Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,097
    Options

x8q00hx1a8cv.png
    John Deere 3032E
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,486
    Options
    It's not like I think her tractor is sexy....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,370
    Options
    Victrola at the local Disc Replay. Nice condition. Owner said it still works though problems with speed. We are afflicted with TMS here (too much stuff) so I passed on it.

8x2r2bri5svz.jpg
    r8prqhm6cygt.jpg
    l0mow8hxejw0.jpg
    qyv8bbbyx237.jpg
    o8b11xkiuodm.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,686
    Options
    Is it still under warranty ?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,603
    Options
    Dang!
    Neat piece! TMS is a real thing. Hard to justify bringing in more stuff just to look pretty.

Were you considering repairing it or modifying it to run a modern TT at all? Maybe for 10 or 15 seconds, or a head slap from your wife?
    I disabled signatures.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,370
    edited May 8
    Options
    msg wrote: »

Were you considering repairing it or modifying it to run a modern TT at all? Maybe for 10 or 15 seconds, or a head slap from your wife?

If the arm and platter were missing I'd consider sticking a TT in there.

If I bring in more stuff the wife just requires compensation in the form of jewelery or a designer purse. I'm pushing things already with more than 300 LP's in the living room, gotta tread carefully!

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,922
    Options
    Someone has removed the original finish, ruining it and any value it had. The exterior should look like the inside of the lift top.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    edited May 8
    Options
    Could you forge it, though?
    Just wondering.
    (edt: I do mean you specifically.)
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Could you forge it, though?
    Just wondering.
    (edt: I do mean you specifically.)

Yep

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    Great pics Mark

President of Club Polk

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,584
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Why in the house?

Because I live under Satan's but sack (Central FL) and is easier and more comfortable to assemble them inside. 😁
  • CH46E
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Like Tom said, you needed a wingnut driver. :)

qp05dzrdekr7.png

Had many for my storm shutter. Man when a hurricane came you could sell them for $50.00 all day if you wanted.
  • CH46E
    Options
    I can't wait to get restarted on my babies. Part of me thinks I should have just left them alone. 😂 😭
    mhwrw1a0ygc7.png
    d1j12ft0u06f.png
  • msg
    Options
    @mhardy6647 - I agree with above, Mark - those are exceptionally great photos! Love the little pictorial theme in addition to the snaps quality and composition.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,196
    edited May 8
    Options
    Thank you both! I am not a very good photographer; I am more of the monkeys with typewriters school of photography. But I keep trying (the bar being much lower when there's no need to buy or process film).
    I saw the female on the feeder, got the camera to take a few snaps, and then the male barged in.
    The whole tableau played out in about 45 seconds. I took a bunch of photos -- as implied above; that's the best thing about digital photography. :)

The female, by the way, flew over to the other oriole feeder we have out. B)

• msg
    Options
    Two things...
    1. You're too modest.
    and B. You dirty, dirty old man!
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I saw the female on the feeder, got the camera to take a few snaps, and then the male barged in.
    The whole tableau played out in about 45 seconds. I took a bunch of photos

I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Oh yeah, I remember when I was learning, having picked up the hobby when digital was still pretty poor quality and not quite as accessible. Late 90s, early 2000s. What did Fuji cost back then? About $2.50 to $3 a roll? plus another ten bucks for double prints at Ritz? I made a few friends there, and there was this one dude who always processed my photos. He was really good, and made just the right amount of corrections. I learned a lot from those people. I think most people didn't realize that it was a good tech who was making their photos pop :) dude was an arteeste.

But yeah, that was e'spensive! That was where my side job fundage went before I stumbled into this snakepit.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,335
    Options
    Hard to justify bringing in more stuff just to look pretty

Used to say the same thing to the wife regarding her cosmetic purchases
    "Why throw good money after bad ?" , I'd tell her.

I should say ex-wife. 🤔
    Sal Palooza
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,182
    edited May 8
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    7fphac2iqn1e.png

His real name is Peter Dingus Sr . But his five friends simply call him Little Dick
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,737
    Options
    My guess would be: "Urethra Scalp"
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,983
    edited May 9
    Options
    No, it’s not 1987, it’s actually 2024 last weekend.

Just think of the fun these young ladies missed out on hanging out at a college campus near them for this..

xoout4wqoqnm.jpeg

• msg
    Options
    ^^^ lolol
    I disabled signatures.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,894
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    7fphac2iqn1e.png

Richard Scalp?
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,196
    Options
    Two things...
    1. You're too modest.

you forgot iii. Jimmy Stewart and his Exacta in Hitchcock's Rear Window. B)

oijfypypgtgd.jpg
  • msg
    Options
    Two things...
    1. You're too modest.

you forgot iii. Jimmy Stewart and his Exacta in Hitchcock's Rear Window. B)

oijfypypgtgd.jpg

Ha, that's right, that would definitely be considered creepy these days. Was it back then? Or did he just get a pass because he was Jimmy Stewart?
    I disabled signatures.