You’re doing it wrong…

Options

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,426
    edited November 2023
    Options
    How in the.....does that dude take a right? My word.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,488
    Options
    Makes you wonder how high it is lmao
    Randy/Maine
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,561
    Options
    I used to see guys like that hauling pallets all the time in Dallas.
    I guess a trailer was just too easy?
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,108
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »

They probably didn't like maneuvering a trailer. ;)
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,458
    Options
    Too bad there isn't a video of them stacking those.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,462
    Options
    sucks2beme wrote: »

There must not be much wind in Dallas. Heck, I'm sure there is but this guy evidently had zero wind that day. Talk about a high profile vehicle!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • sucks2beme
    Options
    Highway debris was pretty common in North Texas. You should see all the
    Old trucks hauling around construction waste or old roofing. They were always
    overloaded. I had more flat tires than you could imagine. I got good at
    patching holes. I moved, but I still make sure to have full size spares in
    the trunk.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,524
    edited November 2023
    Options
    te2trbozfhrf.jpg
    I wish I could get a deal like that on pallets. I need a bunch to build better block jumps to the roof for my goats. That guy probly has goats.
    I disabled signatures.
  • sucks2beme
    Options
    They are generally independent contractors that pick up pallets from
    end locations to be reused. These guys are poor as dirt. They are about
    One step below roofers.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,488
    Options
    ^^^^ correct. I've actually giving away pallets at truck stops because if I was picking up loads I'd need the room, empty trailer. I've bought pallets as well. The blue Chet pallets were worth $$$ as the shipper charged deposit for them.. NEPW will take all the pallets you have if they are a certain size as well
    Randy/Maine
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    y7lqjj93cfpf.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    qadazhsmxjty.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    Options
    kagibmat4a82.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,885
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    kagibmat4a82.jpeg

At least the ladder is secure.... somewhat
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,525
    Options
    I’m guessing that “her” second passenger isn’t too comfortable in the back.
  • msg
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    he8lw4hrsip5.png
    There. Easily fixed with a a few 1x2 furring strips to shore up the structure over to that green thing on the left.

I disabled signatures.
  • audioluvr
    Options
    5l7e3y3ve9qo.png

Wow! What a waste of lumber!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    Options
    l51ej8nel8py.png

Sometimes, ya' gotta wonder about people.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ChrisD06
    ChrisD06 Posts: 887
    Options
    5l7e3y3ve9qo.png

I embarrassingly cannot tell the issue with this. Someone help me out please 💀
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,054
    Options
    ChrisD06 wrote: »
    5l7e3y3ve9qo.png

Surely you jest..........it's easier to say what's been done correctly. Edit; I don't see anything that is built even close to correctly.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,108
    Options
    5l7e3y3ve9qo.png

Surely you jest..........it's easier to say what's been done correctly. Edit; I don't see anything that is built even close to correctly.

The funniest thing is that whoever crafted that worked really hard. :|
  • ChrisD06
    Options
    5l7e3y3ve9qo.png

I mean it looks nothing like the deck on my house that was completed some years ago however I don't know if it's different for smaller porches like this.

The lumber looks really small and I've just noticed the posts are directly touching the joists.

There's a reason I don't muck about with structural stuff
  • audioluvr
    Options
    5l7e3y3ve9qo.png

Everything starts with a good foundation. This is not.
    2x4's nailed together and stuffed in concrete 6" below grade will be rotting away in a couple of years (if they're lucky). Down spout for the gutters will ensure that.
    2x4's don't have much strength laid flat, even with another one nailed on top of it and the ladder will trap moisture in between further accelerating rot. There is a 2x4 "support" over by the gutter down spout that's not supporting anything.
    The spacing between supports is excessive and would be like walking in an inflatable fun house (at least until something fails)
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• ChrisD06
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »
    5l7e3y3ve9qo.png

Everything starts with a good foundation. This is not.
    2x4's nailed together and stuffed in concrete 6" below grade will be rotting away in a couple of years (if they're lucky). Down spout for the gutters will ensure that.
    2x4's don't have much strength laid flat, even with another one nailed on top of it and the ladder will trap moisture in between further accelerating rot. There is a 2x4 "support" over by the gutter down spout that's not supporting anything.
    The spacing between supports is excessive and would be like walking in an inflatable fun house (at least until something fails)

Holy smokes I didn't even notice those were 2x4s nailed together, I thought those were 4x4s. Didn't see the floating 'support' either.

I didn't know burying posts wasn't allowed... actually our old deck had that and when it was replaced the guys who did it said it was not even close to being up to code, even for the time it was built. So now I know a reason why...

Thank you for explaining! 🙏
  • treitz3
    Options
    Hillbilly tire repair....

nnnmnu4q79hu.png

Tom
  • msg
    Options
    bpz9vfaetamy.jpg

Just so everyone knows, Ivan "liked" this post.
    I disabled signatures.