Options

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    vsr7xyuqmdzu.png
    1963 Jaguar

Needs a few more lights…
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    I've always wanted a Mk II Jag. @msg , apart from the electrics what did you think of it? The failings of Lucas electrics seems to have legendary status in this country, but I owned several cars with them and did not have problems. I did have problems, however, with AC Delco electrics on GM cars.

Oh, I was just kidding. I actually had a proper and thoughtful message to @BlueBirdMusic 's photo, but accidentally backed on my phone browser and dumped it. I actually like these older curvy cars. I'll post back better later, not that it'll be profound or anything, just some passing thoughts on that one.
    I disabled signatures.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    Back when you DROVE a car not rode in one!
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,134
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    I've always wanted a Mk II Jag. @msg , apart from the electrics what did you think of it? The failings of Lucas electrics seems to have legendary status in this country, but I owned several cars with them and did not have problems. I did have problems, however, with AC Delco electrics on GM cars.

Oh, I was just kidding. I actually had a proper and thoughtful message to @BlueBirdMusic 's photo, but accidentally backed on my phone browser and dumped it. I actually like these older curvy cars. I'll post back better later, not that it'll be profound or anything, just some passing thoughts on that one.

You, just kidding? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.
  • msg
    Options
    You, just kidding being serious? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.
    Fixed it for you B):D
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    968ss7vv8362.jpg

That cannot be unseen...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    tkqo988buzim.jpg

All you need is a Crown amp

And ear plugs.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    Options
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited February 29
    Options
    Hey now... :D

Maybe guys like me with old ears can't hear the bad. :)B)

I loved a pr. of rare Cerwin-Vega 280 SE that I re-foamed the woofers in and then sold to make space. They had a felt front face to them. They sounded great to me!

Then a year or so later, an old friend gave me those VS120s and I re-foamed their woofers. Still have them and they sound great to me too.

I think I see VS120s.
    2nd pair from the ends in that pic. above.

Check out the reviews online. They're pretty well received.
    http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/cerwin-vega/vs-120.html
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    jifrrk5b68h1.jpg

Five minutes???? That's got to be one frustrated Operator.....
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • msg
    Options
    DUMP!
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    Have you seen Junior's . . . grade?
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    cwvp2ou5zf72.jpeg

What purpose the curve serve here?? It looks like a high banking on a race track but clearly encompasses the 2 laner down below....I've never seen one of these on public roads.....
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 29
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    daddyjt wrote: »
    cwvp2ou5zf72.jpeg

What purpose the curve serve here?? It looks like a high banking on a race track but clearly encompasses the 2 laner down below....I've never seen one of these on public roads.....

I’m not a skateboarder by any means, but this looks like what they call a Darwin ramp. It’s used by kids whose parents told them to go play on the freeway.

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    yz0t1mjtcjo9.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    Options
    48yd92l2j2tm.jpg

Another version.

9n8df7pwkvta.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA