Feel the hate thread

Options

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    I love when people have personalized plates with their names on them, because then when I yell effing go A11Y5A! she knows it's her getting yelled at for snail-starting a short light with people behind her.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,695
    Options
    I hate when people say that they love something that they actually hate.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    I hate everyone ......equally... suck IT !!
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options
    I hate to hate and I hate that
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    I hate the overuse and misuse of the word love. It's everywhere, thumbs up if you loved the show. Sorry I have no emotional attachment to a show/movie/some post or an object. Therefore I never love anything.
    I do love my family and friends and our dog (well she fits under family)
  • msg
    Options
    Willow wrote: »
    I hate the overuse and misuse of the word love. It's everywhere, thumbs up if you loved the show. Sorry I have no emotional attachment to a show/movie/some post or an object. Therefore I never love anything.

❤️💕😍💖💗
    I disabled signatures.
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 886
    Options

This ^^

I also hate the overuse of the word literally. It's used so much that 'literally' no longer means what it actually does. It's so stupid. Everything is literal.

"That's literally insane" and "That's literally insane" mean two entirely different things.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »

This ^^

I also hate the overuse of the word literally. It's used so much that 'literally' no longer means what it actually does. It's so stupid. Everything is literal.

"That's literally insane" and "That's literally insane" mean two entirely different things.

I was literally thinking this exact thing.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,073
    Options

I read it four times and they both still mean the same thing to me.

I might literally be insane.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,695
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »

I read it four times and they both still mean the same thing to me.

I might literally be insane.

I read it four times and my head literally exploded.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    could be a quote from Jeff Spicoli . . . Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Which would never make sense
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    Just finished watching the Ford F series commercial where a woman is using the power port on her truck to run a miter saw to build shelter in the middle of nowhere. I Fking hate this commercial! I don't know what's more unbelievable. The power port able to run a saw, her getting stranded in the middle of nowhere with a dead battery or a woman doing this in general.

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • pitdogg2
    edited October 2023
    Options
    My brothers Ford F-150 truck can do it. What's unbelievable about it? Most Ford trucks are hybrids, his has a battery that he does not need to plug in. Not that I understand but it generated electricity to charge battery as it drives. When he drove in the Smokey mountains he said his truck rarely used the gas motor. Got stupid gas mileage, supposedly it's a 4 cylinder turbo 400 horse. He's used the electric to run stuff while camping.
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Never bring hammers and crow bars to a gun fight .......CCW always and forever!
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    An armed society is a polite society.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Who's to say they didn't have guns too but kept them hidden. Crowbar robbery is like a misdemeanor.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,347
    Options
    Everything seems to be a misdemeanor these days. Looting, rioting, burning down police precincts, robbing stores, etc.. If they are even prosecuted to begin with...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Who's to say they didn't have guns too but kept them hidden. Crowbar robbery is like a misdemeanor.

It's armed robbery regardless, plain and simple. If I go into a store to rob it with a hammer, IT IS NOT shoplifting.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,103
    Options
    I hate it when people quote individuals that are on my ignore list...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    Options
    I hate it when people quote individuals that are on my ignore list...

Someone quote this. "Love you too John" :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• msg
    Options
    "Someone quote this. "Love you too John" :D" ~ audioluvr; Friday, October 27, 2023, 11:55pm

I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    I hate when I get a used record that looks clean and flawless, but sounds noisy, even after cleaning.

It had a few light fingerprints on it, and arrived in a wax coated inner sleeb. Maybe it just needs a second cleaning.
    I disabled signatures.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    I hate having to be on your knees for 3 hours trying to replace a window lift motor in the driveway when it's 30 degrees with a stiff breeze . . . . I AM NOT YOUNG ANYMORE

Got it done and it did NOT fix the problem . . . oh JOY
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • msg
    Options
    I guess that's worse.
    I disabled signatures.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I hate UPONOR brand PEX....
    2nd pinhole near a compression fitting I've found in last couple years... Repaired with Sharkbite brand PEX. Got drywall repair to do now...

39vgr6xao5hn.jpg

e5aogfck2fpw.jpg

Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    So much hate so little time
  • msg
    Options
    machone wrote: »
    Newer vehicle LED headlights that are way too bright. B)B)B)B)B)
    I think these things are getting brighter. It was so bad driving home from work one night this week, I wore my sunglasses home to help protect against both oncoming and rear and side mirror reflections.

I was caught a little off guard at unexpected effect in depth perception and reaction time, but still feels safer than having to shield my eyes, be blinded, or be otherwise distracted. I don't know wtf these people are thinking. And then there are those numbnut MFs with those stupid light bars or aux lighting...
    "Hey, look at me, everyone! and how cool I am with my stupid summer-sun lightbar that serves no purpose except making me an inconsiderate a-hole!"
    I disabled signatures.
  • CottageChz
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    2nd pinhole near a compression fitting I've found in last couple years... Repaired with Sharkbite brand PEX. Got drywall repair to do now...

Pinholes SUCK! I can feel the hate from here.

All the copper in the houses around here is old, and probably something in the water messing it up. Pinhole leaks and the accompanying plumbing and drywall repairs like once or twice a year til you fix it all. Awful.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    CottageChz wrote: »
    xschop wrote: »

Pinholes SUCK! I can feel the hate from here.

All the copper in the houses around here is old, and probably something in the water messing it up. Pinhole leaks and the accompanying plumbing and drywall repairs like once or twice a year til you fix it all. Awful.

In copper piping, pinholes are a pain in the rear but I have found a cheap solution for when you have those hard to reach places.

I use those saddles, like for connecting an ice maker from a fridge. They are cheap, put them over the pinhole and close the valve. I have one that has been on for over 4 years with no further problems.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable