Georgia Polkfest 07 Official Thread

Comments

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited August 2007
    Spoke yesterday with Al at HQ.

HQ is planning on sending three reps, Al along with Monica from his shop, and Mark Suskind from Product Design...........cool, here is a real chance to get to hang out with and bounce ideas off the folks who are decision makers.

RT1
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited August 2007
    Spoke yesterday with Al at HQ.

HQ is planning on sending three reps, Al along with Monica from his shop, and Mark Suskind from Product Design...........cool, here is a real chance to get to hang out with and bounce ideas off the folks who are decision makers.

RT1

Any chance Ken can make the fest?
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • reeltrouble1
    edited August 2007
    Well, three folks from HQ is excellent support, Ken was at Doro's Maryland Fest, he demoed a highly modded R2R, maybe next year.

RT1
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2007
    Mark Suskind is awesome.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,053
    edited August 2007
    Well, three folks from HQ is excellent support, Ken was at Doro's Maryland Fest, he demoed a highly modded R2R, maybe next year.

RT1

I agree, just wondered if Ken was going to make the trip so I could meet him.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2007
    Next year it's back in Maryland. Ask Al Ballard about it when you guys see him.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,650
    edited August 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I agree, just wondered if Ken was going to make the trip so I could meet him.

That would be great.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited August 2007
    Looking foward to this event.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited August 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Next year it's back in Maryland. Ask Al Ballard about it when you guys see him.

Yep, I can copy that, Al had mentioned this as the main possible plan last year at BDT's, very cool HQ having us all back to roll through the factory without several armed guards watching us.

RT1
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2007
    Ted, I'm not going to be able to make this one. I appreciate your offers of hospitality bro, it's just not in the cards this time.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited August 2007
    faaaak!

who am i gonna take big head pictures with?!?!?!

:D:D:D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • reeltrouble1
    edited August 2007
    We will just get a blow up doll of Russ, do what you will with him, but I am not cleaning it after the Fest..............I am sure we can all sign it though and ship it to tejas.

You will be missed Bro.

RT1
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2007
    You will be missed Bro.

RT1

That's for sure.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited August 2007
    i still dont know about coming, gotta wait for my college schedule to iron itself out for the fall.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    edited September 2007
    Just curious,

Anyone bringing some speakers to the fest?

I'll be looking for a secondary pair to take back with me - just curious if anyone is bringing anything.

1 Month away! Pumped I am!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited September 2007
    Ok so where are you guys booked for a room?

I don't what to miss the midnight Toga party :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2007
    I still wish someone would hook up a web cam for the rest of us to see at one of these ... :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • VR3
    edited September 2007
    I can bring my laptop --- it has a webcam built in, granted I'm not sure how that would work???
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    i still dont know about coming, gotta wait for my college schedule to iron itself out for the fall.

No way! You gotta go so I can rub your head!:D
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited September 2007
    Joe, you are getting me more and more nervous. :confused::D
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • BaggedLancer
    edited September 2007
    Anyone wanna split a room/car? Being under 25 they want to bend me over for car rentals(2-2.5x the norm)

Age 22
    Sleeps whenever
    Wakes up at anytime(early or late)

I really wanna get down there but somehow I misbudgeted a bit on my school books and and they ran me $600 instead of the $250 I was expecting and next semester my capstone course book is $500 alone I found out today while in the bookstone getting bent over there(Im taking 3 other classes as well) so I really gotta watch the budget.

If not, there is always next year when I'm graduated and have a real full time job(sounds amazing, i know)
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Anyone wanna split a room/car? Being under 25 they want to bend me over for car rentals(2-2.5x the norm)

Age 22
    Sleeps whenever
    Wakes up at anytime(early or late)

I really wanna get down there but somehow I misbudgeted a bit on my school books and and they ran me $600 instead of the $250 I was expecting and next semester my capstone course book is $500 alone I found out today while in the bookstone getting bent over there(Im taking 3 other classes as well) so I really gotta watch the budget.

If not, there is always next year when I'm graduated and have a real full time job(sounds amazing, i know)

You can drive down with us if you can get here from New England.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited September 2007
    You can drive down with us if you can get here from New England.

Thanks but I'm afraid my schedule would be a little tight probably for you. I'd be coming in Friday night(stupid class) and need to be home by Monday sometime. Best for me would probably be to fly to GA, take a taxi to a hotel, then taxi back from the hotel to the airport when I'm ready to leave.

Renting a car under age 25 is like impossible, well not impossible just insanely expensive. The insurance they require is double the cost of the car in most cases.
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Thanks but I'm afraid my schedule would be a little tight probably for you. I'd be coming in Friday night(stupid class) and need to be home by Monday sometime. Best for me would probably be to fly to GA, take a taxi to a hotel, then taxi back from the hotel to the airport when I'm ready to leave.

Renting a car under age 25 is like impossible, well not impossible just insanely expensive. The insurance they require is double the cost of the car in most cases.

Okay, if you do decide to go, there is usually a shuttle from the airport to the hotel; from there I would imagine you could call Ted's and have one of us pick you up at the hotel. I would't mind being you taxi while you are there. I don't drink so I have a feeling I might be driving more than you around!!!:rolleyes:
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Yes, there is a shuttle from Jacksonville to Brunswick, I am out of town until Monday so cannot get to the number, you need to call 24 hours in advance for the trip to Brunswick. If you fly into Brunswick the airport is only 10 minutes from my house.

RT1
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Yes, there is a shuttle from Jacksonville to Brunswick, I am out of town until Monday so cannot get to the number, you need to call 24 hours in advance for the trip to Brunswick. If you fly into Brunswick the airport is only 10 minutes from my house.

RT1

Wow that close huh. Can you hear the jets landing and taking off?
  • VR3
    edited September 2007
    Well, at the rate I am going...

LOL

By the time the PF is here...

I'll have a clean truck with a recent oil change. HAHA...

Been two days, 8 hours --- and much much much more work to go... absolutely insane! Haha...

I'm ready though! woo Hoo!!

Hey, RT1 =

Can you email me your address again?

vr3mxdmicblce2k7@gmail.com
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Well, spent last week and weekend on the road got back to Georgia last night.

All right all you peeps, just under four weeks to go, get your stuff done, calender cleared and get ready for the libations, I know I am ready to see all the bro's.

RT1
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2007
    Just starting a big project at work but i will be taking the time to come down and party. Looking foward to it.
  • reeltrouble1
    edited September 2007
    Good Deal Bro, cant wait to see you.

RT1