Maryland PolkFest '08

Comments

• Eric W
    Eric W Posts: 556
    edited October 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder now 'cause my friend got sick too. He was barfin' pretty good around 10:00-10:30pm (thank God I got him home before that! No barfin' in the Lightning! Just a rule I have) and was messed up the next day. But he didn't go to Tony Roma's. I know he snagged the last of the pulled chicken from one tray and they popped open another when I got there. I don't know who strider and Face are so I couldn't tell you if you were in line before that but I'm wondering if there was a bad batch of chicken at HQ?
    Don't think so I had quite a bit of pulled chicken and the leftovers at the end of the day... no pukin here! :)
    -Eric
    -Polk Audio
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited October 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder now 'cause my friend got sick too. He was barfin' pretty good around 10:00-10:30pm (thank God I got him home before that! No barfin' in the Lightning! Just a rule I have) and was messed up the next day. But he didn't go to Tony Roma's. I know he snagged the last of the pulled chicken from one tray and they popped open another when I got there. I don't know who strider and Face are so I couldn't tell you if you were in line before that but I'm wondering if there was a bad batch of chicken at HQ?

I jumped in front of you in the line for the goodie bags at the end of the day. The bag I got was the last one with an 8x10 of Doro all dressed up in his finest leather. Don't know if anybody else got one; I can scan mine for anyone interested. We also talked a bit about your Amazings.

I had no symptoms 'til about an hour or 2 after Tony Roma's; the burger I ate had some issues that I didn't think much of at the time. Face, I believe, got a burger as well.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited October 2008
    Eric Wong wrote: »
    Don't think so I had quite a bit of pulled chicken and the leftovers at the end of the day... no pukin here! :)

Yeah but you were in line after me. I'm just thinkin' that maybe there was one batch that wasn't so hot, that's all.

No biggie. I thought the food was spectacular!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited October 2008
    strider wrote: »
    I jumped in front of you in the line for the goodie bags at the end of the day. The bag I got was the last one with an 8x10 of Doro all dressed up in his finest leather. Don't know if anybody else got one; I can scan mine for anyone interested. We also talked a bit about your Amazings.

I had no issues 'til about an hour or 2 after Tony Roma's; the burger I ate had some issues that I didn't think much of at the time. Face, I believe, got a burger as well.

Dang dude, I dun remember. There were so many people around at that point and so many different people asked about the Amazings and the Silver 7's I snagged that I can't remember who was who. And my friend Brian was in front of me in line. Since He's a giant, he kind of obscured my views of whatever was in front of me.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited October 2008
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Ben, I almost got the Cuban sammich as well. Looks like I made a good choice not too. Too bad you had to leave Friday night after we got to "The Still". We had few beers and had some great audio discussion. Catch you next time.

H9
    m00npie wrote: »
    Man I felt bad for you. The third time you said you had to go, I thought you were going to have an accident. Glad your feeling better. At least we decided to drive to Timonium instead of staying in Pikesville. Shorter drive for you.

I felt like such a d*ck leaving you guys there like that. There was just no other option for me at that point. Really glad you were familiar with the area, Kelly. I was trying to give Doug directions back to 695 on my way out, but my homing beacon was flashing hard at that point.

Man, what a good time. There were a couple of products at HQ that surprised me, especially the SurroundBar 360 and the 12V stuff. Like Jesse said, though, the best thing about coming to Polkfest for the first time was meeting other Polkies and really learning what a tight knit group of people they are. I'd gotten a bit of a taste of it meeting some of the local guys, but it was really apparent when everyone got together. Everybody that worked at Polk just seemed genuinely happy to be there and interested in you feeling the same way, from Matt Polk on down the line. I can't wait 'til next year, there's no way I'm missing this again.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2008
    Maybe they have posted in any of the other 100 threads about PF2008 Jesse.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2008
    So I did a Showcase for these pictures, please pm so I can give you the sign name / password.

Update I will be away from a computer for the next 2 hrs or so. Or if you're quick I can give it to you about 3:30pm.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2008
    I hope you have alot more pics to upload there bud. Thanks for posting them
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited October 2008
    Maybe I'm not doing something right, but I didn't need a login or password to view the 12 or so pics there. Am I in the wrong place? :confused:

Thanks

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2008
    Maybe I'm not doing something right, but I didn't need a login or password to view the 12 or so pics there. Am I in the wrong place? :confused:

Thanks

H9

you need the password to post pictures, not to view them
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • heiney9
    edited October 2008
    hoosier21 wrote: »
    you need the password to post pictures, not to view them

Ah!!! Thanks Russ.......................so I was missing something.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited October 2008
    Ah!!! Thanks Russ.......................so I was missing something.

I am missing my liver, lost it sometime Sunday A.M.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2008
    hey Cat I did enjoy the big hug from you, I could feel the watts permeate through my entire body.......ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh:D
  • Ober
    Ober Posts: 1
    edited October 2008
    off Topic, sorry
    @Ricardo:

Have you recieved my private message or email?
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2008
    I'm glad you enjoyed it considering my head only reached your forearm & I could only get my arms around half of you!:eek:

But then again having taken about half of my 405wpc Sunfire's power down with me so I would have the energy to keep up with all the goings on for Friday & Saturday I guess it came in handy!:D

Naturally I gave it back to my amp when I got home!:D
    hey Cat I did enjoy the big hug from you, I could feel the watts permeate through my entire body.......ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh:D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2008
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    I hope you have alot more pics to upload there bud. Thanks for posting them

Yes I got some other pictures, maybe later. :cool:

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• heiney9
    edited October 2008

Well you win some and you loose some.

My liver hasn't been too happy with me lately.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited October 2008
    I had a cheeseburger at Tony Roma's with no follow-on issues. In fact, I was going to have another. MillerLiteScott and DizzyJoe also had burgers I think.
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited October 2008
    F1nut wrote: »
    I've noticed that there are a number of folks that attended part or all of Polkfest this year that haven't said one word about it. What's up with that???

Jesse

I am one of those people:o It was a blast and sorry I missed the party at Al's on Sat. :mad:

It was great to see the turnout at HQ. I can't think of any other words than a big thank you to all the polk employee's, MP and AL.

The poster is framed and hung by the wall of sound.

Jim
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2008
    Your liver is not all you lost......lol.........

Glad you made it home alive......hillbilly........:D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2008
    I had to combine this stuff guys...its way to confusing to keep track of them all. Don't worry, nothing was lost as far as I know.

The system showcase for pictures will be up soon.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • heiney9
    edited October 2008
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I had to combine this stuff guys...its way to confusing to keep track of them all.

Much better. My brain was going numb trying to keep up w/multiple threads. It doesn't take much
  • Lovely Wendi
    Lovely Wendi Posts: 34
    edited October 2008
    Hey ya'll!

Those are great pics of everyone....sorry we missed it! George,
    I'm crushed! I didn't know you were going--you dont write, you don't call....well I guess Reeltrouble is closer! ;)

Maybe next year! It was good to see all the usual suspects.

See ya,
    TLW
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited October 2008
    This was my fisrt polkfest. I had a blast!

I'd like to thank Mr Matthew Polk for his hospitality and grace.
    I would also like to thank all of those involved in making polkfest 08 the great success it was.
    Last but certainly not in the least, I would like to thank everyone who attended.
    It was a real pleasure meeting people who share this crazy obsession with polkaudio products.
    It was a great pleasure being around audio nuts sharing, listening, and learning more about this great hobby of ours.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited October 2008
    Ed, it was great to finally meet you. I'm sorry we didn't get to chat much, my fault. I'll fix that the next time.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• PolkClyde
    PolkClyde Posts: 661
    edited October 2008
    I still haven't got over the Polk Fest. I keep looking at the pictures over and over again. Hey guys everything was a first for me coming to the "Polk fest" meeting you guys and my first time "Flying" ever.The people at(Flight Attendant) Southwest Air Lines treated me to a cup of Red wine to relax me. If I'm going a distance, Flying will be the way to travel for me. Very Peaceful up that high. I Prayed and spoke in tongues all the way from Jacksonville to baltimore. :)
    PolkAudioClyde
  • PolkClyde
    edited October 2008
    My co-land Lord came over and said the neighbor in Apt #1 said that your music is too loud,it really wasn't. Time to move to a new crib(house)Now when I Want to listen to some music I'll have to go to Reeltrouble1's house.
    PolkAudioClyde
  • PolkClyde
    edited October 2008
    You talking about the ones on the stands?

Those are 20 year old SDA CRS+. (2) 6 1/2" drivers; (1) sl2000 tweeter and (1) 10" passive radiator in the rear.

Yes that's what I'm talking about.wow they sounded sooooooooo Good..... Well to me they did.I like them better than the others.
    PolkAudioClyde
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited October 2008
    PolkClyde wrote: »
    My co-land Lord came over and said the neighbor in Apt #1 said that your music is too loud,it really wasn't. Time to move to a new crib(house)Now when I Want to listen to some music I'll have to go to Reeltrouble1's house.

Before you move, treat your neighbors to a healthy dose of the DSW Micropro sub. That will give them something to complain about.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited October 2008
    i prayed and spoke in tongues all the way from jacksonville to baltimore.

lol....
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk