FS: Definitive Technology BP6B - A long shot I know

124»

Comments

• maingey
    maingey Posts: 627
    edited November 2005
    Sid, thanks for answering my questions and keeping positive.

I'm in. I dented up my car on sat afternoon when I picked up my amp....sorry, not much time since then... I'll get the money order tomorrow from my bank...I'm at work right now and can't leave again. My [email protected] send me your info...... and for the other negative comments posted the you nice people...if you don't have something nice or constructive to say........
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited November 2005
    It wasnt personal, and if you took it that way.. i apologize.. however your new and have to earn respect. It seemed people were leading trey on, so i stepped up to back him up..
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    edited November 2005
    Well I'm fairly upfront and strict in my ways. When I sale things I try to cover every base possible. That includes payment... and Im pretty strict on what I will accept, etc...

Anyways...

Maingey... consider them yours. Email coming your way shortly!

Faster,
    Thanks for the help! :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • shandrea4444
    shandrea4444 Posts: 10
    edited November 2005
    I'm just getting home from another 17 hour day without a break for a meal (my work provided my only meal, which I ate at my desk while I read cases). Unless you have been involved with a three week multimillion dollar jury trial while drafting a Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals brief for a different case and at the same time constantly responding to client's phone calls and emails, please do not lecture me about how easy it is to get a MO.

Right now I'm lucky to remember to brush my teeth in the morning, much less remember to stop at a gas station in hopes that they have MO -- which I've never seen advertized by the way. Not to mention, I'd also have to come up with the $350 in cash to get the MO, whereas with Paypal, I'd use CC as I do with all my purchases. Sure I could stop at an ATM, but that would charge me a transaction fee. It's just not worth the trouble or risk.

Feel free to sell them to whomever you please. All I'm saying is that once my life calms down, I may reconsider if they are still available.

By the way, I've been around the block enough to not trust someone solely on their word and their representation that if they didn't deliver a product they would be subject to mail fraud. While it may be illegal, I'd have to find a prosecutor on the other side of the country to prosecute and if I wanted to recover the money, I'd have to file a lawsuit in a state accross the country (which would be more expensive in itself than the MO was for).

It only takes once to be burned. I don't care who vouches for you. If you want stories about **** happening even with the most outwarly trustworthy people, I have plenty to share.
  • maingey
    edited November 2005
    True, True.

Good luck with all that. Tough stuff, but it'll pay off eventually.
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited November 2005
    Guys,

In all my time here I have never seen a post drag on so long for a pair or 300.00 non polk speakers, it could only be Sid with all these rules and regulation and **** to sell some speakers, sheeeez!!

Crj :rolleyes:
  • faster100
    edited November 2005
    I mean it man, someone buy these please.. hard luck stories don't buy speakers either :D
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • VR3
    edited November 2005
    The speakers are sold... have been sold for the last page.

You folks are the ones dragging it on.

What regulations? All I said is no canadians or paypal or CC... *rollseyes*
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • faster100
    edited November 2005
    Then mark the thread as sold and close this case :D damm im glad they sold or johnny cochran was gonna have a stroke
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • VR3
    edited November 2005
    SOLD

Is UPS open tommorow?
  • Schris22
    Schris22 Posts: 983
    edited November 2005
    wow finnaly....never realized they weren't sold...

Well bye bye thread!

Chris
    Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR502-S
    DVD Player: Pioneer DV-578A-S
    Left and Right: R50
    Center: CS1
    Rear Center: R15
    Surrounds: R30
    Subwoofer: 10'' Dayton 100 Watt
  • shandrea4444
    edited November 2005
    Yes UPS is open, just no USPS
  • VR3
    edited November 2005
    Thank you sir!

I hope things improve for you soon!

No...this thread dosnt have to die?

Hows everyones life going? The kiddies? How about the paint drying in the next room?

Nah I'm JK..
  • shandrea4444
    edited November 2005

What regulations? All I said is no canadians or paypal or CC... *rollseyes*

I'm going to drag this out a little longer in order to give advice that might prevent future sales from taking so long.

In light of the obvious length it took to sell those speakers for a very good price (reduced $50 for lack of interest), you should recognize that the restrictions were real. You also said no personal checks, which do not present any specail risk to you as long as you wait for the check to clear (a few days maybe) before you ship the merchandise. It's not that it's impossible or even difficult to get a MO, its just a hassle and it presents extra risks. Its much like asking someone to send cash through the mail and telling them that there is no risk in doing so because it would be mail fraud for someone to steal the cash. This is especially true when there is no regulating body overseeing the sale and providing insurance to the buyer in the case that the merchandize is not delivered or is not in the condition it is advertised. Cavet Emptor!

I'm not sure what you have against pay pal, but if it is the associated fees, you can do one of two things. First, you can open an account that does not accept credit cards, in which case PP doesn't charge you. Second, you can accept PP with credit card and pass the fees on the buyer. I would have been happy to pay a little extra to avoid the hassles of your restrictions.
  • VR3
    edited November 2005
    I dont think my restrictions really dragged this sale out...

The fact I posted an entry level tower on the above mentioned products competitors website to sell it dragged it out.

Lets face it, not many Polk owners/fans are looking for Def Tech speakers... of any kind.

Selling other things... that are more desireable such as Polk speakers and electronics... I usually sell them without even posting a for sale thread...

Done this on several ocasions.
  • maingey
    edited November 2005
    Thanks Sid, solid packaging, shipping and product... Thanks SId!!
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited November 2005
    congrats to both!

Sid, 3 pages of a FS item? that's the first! ;)
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • VR3
    edited November 2005
    Maingey sent the money fast and is a stand up guy through and through... shouldnt hesitate to do business with him.

Glad they arrived in one piece! Thanks again!
  • maingey
    edited November 2005
    Sid if you ever come across a def tech center that can help me out, please email me...
  • VR3
    edited November 2005
    Will do...

I recomend you do a search for the older version of the CLR 1000.

There are two types...

One with the old Vifa drivers (soft dome, etc) - and then there is one with the current drivers (aluminum, etc)...

Both go for around 100-150 + S and will be excellent matches for the BP6B, 8B, 10B, 30 (or any other DTs you get...)

The one with the aluminum will be a better match, of course... but the soft dome will work to. (Its the one I have)...

It looks something like this...
  • maingey
    edited November 2005
    Hey Sid,

Thnaks for replying. I've been watching this for a few days now and it's about to end.... I don't know how to post pics, so I'll leave the url

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5832903359&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I asked the guy for a close up of the rear tag... it has no serial number and just says model clr..... is this kosher?