Options

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited October 2008
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Not one picture of my newly detailed truck

Geez! You want some cheese to go with all that whine? Be glad I couldn't go Saturday and show up your mere Chevy with my glorious Ford!

Would have had to clear that street for a drag race! :eek: :p:D
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Shoot, I posted myself at the main entrance - I had to lean on it like Sal was dead set on coming in with a Cuban sammich in each hand. That's not an easy task.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Jstas
    edited October 2008
    Options
    You know, not ALL of Polks subs were lacking.

I honestly liked the PSW1200. That sub was brutally powerful but tended to get muddy at higher volumes. And if you could keep the LSi sub (LSiW1000??) from overheating that was quite impressive too.

But most of the car audio subs, while not beasts of output, were and are quite capable subs, especially for the money. I have even use Polk car audio subs in home theater applications with a good deal of success.

Sometimes I think Polk should be taking the car audio subs and shoving them in home audio boxes and strapping some serious power to them. The SR series of subs will embarrass quite a few other brands and if you want sheer output the DB212-2 ported sub enclosure would have no problems pressurizing most rooms for that impact everyone likes.

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Polk has always made good subs, imo - part of the reason I fell in love with Polk was the bass articulation that the speakers and subs imparted. These new jobs are refined and taken to the 'nth level. Hardcore.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I took Brett out the next day and we fired up some stuff....imagine, big **** Brett shooting at "male" torso targets. It was priceless.
    And bullseyeing 3 out of 4 of my targets......haha....y'all better not **** with me any more........I'm apparently dangerous......(most passengers in my car will attest to this as well)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I moved Jesse's hair, that right there is a nuff said for this Fest. Although it did create a fault line in his skull bone.

Thanks Al and Hedy. Did anyone know Al was learning keyboards? Now you do.

One more thing, Matt Polk is always thinking. Give him a thought and you can see the wheels in that brain just go into gear. I left knowing how much he cares about us and the people at Polk Audio. They are a loyal and dedicated group who do their job and you can tell how much they enjoy it. Polk Audio is a great place to work.

Ted
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2008
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Polk has always made good subs, imo - part of the reason I fell in love with Polk was the bass articulation that the speakers and subs imparted. These new jobs are refined and taken to the 'nth level. Hardcore.

exactly.

RT1
  • PolkClyde
    PolkClyde Posts: 662
    edited October 2008
    Options
    reeltrouble1 I see you made it back also to the bwk ga. I like to thank everyone for making me feel right at home and my friend Johnnie. he will be giving me that subWoofer he won of course. Johnnie had to laugh he didn't know that people like us exits he had a wonderful time.I also like to thank doro and Lasareath for the music they played. Crystal Method Vegas, maceo Parker, Kraft werk that really brought the best out of those subs. It was really nice to meet everyone.
    PolkAudioClyde
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2008
    Options
    PolkClyde wrote: »
    I like to thank everyone for making me feel right at home and my friend Johnnie. he will be giving me that subWoofer he won of course.

Damn; that's what I call a REALLY GOOD FRIEND!!! ;)

It was nice meeting you too!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Dave(Fireman) - I messed with you all day/night but its with much love brother. When I threw your crutch into the bushes, and walked away for some crab dip, I loved you.

You rule brother and the fact that you painfully worked your way down to HQ and beyond speaks volumes. You need something? You have a whole brotherhood to call upon....me included. Family.

Thanks brother. I am really happy that I made it. Much thanks to Russ (lightman1) for driving me to and from. Without him I would have not been able to make the drive myself. I was in alot of pain all weekend but it was worth it to see everyone and get to tour HQ.

Thanks to Mark and all my fellow polkies that help me out during the weekend I really appreciate it.
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited October 2008
    Options
    m00npie wrote: »
    It appears Face is trying to get a cheap thrill from the sub.

:D

Either that or he's still feeling the effects of the meal at Tony Roma's. I was not right 'til Saturday afternoon.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited October 2008
    Options
    strider wrote: »
    Either that or he's still feeling the effects of the meal at Tony Roma's. I was not right 'til Saturday afternoon.

Ben, I almost got the Cuban sammich as well. Looks like I made a good choice not too. Too bad you had to leave Friday night after we got to "The Still". We had few beers and had some great audio discussion. Catch you next time.

Anytime you want to discuss Led Zep or Hendrix or my bro's music server let me know.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Eric W
    Eric W Posts: 556
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Yup, the design team really did their homework with the MicroPRO series. The driver itself is based on the SR Subwoofers from the car line. We're really proud of these subs.

And we put it through its paces to make sure it won't blow up!
    -Eric
    -Polk Audio
  • Jstas
    edited October 2008
    Options
    reeltrouble1 I see you made it back also to the bwk ga. I like to thank everyone for making me feel right at home and my friend Johnnie. he will be giving me that subWoofer he won of course. Johnnie had to laugh he didn't know that people like us exits he had a wonderful time.I also like to thank doro and Lasareath for the music they played. Crystal Method Vegas, maceo Parker, Kraft werk that really brought the best out of those subs. It was really nice to meet everyone.

I was wondering when you were gonna pop your head in! IIRC, My friend and I were in the same tour group with you. There were many new faces that hadn't been to a PolkFest before but I think you were the newest one there that actually admitted to posting! ;) I know Doro and RuSsMaN were asking me about you guys and I think they stopped by to introduce themselves. I'm glad that you guys came along and had a good time! Most of the people here are ok but sometimes things on the forum make them seem much worse than they really are and it can put people off to a PolkFest because of it. Most new members are discouraged by that. Glad to see you weren't.

It was good meeting you guys and taking the tours throughout the day with you both. I hope I get to see you guys again at the next fest that I can get to.

• PolkClyde
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Thanks jstas for that wonderful post.I can't wait for the next polk fest. where will it be next year. I heard SC? I'm so glad I got a chance to meet other Audio "nuts" like my self. PolkAudio for life.Now I got to go over to Ted's house and see his new baby, Tube Amp.
    PolkAudioClyde
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited October 2008
    Options

Man I felt bad for you. The third time you said you had to go, I thought you were going to have an accident. Glad your feeling better. At least we decided to drive to Timonium instead of staying in Pikesville. Shorter drive for you.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Sorry my "Bruick" took up half the first photo....
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Big thanks to Mark

...even if he does smell like feet and rotten cheese...

Thanks again to you all.
    Russ
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I've noticed that there are a number of folks that attended part or all of Polkfest this year that haven't said one word about it. What's up with that???
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited October 2008
    Options
    There was definitely something up with the food there, my stomach wasn't right till the next day either.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • brettw22
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Some are the quiet type........who cares.....

If ya get it, ya get it..........if ya don't, say la vie......
  • Beekyman
    Beekyman Posts: 150
    edited October 2008
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    The dual MicroPros running at AL's house were superb. They do have a tendency to "walk" around the room if they are on a slick surface.

Both had 20lbs of led shot on top of them and during several songs the led shot vibrated right off.

Those impressed the hell out of me and if I ever do my dedicated theater room I can now purchase Polk subs with confidence.

H9
    That demo really was quite impressive! If memory serves me right those lead shot bags are actually 25lbs a piece! Even more impressive!! For those of you inclined to try this at home for your own setups I recommend getting a leather shooters rest bench bag to contain the lead shot in something more attractive, durable, less abrasive, and more resistant to sliding off of your subwoofer. I have heard horror stories about having the lead shot bag rip open and spilling into carpets and gear. The leather shooters bench rest bag provides an added measure of safety.
    It was a pleasure meeting you at Polk Fest Heiney9!
    2 Channel Rig
    Source 1 - Apple TV
    Source 2 - Parasound D3 Universal Player
    Source 3 - Parasound Tuner T3
    Pre-amp - Parasound HALO P3
    Amplifier - Parasound HALO A21
    Speakers - Martin Logan Vista
    Power Conditioning - Panamax M5100-EX
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Im still waiting for more picks. Steve took a whole bunch as usuall. Im sure we will have something set up in the showcase.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Almost forgot to mention; I also learned that as incredible as this might sound, there are manufacturers that produce 1,000 oz soda cups....and people that buy them!!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • PolkClyde
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Which sub did my friend win......... I was so happy for him/me that I didn't get to see the model. thanks
    PolkAudioClyde
  • brettw22
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Almost forgot to mention; I also learned that as incredible as this might sound, there are manufacturers that produce 1,000 oz soda cups....and people that buy them!!!!
    And those people that buy them can go through multiple fillups per day.............bizarreeeeeeeeeee
  • Jstas
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I'm starting to wonder now 'cause my friend got sick too. He was barfin' pretty good around 10:00-10:30pm (thank God I got him home before that! No barfin' in the Lightning! Just a rule I have) and was messed up the next day. But he didn't go to Tony Roma's. I know he snagged the last of the pulled chicken from one tray and they popped open another when I got there. I don't know who strider and Face are so I couldn't tell you if you were in line before that but I'm wondering if there was a bad batch of chicken at HQ?

• PolkClyde
    edited October 2008
    Options
    F1Nut what's the name of the two speakers you and doro hook up in the living room.....they were just awesome. I like those better than the other two tall speakers.
    PolkAudioClyde
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,079
    edited October 2008
    Options
    F1Nut what's the name of the two speakers you and doro hook up in the living room.....they were just awesome. I like those better than the other two tall speakers.

You talking about the ones on the stands?

Those are 20 year old SDA CRS+. (2) 6 1/2" drivers; (1) sl2000 tweeter and (1) 10" passive radiator in the rear.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,501
    edited October 2008
    Options

ah, its refreshing to see a budding SDA enthusiast starting to develop. Prep the checkbook and your Ebay searching skills :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites