attacked by a cat

Options

Comments

• kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,967
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yeah, what if the cat had raddies?
    On a side note, I have heard they taste like chicken...
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I heard they taste like fish. 100.gif
  • Mike Kozak
    Mike Kozak Posts: 930
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sorry I ever posted this
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Mike Kozak wrote: »
    sorry I ever posted this
    I don't see why, you vented and feel better (many do about various subjects) and do mean any harm. It generated a good discussion, cat lovers defended the poor animal (which is normal). The discussion never degenerated into wild name calling etc. quite the opposite, a few jokes and the thread is now up to 2 pages. History has been added to the discussion (which is more then welcomed in my opinion). By the way, cats were sacred animals in Egypt :cool:
    Forming a bond with a cat is more difficult than other pets. But once it's there, it's very special.
    You right definitely right about that one, compared to dogs, cats are very independants and to be honest, you rarely hear about cats attacking humans unlike the intensive dog story attacks. Personnaly, I prefer dogs (they seem to need us and be a lot more closer to us). However, some of my friends are cats lovers and in fact they don't own only one but many. When I go visit them, I love to pet their animal but do so according to the cat will. I never force anything. If the cat tend to stay away from me, I'll never go against their will however, on the other hand if the cat stick around me and burrs, I know he wants my attention and petting, so I do.

As previously mentioned, cats are originally wild animal so I still think and picture hunting them for food ;) Afterall, we hunt other wild animals without anyone going crazy (except for a few like Brigitte Bardot) Why then should one be shocked if we hunt and heat cats :D
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited June 2010
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    So, you're going to kill a cat that you didn't know because you got a scratch from it? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

+1000

You're going to kill a cat that you're not familiar with, because it scratched you? That's why you don't walk up to unfamiliar animals and try to pet them.:rolleyes:

Good to hear you've decided to let the cat continue to live it's life.

And for the record, I happen to be a cat lover.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited June 2010
    Options
    so long as you eat it, then no harm, no foul. lol.

shut up, i'm kidding. or am i...

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • yepimonfire
    yepimonfire Posts: 256
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I saw this cat walking down the sidewalk about 20 minutes afo and went over to pet it. It was purring and rolling on its back and all of a sudden it sent crazy and tried to bite me. I got my hand out of the way but I did not see its other paw coming for me right forearm. Now I have a big swollen scratch on my arm. If I ever see this cat again I am getting out my Bow and it is gonna get it good. Nice big broadhead through its body. Sorry to the cat lovers out there, but it is gonna happen.

what a lousy waste of a broadhead, you'll have to clean it and dispose of the cat, takes too much time, fire is a much better option.l
  • comfortablycurt
    edited June 2010
    Options
    what a lousy waste of a broadhead, you'll have to clean it and dispose of the cat, takes too much time, fire is a much better option.l

Wow. That is absolutely sick, and makes me lose basically any respect that I might have had for you.

You get your kicks from lighting defenseless animals on fire? You should be set on fire. I'm sure you'd enjoy it thoroughly.:rolleyes:
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • yepimonfire
    edited June 2010
    Options
    no why would i waste my fire starting materials on animals? and i have a cat and love my cat, i'm just trolling. and as far as enjoying being lit on fire, see username above ^
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited June 2010
    Options
    yep, he's on fire.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • TECHNOKID
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Wow. That is absolutely sick, and makes me lose basically any respect that I might have had for you.

You get your kicks from lighting defenseless animals on fire? You should be set on fire. I'm sure you'd enjoy it thoroughly.:rolleyes:
    I'm sure (or at least I hope) he is only kidding :eek:
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • yepimonfire
    edited June 2010
    Options
    hell im on fire as we speak, dabit thb krborf id molting, gahf, myst grt a new onr.
  • comfortablycurt
    edited June 2010
    Options
    no why would i waste my fire starting materials on animals? and i have a cat and love my cat, i'm just trolling. and as far as enjoying being lit on fire, see username above ^

Whether you're serious or not...even making that comment is disgusting...and I'm at a loss as to why anyone would even post it.

I don't know why anyone would even post a thread here about this. A cat scratched you, so you're going to shoot it with a crossbow? Yeah, that's definitely something to talk about with your Club Polk buddies.:rolleyes:
    The nirvana inducer-
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
  • yepimonfire
    edited June 2010
    Options
    venting. i joke about setting my boss on fire to his face, he thinks its hilarious, until i actually do set him on fire, then hes not so amused.... it's two o clock in the morning, past 1am, its against the rules to take me seriously.
  • yepimonfire
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • TECHNOKID
    edited June 2010
    Options
    venting. i joke about setting my boss on fire to his face, he thinks its hilarious, until i actually do set him on fire, then hes not so amused.... it's two o clock in the morning, past 1am, its against the rules to take me seriously.
    Make to add the smilies :D;)
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,365
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hey Mike,

Are we going to drink or what bro?
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • TECHNOKID
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ROTFLMAO :D This thread is getting more and more interesting :D
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • HB27
    HB27 Posts: 1,518
    edited June 2010
    Options
    CAT DIARY

Day 983 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre
    little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the
    other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their
    feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. ****!
    There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow - - but at the top of the stairs.
    I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe................ for now..........
  • HB27
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Ok, after all the negative posts I have decided to leave the cat alone, I was just suprised at it's behavior change that is all. I am not not a bad person, just got caught off guard is all.

OK Mike,
    You've just been "**** Whipped".

Daddy always told me "You ain't gonna whup nuttin what lays down to fight"
  • jerryj12
    jerryj12 Posts: 451
    edited June 2010
    Options
    HB27 wrote: »
    OK Mike,
    You've just been "**** Whipped".

Daddy always told me "You ain't gonna whup nuttin what lays down to fight"

HARRY !!!!. You sir are the man. When I grow up I want to be just like you.:D
  • HB27
    edited June 2010
    Options
    jerryj12 wrote: »
    HARRY !!!!. You sir are the man. When I grow up I want to be just like you.:D

Simple philosophy my friend...."Just don't grow up" then.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I live up the road from Mike. It was my kitteh that assualted him! He's a trained killer, Mike! You, sir, have been targeted.

And Harry .... I'll never ever grow up.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,911
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Couldn't be your cat Russ, it didn't pee on him first.:p
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited June 2010
    Options
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited June 2010
    Options
    TECHNOKID wrote: »
    ROTFLMAO :D This thread is getting more and more interesting :D

This is good stuff, crazy Polkies blowing off steam, and why I waste big chunks of my life laughing my **** off when I'm not tinkering with my hi-fi rigs. I just think Mike's lucky he got to have an intimate encounter with some random **** (cat) :D
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels
  • TECHNOKID
    edited June 2010
    Options
    CAT DIARY

other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. ****!
    There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow - - but at the top of the stairs.
    I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe................ for now..........
    You are a very fertile spirit :)
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I live up the road from Mike. It was my kitteh that assualted him! He's a trained killer, Mike! You, sir, have been targeted.

And Harry .... I'll never ever grow up.
    Goodness, Lightman has trained his cat to hide in bushes and to perform vicious attacks on defenseless victims :eek: I really feel for you Mike :(:p
    DARE TO SOAR:
  • yepimonfire
    edited June 2010
    Options
    CAT DIARY

hahahahaha this is fantastic!:D:D:D:D:D
  • Mike Kozak
    Mike Kozak Posts: 930
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Who would have thought a simple cat attack would have generated this much discussion......WAIT!! I think I see him in a tree outside my place......yes, he is looking at me.........I am going to hide in the oven.