Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    i5dis5wdmu2j.png

That's like driving on the parkway and parking on the driveway.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    I haven't fact checked this quote, but regardless, I think it is very poignant.
    4spg9pcwc3lh.jpg
    That is electronic signature material IMO.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    An audiophile is a person who has great interest in High Fidelity audio reproduction.

This can include but is not limited to music collections, gear, optimization, analness and more but mainly involves listening to the very best of musical reproduction that one can afford.

Alan is correct with some audiophiles but that statement does many an audiophile injustice and presents an unjustified judging that is simply not true.

If one wanted to listen to the gear, that is their prerogative but I personally listen to the music, trying to extract every ounce of a High Fidelity reproductive effort out of said music possible.

However it's possible...

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    Who's Bob Ross?
    Hangs out with Kennedy.
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Who's Bob Ross?
    Hangs out with Kennedy.

Which one?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    Who's Bob Ross?
    Hangs out with Kennedy.

Which one?

Most of them at this point...
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Who's Bob Ross?
    Hangs out with Kennedy.

Which one?

The one from South Park.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    edited February 23
    Options
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    sneakery cows.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,159
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    rwae7pq1vgn2.jpg

When a guy tells his wife he's going golfing, then slips down to the basement.....
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • SeleniumFalcon
    Options
    Do you think they were getting ready to tile the wall behind the stereo, had just troweled the adhesive on and noticed things sounded better and stopped?
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    8fmxy2xe3gx2.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    ET has lost some weight.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,522
    Options
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    Effects of whatever was in those cans.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    edited February 23
    Options
    Our numbers-minded colleagues @ ASR are on fire* today

6s0qfth9mlxw.png
    h8ivns4rq1xa.jpg
    lilv9kc2xqwu.jpg
    1t8znfiie0r6.jpg
    v8l8oc6taii6.jpg

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    0igtebvjouft.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    0igtebvjouft.jpg

What kind of Tom foolery is this?
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    Indian army unit Tornadoes set a record of 58 riders.

9ame1oe8rhfo.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Wow, should have known. Ever see their trains? People packed on the front, sides, top and bottom. The train is barely recognizable as a train.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    Indian army unit Tornadoes set a record of 58 riders.

9ame1oe8rhfo.png

Would be fun watching them try and split lanes in a Los Angeles rush hour…
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson