Midwest/Indiana Members meet?

Options

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Racing season, y0.

This isn't my first hobby. Don't ban me bro!

The oinker takes a long time to warm up anyways.

You work for one of the teams? Got some friends been working as mechanics for a couple different Indy Car teams for a few years....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'd consider going to this if peope would really bring gear out. It's a bit of a haul for me so I'd hate to show up and be one of two people tat brought something in fr show and tell :biggrin:
    design is where science and art break even.
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    newrival wrote: »
    I'd consider going to this if peope would really bring gear out. It's a bit of a haul for me so I'd hate to show up and be one of two people tat brought something in fr show and tell :biggrin:

Well I know Nooshin has SDA's of some sort, LSI 15's, an amp of some sort to drive those (lol)....and possibly those pretty custom 200 watt Carver tube amps he's been working on.

I have an old Carver amp (AV-705x) I could bring but not much in the way of speakers yet :frown:.

I know Matt (silvertuner) has some Altec's hes been dying to show off he got from HB27 as well as a tube amp.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • concealer404
    concealer404 Posts: 7,440
    edited February 2011
    Options
    You work for one of the teams? Got some friends been working as mechanics for a couple different Indy Car teams for a few years....

Nope, i race in SCCA, drag race, and hit a few meets/events over the summer. First one is April 10th, last one is last weekend in September in Gainesville, FL.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Desk: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / ISK HD9999

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

HT: Denon AVR-X3400H / Sony UBP-X700 / RT16 / CS350LS / RT7 / SVS PB1000
  • silvertuner
    silvertuner Posts: 496
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i will certainly bring gear, its just a matter of "how the hell do i get it there?" i drive a s-10 standard cab short bed, i have little room available.

i will count myself in for whatever amps and speakers i have at that time along with interconnects. but the first person to laugh at the altec's i will cry like a little girl who just lost her barbie doll to her older brother that set it on fire using a magnifying glass while barbie was attached to a skewer poked into the ground so she couldnt run away bc toy story has taught us dolls have voices and are real and move.

on a lighter note, i promise to start laying off the coffee

some cheap free sony speakers
    psw125
    denon 1610
    3.1 channel because i hate cables ran across the living room like that
  • silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well I know Nooshin has SDA's of some sort, LSI 15's, an amp of some sort to drive those (lol)....and possibly those pretty custom 200 watt Carver tube amps he's been working on.

I have an old Carver amp (AV-705x) I could bring but not much in the way of speakers yet :frown:.

I know Matt (silvertuner) has some Altec's hes been dying to show off he got from HB27 as well as a tube amp.

whoa whoa whoa, i'm simply trying to introduce you to other manufacturers, not "show off". if i wanted to show off, i would create a website dedicated to my speakers and make fun of Ben for living comfortably instead of over-the-top

psw125
    denon 1610
  • Slinger182
    Slinger182 Posts: 512
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I could be down for this. I've been dying to check out some 2 channel and SDAs. I don't have much for gear but could definitely bring some food and what not.
    Panny 55-st30 plasma
    Pioneer vsx-1121
    Parasound 2100 pre
    b&k tx4430 amp
    Oppo bdp-83
    Monster HTS 3500
    polk TSi500s Vr3 Fortress modded
    polk CS20 center channel Vr3 Castle modded
    polk Owm 3 surrounds
    polk PSW505
  • newrival
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i will cry like a little girl who just lost her barbie doll to her older brother that set it on fire using a magnifying glass while barbie was attached to a skewer poked into the ground so she couldnt run away bc toy story has taught us dolls have voices and are real and move.

ha!

That was a curiously specific simile. You don't happen to be the "older brother" in the the story do you :wink:
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    i will certainly bring gear, its just a matter of "how the hell do i get it there?" i drive a s-10 standard cab short bed, i have little room available.

Matt I can drive you and your gear in my Jetta if you can get to my apartment.
    whoa whoa whoa, i'm simply trying to introduce you to other manufacturers, not "show off". if i wanted to show off, i would create a website dedicated to my speakers and make fun of Ben for living comfortably instead of over-the-top

LOL....you know I was just kidding you mang....

Maybe its a good time to:
    .....start laying off the coffee
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ha!

That was a curiously specific simile. You don't happen to be the "older brother" in the the story do you :wink:

LOL...nope, but I am just dabbling in the Monitor and the Infinity Primus series right now. Saving for a jump to some LSi's or something similar shortly (now that I have a dedicated amp).
  • concealer404
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Took me a minute to get the joke. :tongue:

I'm so white trash i put racing ahead of audio.
    I don't read the newsssspaperssss because dey aaaallllllllll...... have ugly print.

Living Room: B&K Reference 5 S2 / Parasound HCA-1000A / Emotiva XDA-2 / Pioneer BDP-51FD / Paradigm 11se MKiii

Office: Schiit Magni 2 Uber / Schiit Modi 2 Uber / Dynaco SCA-80Q / Paradigm Legend V.3

• silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ha!

youngest in the family, and one of the 2 surviving of the 4. i was raised an only child, cant u tell? ATTENTION ****!

and dan, i promise to start laying off the coffee

speaking of i could use another cup *twitches a bit*

psw125
    denon 1610
  • silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Took me a minute to get the joke. :tongue:

I'm so white trash i put racing ahead of audio.

figure'd ud like that one. do i get a permaban or a 3 day vacation for that joke? either way, it was soooo worth it

psw125
    denon 1610
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I have an SUV and could assist in carpooling and/or helping haul gear from the Indy area.
  • silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    that may be good a good thing.

are we keeping this as a "polk speaker only" meet, or can we bring others for listening purposes? lol

psw125
    denon 1610
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    that may be good a good thing.

are we keeping this as a "polk speaker only" meet, or can we bring others for listening purposes? lol

I am personally open to other speakers besides Polks.

So now that we have a date set (April 3rd) we just need to figure out whose coming and from that figure out what gear is coming with them.

In addition a start and end time would be good.

@Nooshin: what times are good for you, want to make sure this is as easy as possible.

Regarding food, personally I could go for something simple like fast food or hell, order some pizza and have some beer/soda.

So start posting IN if your planning on coming so we can get a list started. This is open to any Polkie willing to travel to West Lafayette, Indiana area. So all you folks in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, ect feel free to attend.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Well I know Nooshin has SDA's of some sort, LSI 15's, an amp of some sort to drive those (lol)....and possibly those pretty custom 200 watt Carver tube amps he's been working on....

Yep.... I have 2.3TL's and everything else in my sig available to demo. The 450 wpc monoblocks will likely be with Bob still.:redface:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • newrival
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure what I'll have then but here's what I have available now

speakers:
    Polk SRS's
    Polk RT5000 system
    Sonus Faber Concerto
    DCM TimeWindow
    DCM TimeFrame TF-600
    Dahlquist DQ-10

Amps:
    Classe Audio Seventy
    Parasound HCA-1200 mkII
    B&K Reference 125.2

Pre:
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Audio Alchemy DLC
    Audible Illusions Modulus 3b

Source:
    Denon 2910 SACD
    Thorens TD-126 TT
    Empire Troubadour 598 mkIII TT

ANything you guys would be interested in?
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Those SRS's look like the easiest to bring:tongue:...

The Classe is nice, and I have never heard Sonus Fabre's before.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • leroyjr1
    leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure what I'll have then but here's what I have available now

speakers:
    Polk SRS's
    Polk RT5000 system
    Sonus Faber Concerto
    DCM TimeWindow
    DCM TimeFrame TF-600
    Dahlquist DQ-10

Amps:
    Classe Audio Seventy
    Parasound HCA-1200 mkII
    B&K Reference 125.2

Pre:
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Audio Alchemy DLC
    Audible Illusions Modulus 3b

Source:
    Denon 2910 SACD
    Thorens TD-126 TT
    Empire Troubadour 598 mkIII TT

ANything you guys would be interested in?

Bring everything:smile:

Can I bring my Bose?:biggrin:
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Alright I am just going to throw out a start time of like 11:30 or 12 and an end time of like 5...

Thoughts????
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Alright I am just going to throw out a start time of like 11:30 or 12 and an end time of like 5...

Thoughts????

For you, the time can be from 4:30 to 4:45.:tongue:

I am good with from 10am to 6pm... I figure it will take some time to move things around. How many are we expecting?:cool:

• nooshinjohn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »

Sure man, bring anything. We will have a separate room for the Kiddie rigs.:tongue: You have to promise to play nice with the Emoettes.:biggrin:

• EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    leroyjr1 wrote: »
    Bring everything:smile:

Bring em in case we need wood for the fire lol.... Actually I havent really heard anything besides the really small bose. Would love to get my ears on some Paradigms like I did today at Ovation lol....
    I am good with from 10am to 6pm... I figure it will take some time to move things around. How many are we expecting?:cool:

Time sounds good to me, no idea on whose coming for sure. I am in as is Matt (SilverTuner). My wife may or may not come, depends. Not sure if she could handle all the audio talk, but being a former musician she has a pretty keen ear.... Beyond that I am waiting to see who says they are in.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I am good for this date and time. I am looking forward to meeting some of the members of this board as the only person I have met so far is Harry- who I have bought about 75 percent of my gear from. I can and am willing to bring any of my gear. As of right now, the gear I have is:

NAD 2600 amp
    NAD 1300 preamp
    Thorens 166 MKII
    Klipsch Forte II which I just upgraded the crossovers and also the tweeter diaphragms to titanium a couple of weeks ago. I would love to hear these speakers hooked up to a tube amp provided I have not purchased one by then. A tube amp and CD player are on my current wish list.
    I also have some Polk 5jrs if anyone wants to hear them.
  • EndersShadow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    indyhawg wrote: »
    as the only person I have met so far is Harry- who I have bought about 75 percent of my gear from.

Your not the only one lol...not speaking for myself but for Matt

So as of now the list of attendees is:

NooshinJohn
    EndersShadow
    SilverTuner
    Indyhawg

Not able to attend:
    Conceler404

Other possible attendee's (just listing forum members I am aware of in the area). If your listed here and planning on attending please just let us know for headcount reasons:

HB27
    Leroy1
    newrival
    SolidSqual (think he's moving outta state for some reason)
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Your not the only one lol...not speaking for myself but for Matt

So as of now the list of attendees is:

NooshinJohn
    EndersShadow
    SilverTuner
    Indyhawg

Not able to attend:
    Conceler404

Other possible attendee's (just listing forum members I am aware of in the area). If your listed here and planning on attending please just let us know for headcount reasons:

HB27
    Leroy1
    newrival
    SolidSqual (think he's moving outta state for some reason)

Mike lives in Ohio now, but he better get his **** here if he knows what's good for him.:wink::tongue:

• concealer404
    edited February 2011
    Options
    I'm not 100% out. That may be early enough, it'll depend if this year's race car is done by then or if i've got another weekend of wrenching ahead of me.

I won't be able to bring much. The only thing worth a damn in my system is my speakers, and they won't fit in the car.

Could maybe bring the B&K and a mess of cables.

• silvertuner
    edited February 2011
    Options
    ben, you could bring the jolida and the onkyo amps, stop playin around lol

I may not have anything to bring, as i am about to make a few "subtle" changes ie: everything is going away for new-to-me equipment. just not sure what im searching for just yet.

psw125
    denon 1610
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    edited February 2011
    Options
    darn, I was going to try and be in Indy on March 24-28th.