You’re doing it wrong…

Options

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,136
    Options
    I am thinking it may be some sort of conduit pipe running power to the box. It appears to enter the box between the two top outlets
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    Options
    Nah
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,515
    Options
    You're all wrong. It's clearly a black licorice rope that the owner set down for a second to take the photo.
    I disabled signatures.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,483
    Options
    Looks like a stabilizer bar AKA sway bar. Can be on front or rear near both differentials.. The hack job has plug ends in it. No idea wtf that is
    Randy/Maine
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,483
    Options
    If you look you can see cord that is plugged in NEXT to the stabilizer bargo99ptur9bsj.png
    Randy/Maine
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    ALL WRONG.....!!!!!

https://youtu.be/CFdJza0AbeA
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,053
    Options
    At least he had it chained down well enough
    8e5qtywjryhk.png
  • F1nut
    Options
    Gonna need a bigger trailer

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    Options
    That is some serious wood!
  • msg
    Options
    Should justa put it on the roof rack. Coulda saved his trailer. Some people just don't think.
    I disabled signatures.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    That is some serious wood!

That's what she said 🤣
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    2ycf3zzz0yth.jpeg

Kick that guy out of the Snake River demo.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,560
    Options
    At least he had it chained down well enough
    8e5qtywjryhk.png

Looks like the trailer my next door neighbor had, minus the wood.
    He finally moved out. I don't know how the landlord got rid of the
    thing. It was NOT road worthy. Good news it's been a few months
    and he can't find a tenant. Maybe he'll sell it and a real home owner
    will move in.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,711
    Options
    I found a discussion on Reddit about that junction box under the car which includes a high-resolution pic.

Apparently it is common in cold climates to have such a set-up for various 110V heaters (engine block/oil pan, transmission, fuel/fuel tank, battery blanket, etc.).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledintotheshop/comments/ygm0ve/ive_never_seen_a_car_that_failed_a_home/

The rubber hose over the driveshaft is going to the oil pan. If you look closely on a big screen, you can see a slit in the hose where the upper-right cord comes out and you can even see the end of the hose butting up against the rusty cover plate on the junction box.

lsoomfrwgerp.jpg
  • F1nut
    Options
    Son of a......audioluvr, you were right.

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    Hey. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes! :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    Options
    So it's not licorice? This thread sucks.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Wait a minute, I just remembered I haven't liked black licorice since a horrible introduction to Sambuca.

This thread is great again.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,101
    Options
    Sambuca... yeah I partially remember a bad experience with sambuca in the UK quite a few years back when I - briefly & tumultuously - worked for an Oxford-spawned tech company. Those were very strange days, not in a good way. :#
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,136
    Options
    uadhxjaf7ahm.jpg

Looks to be a model home. The driveway will be corrected when the builder closes out and offers the home for sale.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    Options
    Yes, the home will be reoriented 90° to match the concrete. That swale will flow nicely under the gap formed with the house wall bearing on the curb.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »

You'd really like Loudermilk.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    audioluvr wrote: »

You'd really like Loudermilk.

https://youtu.be/NFkJQKx8UoU?si=cvkMXDwNvZn6xmQK
  • msg
    Options
    Ah, no way. Nice one, Doc!
    Do you have that record? That seems like good stuff for vinyl seeshones.

The other Loudermilk. Maybe Evun Loudermilk. Pretty funny show so far.
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5957766
    w84k8zgzbf2p.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Ah, no way. Nice one, Doc!
    Do you have that record? That seems like good stuff for vinyl seeshones.

The other Loudermilk. Maybe Evun Loudermilk. Pretty funny show so far.
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5957766
    w84k8zgzbf2p.jpg

I'll have to check it out.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    edited January 17
    Options
    I thought you might already have been watching it - "blind squirrel" came up in ep1, and I went, no way, that's what Rob just said!

Note: not a show for kids.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    John D. Loudermilk was the real deal; wrote some pretty well-known songs.
    Tobacco Road, though, of course, was made famous by the Blues Magoos.
    ahh, those were the days...

https://youtu.be/XGQxUQfbEz4?si=TZ3JdA0Ayo0RDRTZ
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    Options