edited March 22
    Options
    Local Facebook ad, $22K

d4riyk79e8xm.png
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,277
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    WOW that is PINK!!! You'd look FABULOUS in it Ken..... B)

Fixed 👍🤗

...not that that's a bad thing

Sal Palooza
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,134
    Options
    Ken...............

2eouddapicp7.png
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,134
    Options
    The BBC had an article today about a photographer (Jill Furmanovsky) that took pictures of rock artists a while ago. Two of the shots I really liked:

Sinead was stunning.

d3v9flwhel5q.png

Charlie was......Charlie.

85yz5ail2ha3.png

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    8fw82qmpgqtw.png

Truth ! We used to have a cat in the neighborhood who would come and sit about a foot outside chain length from our Treeing Walker coonhounds way back when I was a kid. Dad fixed that cat one day by adding two feet to the chain. That cat levitated about 10' into the air, when it hit the ground it was kicking up rocks for about 6 yards down the neighborhood. It was never seen in our yard again....
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    ^^^Excellent! Arrogant pukes, with few exceptions.
    I disabled signatures.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    I'm not ordering Calamari at this joint ever again.

yf4rr3csf1cw.png
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Things are starting to look up....

rcfxjy03eh1x.png
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    Options
    Mrs. H's Honda was at the dealership today for some service (and a detailing that had been scheduled before we knew about the weekend's weather forecast*.
    This was sitting out on the parking lot. I love these things.

53604838718_54f262632d_b.jpg
    53604625496_e81f1873bd_b.jpg
    53605087150_f185c1cfb7_b.jpg

13 inch wheels. Remember those? B)

• msg
    Options
    I haven't seen one of those in a long time.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    That's almost as bad as this fugly POS.

f8sig0esusfy.jpeg
  • mhardy6647
    edited March 22
    Options
    ^^^ That's what I'm talkin' about!
    That was a Toyota Tercel variant, wasn't it?
    One of the Tappet Brothers (EDIT: Tappet Brother Ray Magliozzi, per Google) claimed to have had, if memory serves, a Dodge Colt Vista. Not quite as much panache as the above, but still on the spectrum. :)
    nnpu7w8q8avq.jpg

EDIT: I suffered a catastrophic water pump failure in my '84 Chevy Cavalier hatchback one day driving to work in Cambridge, MA. Our purchasing agent's boyfriend was a mechanic in the garage next to our company's extremely modest HQ building in Cambridgeport. She got him to fix it for me. I only found out after I picked up the car that he worked in the (the) "Good News Garage", which was, as I understood it, operated as a sort of mechanics' co-op under the aforementioned Magliozzis.

• maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,520
    Options
    Nice Civic wagon! I wonder what Ray is up to.
  • msg
    Options
    Was it both of them who had crazy laughs, or just one? I used to get a good laugh at with those guys when I'd listen sometimes.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Was it both of them who had crazy laughs, or just one? I used to get a good laugh at with those guys when I'd listen sometimes.

Ray was the noisier one. I guess Tom was deteriorating due to cognitive decline for his last few years. Heck, even their reruns are better to listen to than much current programming. Yeah -- I'm old.

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,510
    Options
    A photo of Sonny Rollins and Dizzy taken by John Abbot:

okb3vi1e10og.png

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    wgo3gocfnue3.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    iftgw4w20qte.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,345
    Options
    Finally, a weather report that's accurate! Only took humankind between five million and seven million years to pull off. Bravo Larry!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    u9go202lfdpk.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    edited March 24
    Options
    we had some snow flurries yesterday (Saturday)... :#
    53608259636_027576ff3d_b.jpg
    22 inches of flurries. B)
    53608597469_94b83ee32d_b.jpg
    There was no snow at all on the ground on Friday night when we went to bed.
    Snow plow came twice yesterday and a third time this morning. :|

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    That'll cool the turkeys down a bit
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    wgo3gocfnue3.jpg

That looks a bit like Mt Rainier....When I lived up there, we'd see a cloud over the peak quite often, of course not quite as cool as this though.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    For all my fellow physical media fans (you know who you are… and aren’t, lol).

3zf8aw4p3iwx.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn