edited January 23
    Options
    ^^^
    Very, very nice.
    Alfred Hitchcock would approve.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Excellent photo. We are all melted (except for the plowed mounds) here on the west side of Oregon.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    edited January 24
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    cmqzh7ncl7xj.jpg

I think that just might be the same dog that's in the fish-eye photo I posted earlier, after a few too many retakes of the photo were demanded of it. ;)
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    Did we do a finger count after this pict???
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    Continuing with dogs...

6cn2s7ki8xkb.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • SCompRacer
    Options
    pkmqlah1l3cu.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    edited January 24
    Options
    Gene Simmons' dog?

2fpl2siyrdsk.jpg

• soundfreak1
    Options
    pkmqlah1l3cu.jpg

Mess wit me....I'll wear you like a hat!
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • soundfreak1
    Options
    I thought he was wearing a cat-skin hat.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 24
    Options
    Continuing with dogs...

6cn2s7ki8xkb.jpg

Shouldn't this pupper have a patch on that eye? :p
    (the closed one, that is)
  • SCompRacer
    Options
    Car art in the world...

Texas.

tj2f7ltbqz2o.jpg

France.

o4kih2097b41.jpg

Mexico.

6okdf6gucw6h.jpg

Nebraska.

u5ykfshkl2w7.jpg

Canada.

iu7dm7wjhlgd.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Yeah, I head that on NPR tonight.
    Note the last sentence -- the Embassy, reputation to the contrary, does have a sense of ahem humour. ;)

I have to say, I have this urge to brew up a really, really stong pot of Assam and try the 'pinch of salt' thing... after all, I am a scientist.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,136
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Yeah, I head that on NPR tonight.
    Note the last sentence -- the Embassy, reputation to the contrary, does have a sense of ahem humour. ;)

I have to say, I have this urge to brew up a really, really stong pot of Assam and try the 'pinch of salt' thing... after all, I am a scientist.

Let us know how long the projectile vomiting lasts.
  • maxward
    Options
    It was just a week ago that Clive Coffee posted (on Instagram) that some coffees can benefit from a pinch of salt. It supposedly knocks the bitter edge from the taste.
  • maxward
    Options
    The Jeep being disgorged from the belly of the Convair is a dead ringer for my Dad’s first cabinet delivery truck. Multiple trips were required to deliver a set of kitchen cabinets. He soon got a pickup when the business got off the ground.
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    A few years ago, we toured the U.S.S. Midway aircraft carier in San Diego bay, before dining on the deck. We had booked the entire ship for the evening ceremonies. It was quite an eye opener to visit below decks, and as you say, not recommended for tall people. 🤕

The tour guides, some of whom had served on the vessel when it was deployed, were very passionate about its capabilities.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    On another occasion, we toured the Osprey aircraft at Miramar, before dining in the officers’ quarters, along with some of the officers. Another absolutely fascinating experience that inspires confidence in the intelligence and careful judgement of the people tasked with protecting us and the rest of the world.

I’d post some pics, but that was before we switched to iPhones… 😢
    Alea jacta est!
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,004
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    On another occasion, we toured the Osprey aircraft at Miramar, before dining in the officers’ quarters, along with some of the officers.
    My wife and I ate Jersey Mike's subs in the snack area before touring the USS NC :|
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    I watched the original "Top Gun" with about 150 Navy/Marine Aviators... It was fun to hear them yelling "BULLSCHITT!!!" in unison every 45 seconds...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    I watched the original "Top Gun" with about 150 Navy/Marine Aviators... It was fun to hear them yelling "BULLSCHITT!!!" in unison every 45 seconds...

I watched "Saving Private Ryan" with my parents and my father said that no one ever used the F-word around him even once while he was in WWII from 1942 -1947. :p
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »

I watched "Saving Private Ryan" with my parents and my father said that no one ever used the F-word around him even once while he was in WWII from 1942 -1947. :p

That's what fathers do when they are teaching their sons. They lie through their teeth to set a good example and raise you right. Reality is a whole other can of worms.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~