Carolina Polkfest II : 13-15 Oct 2006

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    Steve, you can't offend, you had a long couple of days and cut loose - rock on.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    You're more than welcome George.

You should hold 'Ted', above us all, by a little at least. He handled all the collecting of money, and distribution of tickets for that raffle. It wasn't that he did it, but HOW he did it. He was a natural born salesman, friendly, funny - he was throwing out one-liners like a professional comic, fast and razor sharp. I was VERY impressed (and thankful), as were most.

Cheers,
    Russ

GG,

I think Tiffany was right there helping me along the way. George, in Tiffany 's memory these guys ponied up in large way. I felt like everyone involved carried a small piece of her fire in their belly. It was an honor for me to gather some of the funds for the Githens Center.

RT1
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited October 2006
    The best Polkfest so far, 'nuff said.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited October 2006
    Sounds like you guys had a blast. More pics are needed:)
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited October 2006
    Glad to see everyone made it home in (mostly) one piece! More pics are definitely in order...

Also glad to see so many shout-out's to one of the few good things to come out of this state -- Jim Beam.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2006
    Glad to see everyone made it home in (mostly) one piece! More pics are definitely in order...

Also glad to see so many shout-out's to one of the few good things to come out of this state -- Jim Beam.

They also had an encounter with the "Rare Breed"!!! Barrel stock, uncut, 108.7 proof Wild Turkey. It had been put in the freezer for a few hours before popping the cork. SMOOOOTH!!!
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited October 2006
    Sorry to be late, but....

It was great to see all you freaks again. It just don't get no better than this...

Troy and Wendi - The hostess's with the most's's, I didn't torch the yard this year, huh? Thank you for everything.
    Paul and Al - Thanks for showing up and shooting the breeze. Your commitment to us is really cool. I still think the feet need to be little higher. Always a pleasure.
    Jesse - Excellent travel buddy. Dude, your system rocks...
    Russ - I'll get that Mac down soon. Jesus, I thought I could drink...
    Mark - Thanks for the tubes, man. I'll let you know how they sound.
    Shack - Get a new waterproof phone, they only go for around $400.
    Big Daddy - Next year we'll get some rum in us. Nice job on the raffle, you oughta do collections for this guy I know.
    Univera - Your fixin to get poor quick, but you're gonna have some really good tunes... Loud is good...
    Steve (polk65) - You are one dedicated Polkie, broham. Got a little loopy, huh? It's all good. The speakers look good.
    Steve (DJ7) - You look good in a lab coat, why was the front all puffed out???
    Dave - Excellent Yes, it came at a good time. I'll be in touch. You are gonna make cheesecake for PF '07 right??
    Chris - I never did get to talk to you and your wife about the tour. We have an older house with some nice plaster work.
    Lou - Fugheddaboudit, Nice deal on those 55's. Good pudding, huh?
    Dave - Nice to meet ya brother. Good luck with the back.
    Sid - I got my eye on you, son. A little more walnut.
    Bruce - I told them you didn't do it, but they wouldn't believe me. (tell ya the truth, I wouldn't have believed it either)
    Brett - It was good to see you again, man. They don't know how to drive... I told you saurkraut don't have to be sour.
    Strongbad - How can you dilute good liquor like that??? Well at least the orange juice KINDA makes it cool breakfast drink, huh? I can't wait to see some of the pictures.
    Noel - I'm in a shutdown. I'll get with you...
    Russ - I'll let you know how the room mods go. I'm gonna have me some bass. Deep, **** kicking bass.

I bet ya'll are surprised I remember any of this ****, huh??? But hey, if I forgot anyone or anything, I'm sorry. I didn't know I was in the group picture...;)

You guy's rock. See ya next year... That's about all i can stand, I'm out.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2006
    I've got the house about 95% back in order.....getting ready to fire up the AR9's.

Damn, I miss you guys.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,500
    edited October 2006
    leaving the ar9's where they are?, or moving them back where you had them :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited October 2006
    Hey, I only moved them about another foot apart with a little toe-in.:rolleyes: :p

Troy,
    How bout an I-Sonic and $850???:D
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • TroyD
    edited October 2006
    Nope, I'm digging them right where they are.

I've got no problem with people moving stuff. If I don't like it, I move it back. No issues. I just like to bust Bruce's hump.

BDT
  • ohskigod
    edited October 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    I just like to bust Bruce's hump.

BDT

you and everyone else...LOL :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Lovely Wendi
    Lovely Wendi Posts: 34
    edited October 2006
    Hey! Peeps!
    It's been awhile...so I needed a little help from BDT on how to get posting again. So here 'tis: a huge Southern thank you to all ya'll!!!! This is what life is all about. Thank everyone for putting the miles on the road and in the air and heading our way. We truly appreciate the effort made by all --it's always worth a throw down. You can sleep when you get home.

Paul and Al--you two really make the show! To know you are behind these geeks are incredible. Wine! Wine! thank you! Keep AnnaBanana's "device" on the drawing board....hey I have an anniversary coming up too. ha!

Russ A--always the fave! Always willing to partake in a shot!

Russ G/Mark...dude's ..really sorry for the interrupt...tigobuckingfiddies lost!

Brett--did I miss grabbing your butt this year?

Bruce--didnt get to share deviled eggs made scrambled this year! but threw a few peanuts your way!

Dave--my endless source of great tunes and cheesecake.

Lee--Double plate it next year...the others have way to much to hug~

Chris/Gloria--the quiet ones...watch out..glad to see you took in some historic sites.

Steve(CA)--weary traveler! pumpkin sourdough...rules! He truly will sleep when he gets home!

Noel--enjoy your goodies! I am jealous!

Trey--your mom would be proud! great dude!

Steve(DJ)-glad my tweezers worked for you buddy!

Shack--my Tennessee friends were kin weren't they?

Lou/Dave...great newcomers to Chas! Jersey is growing on me! Anyone who steps in Hugo's present is true family!

Antny...you can cook in my kitchen anytime! And mom (Big Flo is about some Antny)

Jesse--smooth operator--always a treat! Oh yeah, Big Flo is loving some Jesse, too!

Big Ted--my favorite teddy bear...oh wont you be....loved meeting Mrs Big Ted and wanna scoop up some Teddy Ryan. Thanks to TR for scooping up my Hugo ate/processed pearl necklace in the front yard...4 yr olds rock!

John Strong....my hands are still hurting from that clutch..cant believe I did that on our first date. Thanks Makers Mark.

BDT-my hero! my hero! You keep me in the game!

George Grand--Semper Fi! Semper Fi, Baby!

Anyone who missed it...sorry! These people are the best in the world! Great hearts, great minds and rockin' bodies! Brett's rockin ****! Delirious from the makers mark!

Hasta la vista,

TLW
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2006
    If any of you think that Wendi might not be able to bring some game, buck up, cause she can toss 'em back with the best of them....and she did. She's a helluva lot prettier than Troy unless you look at him from behind.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited October 2006
    My dear Wendi, It is you that is the real treat. Thanks again for everything.

A big hug and kiss to Big Flo for me, what a woman!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2006
    More randomness...

Wendi gives breathtaking hugs as long as Troy is not watching. Troy is still a great squeeze as long as Wendi is not watching.

Polk Paul knows his stuff and can explain it after sundown.

My promised toasts to past PF attendees were made.

Antny is the second person I have met in life who defines the word "friend".

Brett is a real teddy bear even when awoken. Honored to have met you for the second time broham.

Jesse is trustworthy.

A big thanks to Steve, Jesse and Noel for rides.

Trey you were brought up well. Not much else to say other than visit other countries for perspective.

Russ and Mark were the usual throb of the party.

Someone played a European jazz track and I think either Univera or Tour2MA told me at the time but I've since forgotten...

It doesn't matter how near or far you come from only that you get to PF and back safely.

Make complete plans for whatever duties you leave behind, then you'll have a 100% good time.

Amish sausages taste great and go down well cold hours after they are cooked. The food was top notch so my body was enjoying every last moment. When I finally had movement it felt like I was giving birth. My head and body feel like it went through a meat grinder so I had a great time.

I didn't wear assless chaps but next year I'll wear them for Antny. Someone bring a hay bale for the sideways reverse cowgirl shot.

Next year I get to pet a shark.

