The DEMON is coming...

Comments

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    My mother-in-law just bought this.....seriously

734yxx7lti95.jpeg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    My company issued truck next to it just looks....stupid.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    LOL. What is wrong with people spending all that money on something that sits idle most of the time. Buy stereo gear that you can use 24/7. :)

Just kidding. Enjoy life. It doesn’t last long enough.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    I like it, some times especially when dealing with the snow...you say f#1k it...and want to destroy it....great looking truck
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    mrbiron wrote: »

734yxx7lti95.jpeg

Your mother-in-law is awesome!!!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    You listen to music while you sleep?
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Buy stereo gear that you can use 24/7. :)

• BlueFox
    Some do, and I have occasionally.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007

734yxx7lti95.jpeg

A SHELBY RAPTOR... B)

Does it get any bad-asser than that. And a woman at that ! I mentioned in another thread a young woman has a jacked-up BIG loud 4WD here in Wilm. NC. that has a bumper sticker that says " Trucks are for girls too "

Very cool ! B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666

734yxx7lti95.jpeg

What brand of truck is that, I can't quite make the word on the grill.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    edited December 2017
    Looks like it says Effed Over Rebuilt Dodge, or FORD, for short. Could also say Found On Road Dead, but who would buy something with that name?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    Looks like it says Effed Over Rebuilt Dodge, or FORD, for short. Could also say Found On Road Dead, but who would buy something with that name?

****ed On Race Day, Fix Or Repair Daily, Flown Over River and Dropped.

And then there's MOPAR = Most Our Patrons Are Rednecks :p

qudo6yfoiq8e.png

• BlueFox
    Fix Or Repair Daily.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    My company issued truck next to it just looks....stupid.

or -- depending upon one's perspective, the other way 'round ;)

I like the big, evil truck "trope", but, I mean, really... most folks who own 'em drive 'em to the grocery store and ballet practice and such.

Although, granted, I don't know your mother-in-law.

:)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    or -- depending upon one's perspective, the other way 'round ;)

BINGO! :D
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    I like -- modest -- pick-up trucks.

I may be the last person left with such tastes, though.

Maybe something like this...

6opgr9w0yur1.png

OK, sorry -- this is the Demon thread -- I'm way off course! :(
    I'll stop now -- maybe I'll start a grumpy old man thread about huge-mongous pickup trucks...

:p
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    edited December 2017
    Looks sporty to me

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    That last truck is just what’s needed to get the job done. These new trucks are damn near as big as a semi truck.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • When do you take delivery of the car?
  • nooshinjohn
    Gonna be a while yet, though production has ramped up recently.

• I'd be losing sleep waiting. Are you gonna have it covered with PPF? 3m, ExPel...
  • FestYboy
    If you were closer, I'd be happy to install PPF on it for you. I can't recommend 3M though, lately it's been a PITA to use/install. They've messed with the adhesive and it's reacting poorly with the color or print layer. Makes things more difficult to install than it used to be.
  • Saw a transport full of HellCats today mod'ed up for Texas law enforcement. One has to be for Buford Justice and Junior.
  • FestYboy
    "If you weren't my son, I'd punch your mama in the mouth!"
  • FestYboy wrote: »
    "There is no way, no way that you came from my loins, when I get home I'm going to yo mamma in the mouth!"

Fixed it for ya.

"Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• FestYboy wrote: »
    If you were closer, I'd be happy to install PPF on it for you. I can't recommend 3M though, lately it's been a PITA to use/install. They've messed with the adhesive and it's reacting poorly with the color or print layer. Makes things more difficult to install than it used to be.

I've got a guy coming down from Chicago on thursday that does ExPel who does work for a local dealer here. A friend of mine uses him on all of his vehicles and is impressed with his workmanship. I bought a new black Lexus and it has the 3M on the partial hood and fenders from Lexus on the factory window sticker. I still haven't gotten a clear answer as to whether the dealer or factory installed the film? Maybe you might know?

I must say, I'm not impressed with the 3M film. There's some wrinkled areas and scratches will not compound out from paint correction. He's gonna cover the front bumper,headlights,rockers,bottom half of the doors, rear bumper sides,door handle cups,painted sill areas on door openings,A pillars, small area in front of sun roof,side mirrors,install clear door edge guards all for $1400. Does this sound reasonable to you?

I don't know what the rate is to have all of that covered but, it sounded pretty reasonable to me considering the fact he's coming to my house to install. Did you get training on install and how is your business? I'm almost considering becoming an installer myself if there's a market in my region. I'm not real sure though since my city is economically depressed. It's fascinating to watch you guys install this stuff.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    charley95 wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »

I've got a guy coming down from Chicago on thursday that does ExPel who does work for a local dealer here. A friend of mine uses him on all of his vehicles and is impressed with his workmanship. I bought a new black Lexus and it has the 3M on the partial hood and fenders from Lexus on the factory window sticker. I still haven't gotten a clear answer as to whether the dealer or factory installed the film? Maybe you might know?

I must say, I'm not impressed with the 3M film. There's some wrinkled areas and scratches will not compound out from paint correction. He's gonna cover the front bumper,headlights,rockers,bottom half of the doors, rear bumper sides,door handle cups,painted sill areas on door openings,A pillars, small area in front of sun roof,side mirrors,install clear door edge guards all for $1400. Does this sound reasonable to you?

I don't know what the rate is to have all of that covered but, it sounded pretty reasonable to me considering the fact he's coming to my house to install. Did you get training on install and how is your business? I'm almost considering becoming an installer myself if there's a market in my region. I'm not real sure though since my city is economically depressed. It's fascinating to watch you guys install this stuff.

You talking about that clear finished protection they put on them for the hood/mirrors/etc ?

I have that on my RX-350....hate it. Why ? While it works to some degree to protect from those little nicks and dings from road debri/rocks, it still doesn't protect against all of it. You can't really fix it either, and after a while looks like crap. You wax the car and the wax is caught along the lines and builds up making those lines more apparent over time.

Nothing is going to stop everything, I get that, and when you spend big bucks you want as much protection as you can get. I wish those people who make that hard shell candy coating for ice cream cones made something for automobiles . :)

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    BlueFox wrote: »
    LOL. What is wrong with people spending all that money on something that sits idle most of the time. Buy stereo gear that you can use 24/7. :)

Just kidding. Enjoy life. It doesn’t last long enough.

it58hzutzbj4.jpg

Daily driver here as the production numbers of the Demon and Hellcat aren't those that one will be worth putting it away and wait for it to double in price will be a long time but that's only my opinion.....previous owner had a CQuartz ceramic coating put on the car....looks great for 20,000 miles.....Looks like Fl and Ca sold most of their allotment way over dealer MSRP so the wait is longer....right now delivery is dependent upon what the buyer paid OVER list....guess those in Fl and Ca have deep pockets....
This discussion has been closed.