You’re doing it wrong…

Options

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    bpz9vfaetamy.jpg

Just so everyone knows, Ivan "liked" this post.

Heck yea! That's crafty engineering at its finest!!
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    c85qmscurw89.jpeg

Manufactured in ...

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options

Just so everyone knows, Ivan "liked" this post.

Not pointing fingers, but some folks around here have a twisted sense of humor. :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,348
    Options
    Took the words right out of my keyboard...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    n2ab6gkb5cqo.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    2h1bgegiu944.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Today I learned what DEF is. Thank you DuckDuckGo.
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    Today I learned what DEF is. Thank you DuckDuckGo.

That stuff actually does work. Before DEF diesel exhaust pipes on the bigger trucks used to have a coating of black soot. They would stink, emit blue smoke constantly and belch large amounts of smoke on acceleration. Thankfully that's no longer the case unless some jackass tampers with the system.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    I mean, maybe if they put a fountain in the middle of it …

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    Options
    I think he should have painted it before taking it out for a spin. A few rattle cans would go a long ways in spiffing that beauty up
    9303d7o0fo4n.png

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    I think he should have painted it before taking it out for a spin. A few rattle cans would go a long ways in spiffing that beauty up
    9303d7o0fo4n.png

Imagine showing up on your first date in this! :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    9303d7o0fo4n.png

Then tell her it's a rental! ;-)
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,880
    Options
    CGTIII wrote: »
    9303d7o0fo4n.png

Right, while your lambo is in the shop
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    edited November 2023
    Options
    9303d7o0fo4n.png

A long, long time ago, I drove my '74 Bronco to my (then) girlfriend's apartment - I think it was around Thankgiving-time - to meet her parents. All dressed up, down to a new pair of real shoes. As it turned out, the truck's master cylinder was leaking, and at one point when I stepped on the brake, pressurized brake fluid shot back onto one of my new shoes, completely eradicating the shine and the finish where it sprayed.
    Get to her apt and start blathering about my shoes when introduced to the folks. :#
    Well, on the bright side, we've been married 40 years as of this past spring.
    Mrs. H never did like the Bronco.
    Truth be told, it didn't like her either. It did interesting things to her more than once when she was driving it. :p
    Willow wrote: »

I mean, hey, why not? It's worth a shot, right?
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    9303d7o0fo4n.png
    It'd be fine if he didn't laze out and had gone the distance to build a functional intercooler scoop on the hood.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    9303d7o0fo4n.png
    It'd be fine if he didn't laze out and had gone the distance to build a functional intercooler scoop on the hood.

He has a brother with a car of straw and another with a car of bricks.
  • msg
    Options
    Picking up Little Red to go out for a bowl of porridge that's just right.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    I thought I heard the voice of Rocky the Flying Squirrel in there. Bullwinkle, too, now that I think about it.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I thought I heard the voice of Rocky the Flying Squirrel in there. Bullwinkle, too, now that I think about it.
    Yes some of the same voice actors -- from Rocky & Bullwinkle (i.e., Jay Ward).

Meanwhile, elsewhere...
    gfxhwbo7aoye.png
    Nice pair of Ampexes, n'est-ce pas?

:|

• msg
    Options
    If I met a girl like that in high school who was that serious about music appreciation... I would stilla been too chicken to talk to her.
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    If I met a girl like that in high school who was that serious about music appreciation... I would stilla been too chicken to talk to her.

She would have told you “you’re doing it wrong”….
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Not sure if this is new or already posted

la158lmf7hpb.jpeg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is new or already posted

la158lmf7hpb.jpeg

In my last house, the painters had to the front room with a high ceiling and the area by
    The stairway. They put a step ladder on the steps. One side was on a step, two other
    guys held up the back side of the ladder. They then moved up a few steps and did it again.
    You don't ever want to watch roofers work in Dallas either. Also a safety horror show.
    And I can tell you right now none of them had medical coverage, or even a green card.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    edited November 2023
    Options
    2fsubkhfda2j.png

Nailed it!

My Dad always said you only need to know two things to be a plumber. Ship don't flow uphill and payday is on Friday.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    Options