Airport crud (I edited this out cause my post was turning into a small novel):
    * Toothpaste - no problem going but a Ctown TSA jerk wanted my paste. The punk announced that I had an illegal 6oz tube so I said give me a tissue. I squeezed 1/2 the tube in his hand and packed my tube.
    * Chicago O'Hare - running between concourse B & C then up the stairs feels like training for the olympics. This airport is the size of a small town.
    * Starbucks - cashiers almost seem to enjoy announcing the high cost of their overpriced goods. I just smiled and passed a Starbuck's gift card. Their smirks disappeared quickly.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited October 2006
    A shot of one of the very cool I-Sonic's donated by POLK, of course signed by the companies real masterminds.:D

RT1
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited October 2006
    Steve, not sure why you edited this out because it's one of the funniest things I've heard lately.
    * Toothpaste - no problem going but a Ctown TSA jerk wanted my paste. The punk announced that I had an illegal 6oz tube so I said give me a tissue. I squeezed 1/2 the tube in his hand and packed my tube.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited October 2006
    Too Funny! ROFLMAO!!!!!:D :D:D:D

F1nut wrote:
    Steve, not sure why you edited this out because it's one of the funniest things I've heard lately.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2006
    I'm semi-recouped from the trip and all that (just in time to run down to Dallas for Mom's 3rd attempt at the marriage thing).

Much thanks obviously to Troy and Wendi for having all of us there. Wendi, you did not cop a feel this year, however next time I see you I assure you there will be less to grab......lol.

I had a good time driving down and up with Mark and Strong, and my trip was overall a good one, until this happened to my headset an hour from when I was going to the airport:

dscn0980fk9.jpgdscn0991kb4.jpg

I apologize for whatever movement your dog experiended Mark.....somewhere in there is a mic cover, and an earbud (you can have them)

Hope everyone had safe travels.........I'm off to sleep. :D
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2006
    Hey, if anyone finds an extra Steely Dan Gaucho SACD and/or Natalie Merchant Ophelia CD in thier stuff (I have the empty cases) I wouldn't mind having those back.....

BDT
  • ohskigod
    edited October 2006
    TroyD wrote:
    Hey, if anyone finds an extra Steely Dan Gaucho SACD and/or Natalie Merchant Ophelia CD in thier stuff (I have the empty cases) I wouldn't mind having those back.....

BDT

good lord, happens everytime.

I checked my cd holder, with no luck. of course, I figured that since I never brought it in from the car:p worth a shot

hope it turns up dude
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• TroyD
    edited October 2006
    Eh, I'm not losing sleep over it....just if someone happens to think, hey, where did this come from?

BDT
  • univera
    univera Posts: 848
    edited October 2006
    No accusations, here, but I remember those being out when myself, Tour, Shack, and RT1 were listening. Perhaps it accidentally got stuck in one of their cd cases.
    UNIVERA
    Historic Charleston SC

2 Channel:
    SDA-SRS's RDO tweets
    Biamped Anthem 2 SE's w/1970's NOS Siemens CCA's
    Anthem Pre 2L w/E.harmonix platinum matched 6H23's
    CDP- NAD C 542

HT setup:
    AVR: NAD T 773
    Rears: Polk LC80i
    DVD: Toshiba 3109 dual tray
    Subs: Velodyne and M&K
    T.V.: Sony KDL-52XBR4 w/Vans Evers Clean Line Jr.
    Conditioner: Panamax M5100EX

Master Bedroom Sony 40KDL-XBR3

"I love it when a plan comes together." Hannibal Smith, The A-Team
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited October 2006
    Sorry folks! I've been really busy this week as well as fighting off a cold that has made me seriously tired. I've had alot of work this week for the club (yeah, I actually do work for them) to get flyers and such out the door to the printer. Hey, it makes me some nice $$$ on the side.

I'll do my best to get some photos up ASAP.

Strong (not so) Bad
    No excuses!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2006
    I've got the user id/pass ready to go for the showcase.

Troy, you have your opener / summary ready so these guys can get busy?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2006
    I'll have it to you by COB today...

BDT
  • dorokusai
    edited October 2006
    I threw those CD's out the window on the way back to Maryland.
  • ohskigod
    edited October 2006
    Mark,

you could have kept them and at least used them as coasters, reflectors on a kids bike, whatever. such waste :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited October 2006
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    I've got the user id/pass ready to go for the showcase.

Troy, you have your opener / summary ready so these guys can get busy?

Russ, can you PM me the ID/PASS I will upload some pictures when I get home around 6pm.

Thanks

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer