Options

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,091
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    zbxsqlvherd2.jpeg

https://youtu.be/-zBAwz66wWY?si=5ww7GQiKBUivnhra
    Jane Siberry's song -- but the Jennys' version is incandescent. :)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,295
    edited April 27
    Options
    ^^Beautiful, brings to mind back in the day sitting on the bank of the Current River down in Van Buren, Missouri at night, and listening to the songs from the Baptist camp from a mile or so upstream .
    Couldn't really distinguish the words but my goodness them folks could really harmonize. 🤗😇
    {sigh} Good times 🤗
    Sal Palooza
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,705
    Options
    the Current River

As opposed to the PREVIOUS river?
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 27
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    the Current River

"No man [person] ever steps in the same river twice" - Heraclitus
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    io8abzfs3ij6.png

^^^ Working sketch for an unpublished Dr. Seuss book.
    Cf. ...
    5de0sx8dbogp.jpg

meanwhile, elsewhere on the wide world of web...

btr8bnm7flhh.jpg

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,705
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    the Current River

She's a WHAAAATTT???? :o
  • mrbigbluelight
    edited April 27
    Options
    the Current River

I believe that HairyClitus was from Australia if I'm not mistaken 🤔

Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    the Current River

They thought about naming it the COULOMB river but they couldn't agee on the spelling.
    (Coulomb, Coloumb....?)
    Sal Palooza
  • mhardy6647
    edited April 27
    Options
    the Current River

They thought about naming it the COULOMB river but they couldn't agee on the spelling.
    (Coulomb, Coloumb....?)

Yes. Coulomb (= 1 ampere-second).
    Oh, I'm gettin' a charge outta this one. B)
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,154
    Options
    gu67j77xze3l.png

Colette, l'un des plus grands écrivains français, passa ses étés sur la plage de la Touesse à Saint-Coulomb de 1910 à 1926. • © Collection Centre d'études Colette
  • skipshot12
    skipshot12 Posts: 1,017
    Options
    ^ That’s a damn nice looking burger….
    Yes please.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
    Options
    8mhaeoxr04nn.png

Whoa, I got all excited for a minute....tire warmers in the background, front tire worn to the edge on the "Ducati" then I'm thinking, waaait a minute........YZF...Identify this
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    Sometimes you just need an old fashioned cheeseburger 🍔. It was probably the best I've ever made.

saf5d4m42pkr.jpg

You had me at sesame seed bun

Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    Inspired by CH46E's burger, poached eggs over homemade potatoes/onions with pepperjack cheese..

vir5vfhdc0at.jpg

• mhardy6647
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,855
    Options
    A truly iconic car.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    34qanmqsoaox.jpeg

(ASR)

Doc! You're are on a roll!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,154
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    8mhaeoxr04nn.png

Whoa, I got all excited for a minute....tire warmers in the background, front tire worn to the edge on the "Ducati" then I'm thinking, waaait a minute........YZF...Identify this

That's why I thought this was amusing.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    34qanmqsoaox.jpeg

(ASR)

Doc! You're are on a roll!

Or you could send the wife shopping for
    Pic I took in Alabama

ljr7njpceka8.png
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    A store you may or may not have a place to sit
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    bi4dp48wfb6k.jpg

yzh59lrfitk6.jpg

Damn Irishmen!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Looking for something else entirely, I happened to stumble across a review of ol' Doc Bose's first commercial product, from the Jan. 1967 issue of High Fidelity:
    Here's the beginning of it, to whet all y'all's appetites to read more. B)
    2o00u8ay7a09.jpg
    source: https://www.worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/Archive-High-Fidelity/60s/High-Fidelity-1967-01.pdf (the review appears on pp78-79 of the issue)

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,347
    Options
    w089nu5847in.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn