Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,342
    Options
    muodvczkor85.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,119
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    muodvczkor85.jpeg

Cigarette tax, re-sale tax, carbon tax, alcohol tax, taxes on social security, and on and on and on…. And let’s not even start on fees, fines and levies.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,070
    Options
    two from ASR today that I liked...
    pyva8b9jqb4l.jpg
    ohe1fzz339ic.jpg
    oops. Make that three.
    ni58ggca2bub.jpeg

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,084
    Options
    RIP
    Chuck Mawhinney, the Deadliest Sniper in Marine Corps History, Dies at 75
    tx8fb1113tox.png
    It wasn't until 1991 that the world learned of Marine Corps veteran Charles Benjamin "Chuck" Mawhinney's 103 confirmed kills during his time deployed to Vietnam in the late 1960s. That count made him not only the deadliest sniper of the Vietnam War, but also the deadliest sniper ever to serve in the Marine Corps. But Mawhinney never mentioned his exploits or record to friends or family; it only came out because a fellow sniper wrote a book giving him the title.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    muodvczkor85.jpeg

Cigarette tax, re-sale tax, carbon tax, alcohol tax, taxes on social security, and on and on and on…. And let’s not even start on fees, fines and levies.

Ain't that the truth...plus Rrsp, you invest taxed money only to be taxed again when you withdraw.
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 17
    Options
    nr1t40dj6g2h.jpg
    Another "green" transportation option, although this doesn't seem to get nearly as much press as things like eBikes and light rail. Go figure.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,697
    Options
    It's called "Kneepads".
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,353
    Options
    For the only one drink a day folks.

1v52awtnlb3t.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,385
    Options
    That's either a small mama bear or the biggest Salmon I have ever seen. Wow.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,834
    Options
    Eatin' well in the neighborhood
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,516
    edited February 17
    Options
    Salmon sashimi for two by the river.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    When I went salmon fishing in Alaska around Kenai, I did crack a salmon and eat raw….so fresh, the salmon still had sea leaches on them from high tide into the rivers
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • treitz3
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »
    That's either a small mama bear or the biggest Salmon I have ever seen. Wow.

This got my curiosity going, so I looked it up. Chinook/King salmon are the largest salmon and get up to 58 inches (1.5 meters) long and 126 pounds.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,288
    edited February 18
    Options
    "58 inches (1.5 meters) long and 126 pounds"
    That would translate to 0.0073232323 furlong and 9 stones

Tom, in the future please use units that the average American can relate to.
    🤔👍
    Sal Palooza
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,388
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    When I went salmon fishing in Alaska around Kenai, I did crack a salmon and eat raw….so fresh, the salmon still had sea leaches on them from high tide into the rivers

Ya...no... I was with ya untill the leaches
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    Not stagnant freshwater leaches.
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,480
    Options
    So, the good kinda leaches, then?
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options

🤔👍

This may be the single finest post I've seen on this august forum.
    And that is saying something. :D
  • treitz3
    Options

🤔👍

Okay, no problem.

58 - The apparent average IQ of an American who votes.

1.5 meters - The preferred length of a digital cable or Ron Jeremy's member. You decide. 😉

126 pounds - More than most of the women I dated throughout my life.

Did I get an "A" on my term report MBBL? The other stuff I read the Cliff notes on Wikipedia.....

Tom
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    So, the good kinda leaches, then?

gu6k1gzrc3jb.png
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 19
    Options
    hirudin
    https://medicine.uiowa.edu/iowaprotocols/medicinal-leech-therapy-anticoagulation-protocols

As snakes were to Indy Jones, so were leeches to Bogey's Charlie Allnut.
    b9its0mivicm.jpg