Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,938
    Options
    w14j3yyunch7.jpg

A rare picture of the album during the day..
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
    Options
    This is a shot of Portland raceway, AKA PIR, which is a clockwise track with 5 RH turns to 4 LH'ers. Of course T-1 is a double apexer but the fast bikes make a single apex out of it B)

Take a close look at the punishment the right side of the rear tire takes. And these are 10 to 12 lap sprints on brand new skins. My 750 in this pic weighed less than 350lbs and had 146hp at the rear.

ikaouoylmt09.jpg

Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,068
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    d69ahjvrpcp2.jpg

Just keep that Prius away from Satin and all will be well.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,475
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    This is a shot of Portland raceway, AKA PIR, which is a clockwise track with 5 RH turns to 4 LH'ers. Of course T-1 is a double apexer but the fast bikes make a single apex out of it B)

Take a close look at the punishment the right side of the rear tire takes. And these are 10 to 12 lap sprints on brand new skins. My 750 in this pic weighed less than 350lbs and had 146hp at the rear.
    ikaouoylmt09.jpg
    Yoiks!
    Geoff, what did you guys do for new tire break-in in those days? Did they use mould releasing compound or was it different for race tires? I remember rolling out of my driveway after my first set of new tires - I didn't even get on the gas, only slowly let out the clutch, and the rear went squirrelly!
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    055q5pywo1im.png
    Hey, what're you tryin'a pull here, Larry?
    4k2970wl0hre.png

I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,832
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Saw this outside a restaurant......
    irhytmnx33qx.png
    50hy2587hzfi.png
    The back end looked pretty much like the front and had a paper plate on it.....brandnew. I didn't get to see the car drive away, I looked up and it was gone....
    That's fake. It's got a weird bumper, the gaps don't line up, and doesn't even have headlights!

No, serious @msg Scott, it was a legit vehicle. It was parked there when we pulled up, but I didn't get it to see it drive away.

He's playing off a post I made about a fake Chevy pickup.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    Options
    Saw this outside a restaurant......
    irhytmnx33qx.png
    50hy2587hzfi.png
    The back end looked pretty much like the front and had a paper plate on it.....brandnew. I didn't get to see the car drive away, I looked up and it was gone....
    That's fake. It's got a weird bumper, the gaps don't line up, and doesn't even have headlights!
    No, serious @msg Scott, it was a legit vehicle. It was parked there when we pulled up, but I didn't get it to see it drive away.
    hehe, I know, I was jus' skiddin'
    I was just repurposing one of Jesse's posts from that weird similar looking one a page or so back :pB)
    F1nut wrote: »
    That pic is fake. The front bumper is tilted down, yet everything is straight!?! Suuuure!
    Then look at front panel/hood, they don't match up. Also, there's no headlights and there's no opening for air flow to the radiator.

I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Sharp, Jesse, sharp! Can't get anything by you!
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,376
    Options
    Except perfect hair....rat bastage....

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,116
    Options
    4k2970wl0hre.png

I don't care to know the answer to that question...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    This satin lamp has power.
    oc6yezys76mw.png
    Looks frajeel-ay.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    edited March 12
    Options
    4k2970wl0hre.png
    I don't care to know the answer to that question...
    bgqa06lhjvfn.png
    ^^^I stole'ded that one from @Geoff4rfc
    I disabled signatures.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    Yoiks!
    Geoff, what did you guys do for new tire break-in in those days? Did they use mould releasing compound or was it different for race tires? I remember rolling out of my driveway after my first set of new tires - I didn't even get on the gas, only slowly let out the clutch, and the rear went squirrelly!

Ah, we just mounted the new tires and put the tire warmers on them. They'd still have the stickers on them. You get a "sighting" lap before the start which you could use to scrub them in some, but they were pretty much ready to rock. You can see the wear by the edge from spinning up the rear. The edge would be green and purple at the end of the race from burning out the compound. I chose a soft front and a medium rear most of the time.

But yeah, way back in the day when I rode on the street, I'd take a file to the new tires to get them scuffed a bit.
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

He's playing off a post I made about a fake Chevy pickup.

Lol, I figured. In fact, I even thought about your post when I was looking at this vehicle, I'm like, crap, this I'll fly on the forum.....

• Geoff4rfc
    Options
    Most positions gained in a race...ever!! Due to being held up from getting fitted with a helmet cam and missing my warmup lap, I was forced to start from pit exit while giving the entire field of 40+ bikes a rolling head start.

Once the last bike's rear axle crossed the start/finish line, the flagger waved me off.....the result???? Went from dead last to 7th place with my eye on a couple more positions on the last lap....grabbed my two downshifts at the end of the straight, the transmission went into a false neutral, before I could grab the clutch, it dropped into second when I should've been in 4th, and it spit me off doing 120mph.

Minor damage to the bike and to me (I wasn't just a pro racer, I was also a pro crasher :D ). Gotter fixed up to make the next race that same afternoon.

The pic you're about to see will show me passing on the outside and while not recommended due to the guy in front of you could fall and take you out, sometimes exceptions just had to be made ;)......for your viewing pleasure.....

d8qfeza21h0z.png

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,287
    Options
    ......but she's been getting results. 😳
    Sal Palooza
  • Mike Kozak
    Mike Kozak Posts: 930
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    6l2r4ku9w20g.png

Had a 75lb female, great dog, so well trained
  • Mike Kozak
    Mike Kozak Posts: 930
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Youse guyses are too kind, actually.
    I was taught to respect my elders, I believe you fall into that category...

😁😉😁

please see yourself out!
  • mhardy6647
    edited March 13
    Options
    0pk4413jovf3.jpg

Reckon that this VW sees a pretty woman and then turns into a stretch limo?
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,388
    Options
    I know that dog. Been there ate a dog and seen the W. LOL That from my town.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Wouldn't want to be rear ended by this.
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    0pk4413jovf3.jpg

• mhardy6647
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    Wouldn't want to be rear ended by this.
    0pk4413jovf3.jpg

ivjoai0ra8ns.gif

meanwhile elsewhere on the wide world of web...
    saw this and thought of... well... you know...
    bz7d52stbkx1.png
    someone.
    B)
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,007
    Options
    891t7vza9gws.jpg
    Perhaps only a few mV, but that's some power.
    cwzmukgntee4.jpg
    02kwg4hrnpbw.jpg
    qgljwp9072g1.jpg
    (BTW, not my cartridges...although I wouldn't turn one down B) )

Also, I'm wondering about that thing on the left side of the church's sign. Is that a walking stick, indicating only a certain type of member is accepted, or is it supposed to be a shepherd's staff?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • msg
    Options
    Maybe a shepherd's thing-a-ma-jig?
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    8n1wgfwq08if.jpg

I almost mistook that for Whistler's Mother. Dang near identical.
    I disabled signatures.