You’re doing it wrong…

Options

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,711
    Options
    You can even get those steering wheels with optional air bags.

77awaj46zzpw.png
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,484
    Options
    Got too close checking the mail.

ipjp1f1j8zvt.jpg

Took this photo on the way to work.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    bhkl5065kafn.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,227
    Options
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,519
    Options
    zsz77nrjrr5i.png

Priorities, man, priorities.
    I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,457
    Options
    reqoixrhn94s.jpg

Gotta protect that investment!
    spknh74g8tpm.png
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • daddyjt
    Options
    dqthy14ajy15.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    by35zpw3bllt.png

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    9vxavboh4oga.png
    speaking of milk...

I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    544o3k6wnygl.png
    I don't know anything about electricity, except how to shock myself.
    What has happened here?

Is that a partially clipped neutral? Also nicked? I read once that it's bad to nick or score the conductor when stripping insulation. Is that true? I read that it's good, however, to bend the wire back and forth a whole bunch of times - one place only - to loosen it up and break it in before putting it in service.

Is the humor that the "ground" is on the ground? but that leaves are preventing proper grounding? (jk, I know it's really because the leaves aren't wet, so they can't conduct.)

Should there be grommets or conduit terminations in the entry holes?

Do you have this person's contact information and are they available for work? I need a new guy for "accidents".

I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    Black wires are load. No grommets on the box can cause the insulation to be cut energizing the box.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • msg
    Options
    1hsxtbem3ee0.png
    @VR3 - is that HexClad? Versatile.

I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Black wires are load. No grommets on the box can cause the insulation to be cut energizing the box.

Are the wires in the wrong place? I could Google this, but I'm not going for a degree in elektrisity.

I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    msg wrote: »

Are the wires in the wrong place? I could Google this, but I'm not going for a degree in elektrisity.

Yes
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• msg
    Options
    Yes
    Hey, ease up there, chatty.
    Le Sigh.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,629
    Options
    That sure was a cool play on that down. They shoulda just reran it!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,136
    Options
    b7rejg1kj334.jpg

Please tell me that’s a photoshop or the guy is now in concussion protocol….
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,033
    Options
    b7rejg1kj334.jpg

Please tell me that’s a photoshop or the guy is now in concussion protocol….

Or a pawn on a chessboard that was spotted two moves.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • msg
    Options
    I think it's that stupid vibrating football game from the 70s.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,104
    Options
    I think it's that stupid vibrating football game from the 70s.

The more I looked at that image (e.g., when the OP was quoted, and it reappeared), the more I had the exact same thought.

I had one of those games a long time ago (think: mid-60s).
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,915
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Posted in wrong thread.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,136
    Options
    Milito wrote: »
    Posted in wrong thread.

I guess you did it wrong?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • daddyjt
    Options
    nkd5y3h52va8.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    o5gogg573t7q.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• audioluvr
    Options
    26bcup340su6.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    Options
    Damn!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk