine having bought some SRT's and having to wait 2 months to get them....:eek:

• mole'
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LeftCoast wrote: »
    Yes, Nov 13 works. I have gotten back the previous weekend from my road trip to Texas to go get SRT's :)
    You will have two great weekends in a row then!:D Can't imagine having bought some SRT's and having to wait 2 months to get them....:eek:

i have 2 SRT's

:D
    mole'