Looking for SDA's? Updated info here!

Comments

• hydrobud
    hydrobud Posts: 155
    edited December 2005
    if you're implying that i deliberately stepped on someones toes, you are way off base..
    i placed that bid this morning way before i seen this thread..if this person is the one bidding against me then he is actually stepping on my toes.if its not,then he should speak up and tell me and i'll retract my bid.it may get me kicked out of ebay but no sleep will be lost, i can do without ebay..unless you are his mouth piece then you can relay the message.
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    oops..double post...
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    eventhough i was the first person to bid on these,i decided to retract my bid...good luck..no bad feelings here.
  • thehaens@cox.net
    [email protected] Posts: 1,012
    edited December 2005
    JT and Hydro. I am bidding on these, and hadn't any idea that (hydro) was a forum member here. I placed my bid after catching JT's posting of them on here. I have my limit, that I am willing to pay for these, and it certainly isn't 3K.........

Since Hydro was the first bidder on these, I will stand down if you are serious about getting them. But keep in mind that I figure these will go between 1800-2400. Just a guess..

scott
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited December 2005
    Scott and Hydro I just didn't want to see a bidding war.Hydro I apologize if my posts came across harsh. These need a good home,good luck whoever gets these.
    Jim
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2005
    Here's another pair in CA...though I think they are SDA-SRS, not 1.2's.

SOLD $1,825.00

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2005
    HTrookie wrote:
    Here's another pair in CA...though I think they are SDA-SRS, not 1.2's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5838411020&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

There seems to be enough SDA's on the market recently for everyone who wants em. don't dismiss the original SDA SRS's. they rock quite nicely too. IMHO ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Ricardo
    edited December 2005
    danger boy wrote:
    There seems to be enough SDA's on the market recently for everyone who wants em. don't dismiss the original SDA SRS's. they rock quite nicely too. IMHO ;)

Sure they do....I just say that because the seller claims they are 1.2 and I do not see the screw in the back....

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    JT and Hydro. I am bidding on these, and hadn't any idea that (hydro) was a forum member here. I placed my bid after catching JT's posting of them on here. I have my limit, that I am willing to pay for these, and it certainly isn't 3K.........

Since Hydro was the first bidder on these, I will stand down if you are serious about getting them. But keep in mind that I figure these will go between 1800-2400. Just a guess..

scott

no,no,no....i already said that i am standing down..so please go right ahead.
    i just arrived home right at this moment from picking up a set of 2.3's.when i seen those 1.2's,...well what can i say,the thought of having them instead of these really appealed to me.but i figure i'm probably moving just a little to fast.i guess the whole nostalgia thing really took a hold of me.so i will hook these puppies up and enjoy them until i really feel that i need the upgrade.
    again i have no ill feelings and i understand where you were coming from JT.it's just the idiot remark kinda threw me.but i retracted and already spoke the guy.lucky for me he gave me an opening to retract my bid when he changed the description not that it really would of affected my account.we all know how ebay police's itself.good luck and i hope you get em under a grand ,though it's doubtful ,but who knows,maybe you'll get some of that christmas magic.
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited December 2005
    hydrobud wrote:
    no,no,no....i already said that i am standing down..so please go right ahead.
    good luck and i hope you get em under a grand ,though it's doubtful ,but who knows,maybe you'll get some of that christmas magic.

Thanks

We'll see what happens, I'll be putting in a bid about 10 seconds to close up to my limit and see what happens..

scott
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited December 2005
    No affil...

A great deal IMO on the BIN price of 350.00

SDA 1A
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited December 2005
    jtgranby wrote:

Ok, who was the babbling idiot that told the seller what he really has???
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited December 2005
    F1nut wrote:
    Somebody that knows a lot about Polk Speakers.I have given up on ebay. People amaze me the way they bid. :confused:
    Jim
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2005
    No affil...

A great deal IMO on the BIN price of 350.00

SDA 1A

I remember that deck and the 1Bs he had for sale. The 1 Bs were in excellent shape and weren't PAINTED black.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited December 2005
    F1nut wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, I think that little babble just added about 500 dollars to the end price. I'll see how much they are about 1 minute before close and pull the trigger on my set price I have in mind, and see what happens. I am really interested in seeing what kind of difference I am going to get compared to my 1.2's..

scott
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited December 2005
    ND13 wrote:
    I remember that deck and the 1Bs he had for sale. The 1 Bs were in excellent shape and weren't PAINTED black.

I was wondering why they were black :confused: ...guess I need not wonder no more...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    edited December 2005
    jtgranby wrote:
    Somebody that knows a lot about Polk Speakers.

Yep, that's why I think it was somebody from here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2005
    wasn't me. i would never do that...
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    F1nut wrote:

that's a good question...that kind of annoyed me..son of a ****..
  • Ricardo
    edited December 2005
    So...anyone got them??????

SOPA
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited December 2005
    That stupid **** seller canceled a $4000 bid for those 1.2tls. Somethings just not right about the whole thing.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited December 2005
    Yea, it's a big Polk Forum conspiracy to help someone on Ebay of whom you don't even know. I am pretty sure Polk Audio Forum is public access, unless something changed recently...it isn't real hard to find in a search engine.

Buyer Beware.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited December 2005
    That stupid **** seller canceled a $4000 bid for those 1.2tls. Somethings just not right about the whole thing.

4K Bid :confused: , who put that kind of coin on them?

Nevermind. I just checked my email and found that my bid was cancelled, whereas I seen that led8888 had a top bid of 4K....and that my friends goes to the most ridiculous item of the day..
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    something smells rotten in denmark....
  • ND13
    edited December 2005
    The seller ended the auction. Sure sounds like he struck a side deal to me.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited December 2005
    Makes you kinda want to bid up the next pair that led8888 bids on doesn't it.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • ND13
    edited December 2005
    I ain't gonna worry about it, I've got my SDAs and I'm quite satisfied with them.
  • hydrobud
    edited December 2005
    ND13 wrote:
    The seller ended the auction. Sure sounds like he struck a side deal to me.

that should'nt be allowed once bidding starts...
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited December 2005
    That has to be the strangest..cancel a $4000.00 bid?? WTF?
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • thehaens@cox.net
    edited December 2005
    Makes you kinda want to bid up the next pair that led8888 bids on doesn't it.

Especially if I ever want to sell my 1.2's :eek: