Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,387
    Options
    I don't think I have ever heard of this brand.

oydwti7vn97n.png

1959 Morris Minor traveller Wood

Err "Morris Garage" also known as MG
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,696
    Options
    This must be for loafing around. :/

byu1jafbyuze.jpg
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Where are the pat of butter pillows?

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • soundfreak1
    Options
    Dont know if I have enough bread to buy one of those
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Viking64
    Options
    I bought two of those sofas.

But that's just how I . . . . roll.

omxap73ta3nu.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,052
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I don't think I have ever heard of this brand.

oydwti7vn97n.png

1959 Morris Minor traveller Wood

The Mini was also sold as a Morris in the UK back in the good ol' days.
    I think of marques like Morgan (with wooden frames) and TVR (cool little British sportscars) besides Morris and Cooper and Rover and Jaguar and whatnot (edit: and Wolseley and Vauxhall and Triumph and Morris Garages (MG) and...)
    So many idiosyncratic but cool (in their own way) British auto marques up into the early 1970s.
    Some are still around, at least sort of.
    umf1h92c2czz.jpg
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    Did you forget Austin-Healey's ?
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    MG and Morris were different marques, even though the same "Morris" (William) was namesake of both (or vice versa -- "namesake" is a funny word).
    MG was long in Abingdon, UK (just a few miles from Oxford). I used to stay at a hotel when in Abingdon for work at a hotel with a big octagonal main "clubhouse" -- an homage to MG.

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,135
    Options
    Grits teeth. Refrains from comment.
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I mean, Humbers, too... so, so many British vee-hickels.
    j3di0lj8y6f2.jpg

meanwhile, over at ASR...
    35xt3y3pbblz.jpg

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,103
    Options
    DeLorean was a British car too….
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Hillman

4l92ozgiz36w.jpg

Marcos
    t8rlatcv4w55.jpg

Sunbeam
    ap5p8smarkm0.jpg

Jensen
    vs4031phnvsl.jpg
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    The Lotus 7
    0bvto82j5kqf.jpg
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    Options
    JHC...vanilla get your shxt together and fix the photo size problem.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    edited October 2023
    Options
  • F1nut
    Options
    Not really, still smaller than it should be.

President of Club Polk

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Genuinely curious here - can someone explain the pug pic craze to me, please? I thought it was just @Viking64 who was weird, but no, he started a trend.

And now, bake shops are joining in.
    3j4bnqu4f9ec.jpg

Why do people love and breed these dogs into narrower and narrower breathing passages? It's not cute, they're suffocating. If someone were next to you, breathing like this, you'd give them a bag of Halls, or a bucket of Vaporub, if not trach them on the spot with a knife and McDonald's straw.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Viking64
    Options
    I hate when people needlessly use that stupid mention feature.

Whoops, wrong thread.
  • msg
    Options
    @Viking64
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I hate when people needlessly use that stupid mention feature.

Whoops, wrong thread.
    @Viking64, I would never say something like that to you @Viking64, sir, @Viking64
    :(:(:(@Viking64 🌽❄️💩
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    53300237861_58103ee186_b.jpg23_0017944 Convair Negative Image by SDASM Archives, on Flickr

100% pug-free content from SDASM.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    All of the space missions were filmed in remote desert areas.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Genuinely curious here - can someone explain the pug pic craze to me, please? I thought it was just @Viking64 who was weird, but no, he started a trend.

3j4bnqu4f9ec.jpg

Why do people love and breed these dogs into narrower and narrower breathing passages? It's not cute, they're suffocating. If someone were next to you, breathing like this, you'd give them a bag of Halls, or a bucket of Vaporub, if not trach them on the spot with a knife and McDonald's straw.

Scott, one of our Poms passed due to a collapsed trachea a few months ago and nothing we could do about it. Had some friends that got 2 pups from us and they lost one of their's also due to this condition. Broke my heart and their's since not a lot can be done to fix this condition. Weight management can help, but from what I understand it's pretty common in breeds like Pomeranians, Pugs, French Bulldogs and other small dogs.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Hillman

4l92ozgiz36w.jpg

Lovely tablecloth.

• Viking64
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Hillman

4l92ozgiz36w.jpg

Lovely tablecloth.

After a case of beer, maybe.
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    Options
    Cool Halloween idea!

0ieu2x2o9b7c.jpg
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    saw this on ASR - found it amusing.

htq2dooox3x3.jpg

• msg
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    msg wrote: »

3j4bnqu4f9ec.jpg

Scott, one of our Poms passed due to a collapsed trachea a few months ago and nothing we could do about it. Had some friends that got 2 pups from us and they lost one of their's also due to this condition. Broke my heart and their's since not a lot can be done to fix this condition. Weight management can help, but from what I understand it's pretty common in breeds like Pomeranians, Pugs, French Bulldogs and other small dogs.

Oh wow, clearly a very bad joke on my part. I read some this morning on the pug craze, and breathing was mentioned as a problem, as was narrowing airways and a related disease, iirc. I didn't realize it was particularly serious, and thought just "something on the horizon" if things (irresponsible/overbreeding as I took the meaning) were to continue.

Truly very sorry to hear that, Mike.

Most of the pugs I've seen are also overweight, which, as you allude, did seem like it would worsen their breathing difficulties. The "pugs I've seen" has only been limited to three families, fwiw.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    We had our first real (killing) frost this morning*. 28 degrees F at 7 am. brrrr.
    s'posed to be chillier tomorrow morning.

53301210463_17792fa3e0_b.jpg

I harvested the rest of our carrots today, resisting the temptation to take photos. It was a good year for carrots. :) Took down the electric fence on the main garden today, too. Summer's pretty much over. :/

_________
    * We had a minor frost back on 13Oct, but it didn't do much damage.

• soundfreak1
    Options
    Hahaha oops did I say that out loud. I'm in fla.
    Main Rig:
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable