May I have the forums attention PLEASE?

Options

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2003
    Options
    All this nice stuff is already losing its luster. We need a good Pissing contest already!

You all know its fun!

Bombed
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • rs159
    rs159 Posts: 1,027
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Micah
    Nope, Hall of Shame is just for us Super Important Forum Administrators to make fun of you all Forum posters who go astray!

Hee hee!

Micah

Hagel Micah!
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Why the HELL is it that engineers/technicians always report to the S&M group? I have NO ESCAPE from the nonsense!

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2003
    Options
    Sign me up!
    Make it Funky! :)
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    I'm in.

Back on track, lets do this. This place USED to be something to be proud of, lets make it happen, all petty **** aside.

Cheers,
    Rooster

Lets do it! :)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,050
    edited February 2007
    Options
    You are bout 4 years to late!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2007
    Options
    why did you bring up this thread??? Just wondering as it is 4 years old...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2007
    Options
    exalted512 wrote:
    -Cody
    relevance
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited February 2007
    Options
    exalted512 wrote:
    -Cody

I'm curious too. I still consider myself a newbie in many aspects. I do have one comment that if comments are made in some of the threads that are just someones opinion as harsh as they may come across but not a personal attack on someone that it's best to let those comments roll off our shoulders and not let it ruin our day or make us not want to come here anymore.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited February 2007
    Options
    maybe I'm not here enough to see but what's the problem here???
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Damn check out this old stuff. I assume something going on around here to bring this up???????
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2007
    Options
    mantis wrote:

I am just as guilty as all you newer guys who are tearing up the forum.

I'm curious myself as I still consider myself as a n00b on the forum. If I am contributing to the above mentioned statement please let me know, there won't be any hard feelings if you are the one to say it. I'd like to stick around a while and eventually meet the majority of you at PF 07' this year.....

:confused::confused:
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,877
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I don't see what the big deal is, I'm not sure what you guys are talking about?
    I see lots of new peeps join ask a question or two and take off. I have not seen lots of disrespect.. I have noticed lots of old schoolers not here anymore...Like LandryP2000, Gatemplin...just to name a few. I am not going to let a couple bad apples ruin it for me, I enjoy this forum, along with the people on it. If it was not for this forum I wouldn't know anything about audio..I'd have lots of cash...but hey ;) it's money well spent. Maybe some people just need to take a break or vacation away from this place. But FWIW I will continue doing what it is I have been since the day I joined adn that is listen, share and enjoy what has brought us all togteher.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2007
    Options
    PolkThug wrote:
    Lets do it! :)

Hell yeah!

Top Gun high five!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited February 2007
    Options
    You know... you can be my wing man any time.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited February 2007
    Options
    lol. It's sooooo eighties...not that anything wrong with that.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Does that mean we all have to take our shirts off and do a 'volleyball action sequence set to popular music montage'??

(Team America music...)
    And anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
    You want a montage (montage)
    even rocky had a montage (montage)

(Montage…montage)

Anything that we want to know, from just a beginner to a pro,
    You need a montage (montage)
    Oh it takes a montage (montage)
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Always fade out in a montage
    If you fade out it seems like more time has passed in a montage...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Since we seem to be on the subject of "montages", I present to the committee arguably the worst and/or best montage of all time....

"Scarface (Push it to the Limit)"
    Push it to the limit
    Walk along the razor's edge
    but don't look down, just keep your head
    and you'll be finished

Open up the limit
    past the point of no return
    You've reached the top but still you gotta learn
    how to keep it

Hit the wheel and double the stakes
    throttle wide open like a bat out of hell
    and you crash the gates
    (crash the gates)

Going for the back of beyond
    Nothing gonna stop you
    there's nothing that strong
    So close now you're nearly at the brink
    so, push it

(Ooo yeah)

Welcome to the limit
    (The limit)
    Take it maybe one step more
    The power game's still playing so
    you better win it

Push it to the limit
    (The limit)
    With no one left to stand in your way
    you might get careless, but you'll never be safe
    while you still feel it

Welcome to the limit
    (The limit)
    Standing on the razor's edge
    don't look down just keep your head
    and you'll be finished

Welcome to the limit
    (The limit)
    (The limit)
    (The limit)
    (The limit)

Push it to the limit
    (The limit)
    (The limit)
    (The limit)
    (The limit)

(The limit)
    (The limit)
    (The limit)
    (The limit)

Push it to the limit
    (The limit)
    (The limit)
    (The limit)
    (The limit)
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Did I miss something?!?
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2007
    Options
    As long as we're on this subject I was wondering who moderates this forum? I have seen some pretty rude posts on here at times, and it seems they go unpunished....
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2007
    Options
    MrNightly wrote:
    Did I miss something?!?

Dunno,,, but I obviously did :confused::):D
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • glemay
    glemay Posts: 574
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I'm in.

I've been a member of this forum for quite some time as well. The reason I joined is to learn more about this hobby and listen to what others, ie those more experienced could tell me and advise me. That is still the reason I am a member of this forum, and I do agree, it has changed some. Lets bring it back to the way it was.

Strange how often we like to bring things back to the "old days", lol, or at least think them.

glemay
    Main System:
    Denon AVR-2805, Polk Audio RTi70's, Polk Audio CSi40, Polk Audio FXi50, Paradigm PW-2200 v.2, Toshiba 42XV545U HDTV

Second System:
    Denon AVR-1705, Polk Audio R40, Polk Audio CS245i, Polk Audio R15, Paradigm PS-1200a
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Well i quit, then came back and it hasn't got much better but i like all the seniors around here. Really good guys. It is like the Prince thread, it was brought up because of the great performance it was. Not for a untalented **** thread. Thats why he's booked at the Rio for two years. Not to mention he got more hotter tail than of us on this forum. Sore loser children posting on that one. OOOOpppssss!!!;)

I was very impressed with this place when i started. I'm always game...... to get on track.:)
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Sartori wrote:
    As long as we're on this subject I was wondering who moderates this forum? I have seen some pretty rude posts on here at times, and it seems they go unpunished....

shut up !

(sticks out tongue)

J/K

what ever it was, I missed it
    or just got used to seeing/hearing it, and didn`t pay attention

I have the system(s) I have because of this forum and it`s members....a few of which I am proud to call freind

My wife hates it though
    she would probably have her new kitchen if I just logged out, and quit upgrading....yah, like that`s gonna happen !!!!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited February 2007
    Options
    I think I am the longest member here with the fewest posts. I started posting on this site in 1998. My profile says 2001 because that is when they redesigned the site.

Can I get an award or something. Please no one tell tell me I am #1.
    Venom
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited February 2007
    Options
    venomclan wrote:
    I think I am the longest member here with the fewest posts. I started posting on this site in 1998. My profile says 2001 because that is when they redesigned the site.

Can I get an award or something. Please no one tell tell me I am #1.
    Venom

Sure, " And the award for being on the forum and having the least amount of posts, with less than 100 posts a years.... goes to Venom"
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Sartori wrote:

Heven forbid anyone would be rude on an internet forum. I say let's kill them! Moderator...Can you take care of that?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited February 2007
    Options
    shack wrote:
    Heven forbid anyone would be rude on an internet forum. I say let's kill them! Moderator...Can you take care of that?

Okay let me clarify what rude means to me. Calling people names, using foul language against someone, trying to start a fight, flaming someone becuase they voiced their opinion.....
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2007
    Options
    Sartori wrote:
    Okay let me clarify what rude means to me. Calling people names, using foul language against someone, trying to start a fight, flaming someone becuase they voiced their opinion.....

That is real life. It happens everyday...internet or not. You need a bit of thick skin to deal in cyber space. Much easier to get away from on the net however. A simple click of the mouse and you can go anywhere you want.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson