Gas prices pissing you off???

Options

Comments

• jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited August 2005
    Options
    This is how pissed off I am about gas prices.

http://www.goyourway.net/p-howtouse.html
    :eek:
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited August 2005
    Options
    jrausch wrote:
    This is how pissed off I am about gas prices.
    http://www.goyourway.net/p-howtouse.html
    QUOTE]

WTH???? :eek: :D

Did you get yourself one of those? ;):p
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • CrBoy
    CrBoy Posts: 580
    edited August 2005
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    Did you get yourself one of those? ;):p

I was thinking the same... :p
    That's a nasty looking device as far as I'm concern...
    <|>
  • ND13
    edited August 2005
    Options
    CrBoy wrote:
    I was thinking the same... :p
    That's a nasty looking device as far as I'm concern...

Yeah, I kinda like the women in my life to sit while pissing, that's just me. It would really creep me out to walk in on my wife to find her standing over the toilet while taking a leak :p
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited August 2005
    Options
    ND13 wrote:
    Yeah, I kinda like the women in my life to sit while pissing, that's just me. It would really creep me out to walk in on my wife to find her standing over the toilet while taking a leak :p

This is so they can write their names in the snow like us. :D
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited August 2005
    Options
    The example pics make them look like they have a member :eek:
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • ND13
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Skynut wrote:
    This is so they can write their names in the snow like us. :D

Hey, don't you have an expensive piece of iron to go out and order today?? ;)
    Get off the damn computer and go get that diesel ordered :D .
  • hellohello
    hellohello Posts: 428
    edited August 2005
    Options
    as for gas prices, i think the Amish had the right idea all along... Horse and Buggy
    just think, no more lines at the gas station, ud only need hay, which is a farm product so farms benefit, and I do believe "Pimp my Buggy" will be a commercial success :)
    Picking ones nose signifies a strong sense of self discovery :)

System in the works: ;)
    PP 6V6 with 12ax7 pre ~ 20 watts
    15" Jensen MOD 8ohm ~ 97db SPL
    DiMarzio HS3 and/or Tone Zone S
  • CrBoy
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Mike682 wrote:
    The example pics make them look like they have a member :eek:
    That's true... it really creep me out! :eek:

That thing doesn't look very functional anyways...
    <|>
  • Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited August 2005
    Options
    CrBoy wrote:
    That's true... it really creep me out! :eek:

That thing doesn't look very functional anyways...

True....doesn't look like it holds much, especially if one uses that thing while out drinking...
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited August 2005
    Options
    "Maintaining proper tire pressure. This one kills me. We could save more gas by doing this then we could ever get out of drilling in the arctic refuge."
    It's too bad we can't drill for common sense..eh pmckeealaska?
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I check my tires everytime I wash my car or change the oil.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Options
    It's too bad we can't drill for common sense..eh pmckeealaska?

ROFLMFAO!!!!!! :D

Mandatory fuel mileage standards never work. W, trying to please everybody again, recently increased the standard. Itll have no effect.

This isnt rocket surgery. The prices are getting higher because the demand is increasing but the supply is not. Rather than trying to get the entire world to air up their tires and buy $30,000 cars that have 12 horsepower, why not just start drilling for the billions and billions of gallons of oil we have right here in this country??!? Then start building some refineries! Then maybe even a dam and nuclear plant or two.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2005
    Options
    MacLeod wrote:
    buy $30,000 cars that have 12 horsepower.

What is that 12 horsepower? Even some electric cars have been reading about have more then that.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• MacLeod
    edited August 2005
    Options
    LOL! Not much more! ;)

They have come a long way but I still would rather have my gas engine.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2005
    Options
    MacLeod wrote:
    ROFLMFAO!!!!!! :D
    why not just start drilling for the billions and billions of gallons of oil we have right here in this country??!? Then start building some refineries! Then maybe even a dam and nuclear plant or two.

They are trying to. Here is the latest U.S. Rig count from Baker Hughes:

US Rotary Rig Counts

1444 for 08/26/05
    +11 compared to 08/19/05
    +205 compared to 08/27/04
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • disneyjoe7
    edited August 2005
    Options
    MacLeod wrote:
    LOL! Not much more! ;)

They have come a long way but I still would rather have my gas engine.

Check this out (It doesn't have 12 horses that for sure)

You would need Quicktime installed first.

http://www.proev.com/Graphics/DwnLoads/tzero_corvette_drag1.mov

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• MacLeod
    edited August 2005
    Options
    WOW! Impressive.

But I wonder how much it costs?

$300,000 compared to a $40,000 Vette wouldnt be that impressive.

I still think in the future we wont be using oil at all, at least not for our cars. The technology is there its just a matter of perfecting it, making it reliable and practical then we're all set. Then we can start worrying about the "electricity shortages" we'll start hearing about from all the hippies.

• disneyjoe7
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Where did you get the 300k thing?

I think a car like that could be built for 20k +/- a little. Thinking about 4 / 5k in motor / controller 5-9k in batteries, plus some here some there.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• CrBoy
    edited August 2005
    Options
    that car is very impressive... that vette surely bite the dust!
    <|>
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I just read an article about the increased usage of ethanol in Sweden. Of course there gas is about double what it is in US because of heavy tax. Ethanol is free of tax because it is biofuel so it was about 0.50E cheaper than gas.
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2005
    Options
    disneyjoe7 wrote:
    Where did you get the 300k thing?

I think a car like that could be built for 20k +/- a little. Thinking about 4 / 5k in motor / controller 5-9k in batteries, plus some here some there.

Just a guess but I figure that since a normal hybrid goes for $30,000 and they can barley pull the hat off your head that a car with enough grunt to smoke a 350-400 hp Corvette would be a little steeper in price.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited August 2005
    Options
    "The president of OPEC said Sunday the oil cartel is concerned over the rising price of oil and will be looking at ways to ease prices at a September meeting.

Sheik Ahmed Fahd Al Ahmed Al Sabah, who is also Kuwait's oil minister, said in a statement that the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries will be exploring various options to keep crude prices at moderate levels at its Sept. 19 meeting in Vienna.

The statement, which was carried by Kuwait's state-run news agency, did not say what the options were.

Oil prices reached record highs on the New York Mercantile Exchange last week, hovering below $68 a barrel before the close of trading Friday.

The spike occurred amid fears that Hurricane Katrina would disrupt American oil and natural gas production in the Gulf of Mexico.

But crude oil futures ended up closing Friday slightly down at $66.13 a barrel from their record highs as it became clear the hurricane would not effect the refineries.

"We are becoming increasingly concerned at the continuing high level of oil prices, which does not properly reflect the underlying fundamentals of the market," Sheik Ahmed said in his statement.

Sheik Ahmed said oil supplies were "plentiful" and that OPEC has been producing 1.5 million barrels per day more than needed during the third quarter of 2005.

Existing spare capacity in OPEC countries, together with new capacity additions early next year, will be more than able to cover the growing demand throughout the coming winter and in 2006, he added.

Much of the new capacity will be provided by OPEC and non-OPEC members using lighter crudes in demand by the market, he said.

Based on such fundamentals, Sheik Ahmed said he expected some price moderation instead of further rises."

Just goes to prove that the high gas prices are result of nothing more than the greed of the mother **** oil companies, which have all posted record profits this year. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• CrBoy
    edited August 2005
    Options
    You got that right F1nut...
    They play around with the prices because there is nothing we can do about it (other than stop using oil)... They made up excuses from dust to raise the prices and **** everybody up... Obviously they're making zillions of dollares, especially when their production cost is ALWAYS the same...

**** them all, i'm going to buy a donkey and sell my car...
    <|>
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2005
    Options
    This is a repeat comment as I posted this in the katrina post,

"dad said that he heard that this is going to have a windfall effect on gas prices, anywhere form 50 cents to 1 dollar increase in prices at the pump. Better fill up while you can is all I can say."

I was told that hawaii had put a cap on retail prices at the pump, anybody other than me heard of this?
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I've been saying they have a big part of it all along now. The futures are manipulated the the power behind the scenes - ie the Wall Street gurus...
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited September 2005
    Options
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    Options
    F1nut wrote:
    "The president of OPEC said Sunday the oil cartel is concerned over the rising price of oil and will be looking at ways to ease prices at a September meeting.

Sheik Ahmed Fahd Al Ahmed Al Sabah, who is also Kuwait's oil minister, said in a statement that the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries will be exploring various options to keep crude prices at moderate levels at its Sept. 19 meeting in Vienna.

"We are becoming increasingly concerned at the continuing high level of oil prices, which does not properly reflect the underlying fundamentals of the market," Sheik Ahmed said in his statement.

Sheik Ahmed said oil supplies were "plentiful" and that OPEC has been producing 1.5 million barrels per day more than needed during the third quarter of 2005.

Existing spare capacity in OPEC countries, together with new capacity additions early next year, will be more than able to cover the growing demand throughout the coming winter and in 2006, he added.

Just goes to prove that the high gas prices are result of nothing more than the greed of the mother **** oil companies, which have all posted record profits this year. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes sirree bub!!!!!
  • ND13
    edited September 2005
    Options
    F1nut wrote:

Yes sirree bub!!!!!
  • landry_p2000
    landry_p2000 Posts: 1,313
    edited September 2005
    Options
    $3.29 at some gas stations! Holy ****! I am getting a bicycle or an electric scooter, since I only work 3 miles from my house. :D
    Main Set-up: 55" 120 hz Samsung LN55B650, Onkyo TX-SR806, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva XPA-2, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-S560, Apple TV (160g), Panamax M5300-PM, Polk Audio CSi5, RTi10's, FXi3's, RTi4's, and SVS PB12 Plus

Bedroom: Panasonic 50" S2 Plasma and Panasonic BD65 blu-ray player, Onkyo TX-SR707, Emotiva XPA-3, Emotiva UPA-2, KEF IQ7's, IQc, IQ8Ds, and SVS PB10-ISD