Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    👆 Beautiful! 👆

Reminds me of this one I grabbed from my taxi (under the influence of jet lag) in Paris, on the way to Gare de Lyon.

b5efxmhromaz.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,522
    Options
    ‘Ornate’ doesn’t begin to describe all of that.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,930
    edited January 23
    Options
    So close yet spaced so far away in another Climax, I mean Galaxy..

h77z3txzw43o.jpg
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,930
    Options
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    qvn55kfnsana.jpg

Love pictures like this!!!
  • Kex
    edited January 23
    Options
    maxward wrote: »
    ‘Ornate’ doesn’t begin to describe all of that.

Definitely, it’s like eating in a museum… and while it’s not exactly cheap, it’s not expensive either. It would probably cost the same to eat at an Outback Steakhouse or equivalent.

Did you notice the brass racks behind the tables for holding the typical leather travel bags of old? Since the restaurant is actually located IN the railway station, they have no issues with guests bringing their luggage, and have multiple storage areas for that purpose. They also offer an “express” 45 minute menu, where they promise to get you in and out in 45 minutes with white cloth service and three courses included.

On the way back, I met up with the Deputy Mayor of Fontainebleau at another historic location, the Café de La Paix near the Opéra Garnier (Paris has two main opera houses).

pjc6f5xj3her.jpeg

pvzb63m9jpv0.jpeg

Alea jacta est!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    gcb7w2s05bva.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Kex
    Options
    👆 Perfect follow-up 👆

All we need now is the Doors of Dublin poster. 😜

m2iabsbz28d8.jpeg
    Alea jacta est!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    edited January 23
    Options
    ^^^ shouldn't there be two of those pig-derived meat cuts in that image (plural)?
    ahem.
    Meanwhile, saw this on ASR...
    cem0vzjnb3nw.jpeg
  • Kex
    Options
    No!

If you’re happy and you know it, clamp your ham, not clamp your hams! 🤦‍♂️
    Alea jacta est!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    pig-derived meat cuts

I am going to start using that as an insult.

"Hey, you big pig-derived meat cut!"
  • Viking64
    Options
    Some of you might want to do a search for "art nouveau architecture" to see more of the stuff shown above.

And the restaurant in the train station might be classified as "beaux arts", but I'm not certain.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,136
    edited January 23
    Options
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,136
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ^^^ shouldn't there be two of those pig-derived meat cuts in that image (plural)?
    ahem.

Probably should be more than one, but "clamp your hams" sounds like

q4v591yt4kdl.png
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    cmqzh7ncl7xj.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    After "Gent-lyyy..."
    "AAAAGHH! SO MUCH BLOOD!"
    I disabled signatures.
  • Kex
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Some of you might want to do a search for "art nouveau architecture" to see more of the stuff shown above.

And the restaurant in the train station might be classified as "beaux arts", but I'm not certain.

Bravo, monsieur @Viking64, bravo, I say!

(I had to do a bit of searching)

“Le Train bleu est un restaurant gastronomique de style néo-baroque et Belle Époque des années 1900 situé au 1er étage du hall de la gare Paris-Gare de Lyon dans le 12e arrondissement de Paris…”
    Alea jacta est!
  • Kex
    edited January 23
    Options
    P.S. the name “Le Train Bleu” came from the famous train of the same name, that travelled between Paris and Vintimille (Ventimiglia Italy), travelling via Marseilles, Nice and Monaco.

More than 30 artists of the time contributed to the décor, mostly scenes of France.

Charles Bertier, Eugène Burnand, Antoine Calbet, Ulpiano Checa y Sanz, Eugène Dauphin, Guillaume Dubufe, François Flameng, Henri Gervex, Gaston de La Touche, Max Leenhardt, Albert Maignan, Frédéric Montenard, Jean-Baptiste Olive, Albert Rigolot, Édouard Rosset-Granger, Paul Saïn, Gaston Casimir Saint-Pierre, René Billotte… (and others).
    Alea jacta est!
  • Viking64
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »

Bravo, monsieur Viking64, bravo, I say!

(I had to do a bit of searching)

“Le Train bleu est un restaurant gastronomique de style néo-baroque et Belle Époque des années 1900 situé au 1er étage du hall de la gare Paris-Gare de Lyon dans le 12e arrondissement de Paris…”

I can read all of that except I don't know the word "arrondissement". :p

I do, however, know that the use of the "mention" feature should be punishable by death. :o
  • Kex
    edited January 23
    Options
    Sorry for the mention, my good sir, but I do use the feature very, very sparingly! If death must ensue, then so be it (seems a bit harsh, though). 🤣

An “arrondissement” is a district. Central Paris has 20 districts, and the Gare de Lyon is in the twelfth.
    Alea jacta est!
  • Viking64
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    An “arrondissement” is a district. Central Paris has 20 districts, and the Gare de Lyon is in the twelfth.

I should probably have known that but I haven't played "Paris Metro" since 6th grade (1976). All of the listings on the internet say the game is from 1981, but I know it was 4 or 5 years before that! HAHAHA

cyyhy91ybq1r.jpg
  • Viking64
    Options
    Here is the one from grade school. :p

qaevvhu756zx.jpg

cv7ro0okvjeg.jpg