Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »

That's a LOT of free time!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Came home from church today & noticed some odd "tracks" in the back yard. B)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazca_Lines (?)
    gvasqaq1ex8m.jpg

I'm pretty sure that was some cowboy practicing his lassoing skills and his rope got away from him a couple of times......
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,961
    Options
    ukisev0cs3zi.png

Stellavox
    Stellafox
    Stillafox

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,459
    Options
    Weed. Good.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,109
    edited January 22
    Options
    Saw this on Flickr and I found several aspects of this photo amusing. Maybe it's just me.

53479726508_c850254ab4_b.jpgUntitled by Kenneth Kantor, on Flickr

PS Photo by Ken Kantor -- whom some of you may remember. He's made some loudspeakers now and again. B)
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,139
    Options
    For some reason, I feel sorry for the poor crabs…
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,886
    Options
    For some reason, I feel sorry for the poor crabs…

But not the live oysters in shells...come on now, you're not being inclusive OIS matter
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    wzpfsbymggj1.jpg

(ASR)
    I mean, let the guy get his wiener-work done... jeez, Louise.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    53480751915_176cc8047f_b.jpgVintage Advertisement 491 - Arrow White Shirt - 1950s by Johnny El-Rady, on Flickr

Gen. George Custer was rumored to have been a celebrity endorser for Arrow Shirts. :#
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    In retrospect, Elon's flamethrower venture seems rather quaint.
    53480329581_e8f57fef9b_h.jpgIncredible Inventions 139 - Snow Burners - 1925 by Johnny El-Rady, on Flickr
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,862
    Options
    Saw this on Flickr and I found several aspects of this photo amusing. Maybe it's just me.

PS Photo by Ken Kantor -- whom some of you may remember. He's made some loudspeakers now and again. B)

I was at the 99 Ranch Market a few weeks ago getting a few Dungeness crabs. The oysters are on ice below the sign in the pic.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

I was at the 99 Ranch Market a few weeks ago getting a few Dungeness crabs. The oysters are on ice below the sign in the pic.

I couldn't figure out what the unit was on the oysters, either... "CV"
    I am not a big fan of oysters, agreeing with writer/poet/raconteur Roy Blount, Jr.
    I prefer my oysters fried.
    Then I know my oyster's died.

Meanwhile, this struck me a amusingly surreal, too...
    zkym8zw3o6f5.png

Yup. Slow day today in the frozen white north.

• mhardy6647
    edited January 22
    Options
    Wait, what?
    Why would a Marylander be getting dungeness crabs? I would've thought that were a felony in the Free State.
    ;)
    9vk7qqcy0ou1.jpg

• Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
    Options
    53480751915_176cc8047f_b.jpgVintage Advertisement 491 - Arrow White Shirt - 1950s by Johnny El-Rady, on Flickr

Gen. George Custer was rumored to have been a celebrity endorser for Arrow Shirts. :#

Cave men developed that "drag by the hair" technique after quickly learning that by dragging their women by the ankles resulted in their women filling up with dirt.....
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,427
    Options
    I know that's AI but that would be more appropriate in the "You're doing it wrong" thread.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,862
    Options
    Wait, what?
    Why would a Marylander be getting dungeness crabs? I would've thought that were a felony in the Free State.
    ;)
    9vk7qqcy0ou1.jpg

No blues to be had. We steamed the dungeness with Old Bay, so pretty close in the end.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,943
    Options
    Storm Isha in Ireland…

Fishnet lighthouse before and during.

dx72kt269zcp.jpeg

mwnpy1rrqid1.jpeg

Bonus recent pic of a sheep in Ireland 🇮🇪 — such a wonderful country with amazing people who haven’t let their recent success go to their heads!

6rr32s6ek70j.jpeg

Alea jacta est!
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,625
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    Storm Isha in Ireland…

Fishnet lighthouse before and during.

dx72kt269zcp.jpeg

mwnpy1rrqid1.jpeg

Bonus recent pic of a sheep in Ireland 🇮🇪 — such a wonderful country with amazing people who haven’t let their recent success go to their heads!

6rr32s6ek70j.jpeg

When I lived and worked in NYC, I had many Irish clients.

They were insanely nice and genuinely kind hearted.

Many of them told me several times I had to visit Ireland and insisted that I needed to stay with them.

This was usually within a half hour of meeting them…

Pretty crazy considering I lived in the same NYC apartment for several years and didn’t know a single neighbor in the building as nobody would even look at each other, let alone talk and invite someone into their home…
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,139
    Options
    Only in California…s8dzxbwffyap.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,637
    Options
    But is it vegan....
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 22
    Options
    We grow our 'taters in raised beds some years... does that make me a bad person?

PS I notice they made no claims about cage free celery for that potato salad. :s