Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    9tbbcx4dxr8b.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,348
    Options
    fzzzgpuy4xvf.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,517
    Options
    That's a really long and off center
    camel toe.
    daddyjt wrote: »
    9mrf2v5wzwlm.png

I disabled signatures.
  • Geoff4rfc
    Geoff4rfc Posts: 2,165
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Awesome shots @Geoff4rfc
    Dude, were you ever not leading?

Love those wheelie shots. Were those coming out of turns on hard accel, or finish line shots? Or just showing off for chick spectators?

The wheelie shots were coming out of a low gear corner. The bikes were: Gixxer 6, 750 and liter. I got a ride on a Yam R6 one race...I liked it lol. I hated the Gixxer 6, underpowered and I weighed 200lbs.

I was mostly a 750 guy, but my time on the liter.....now THAT was a race bike, weighing just over 350lbs with 164hp at the rear. I'd hit 185mph at the end of Portland's straight. Wheeling or sliding or both out of every corner. To say that bike was a beast would be an understatement.

I could bore you for hours with stories of what I got away with and shouldn't have......stay tuned, don't you dare catch our next gut wrenching episode....
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • msg
    Options
    Kinda like?
    sxw68ct5r0af.gif
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,103
    Options
    ^^^ That is splendid.
    Stealin' that.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,388
    Options
    6edvn4s62jbq.jpg
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Geoff4rfc
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @msn AT the risk of inundating you with my former glory I post this one pic in response to Scotts (msn) question, "are you ever NOT in the lead"? regarding my last post of race pics.

I'll admit it's a cool pic, but if anyone is interested in the technical aspect (yes, there's a science, not all silver-plated pure brass balls lol), the exit speed there is around 115 or so, the knee is extended due to the lean angle of bike (check out the edge of tires at that speed). If the front washes out and you don't panic, you have the opportunity use the knee as an outrigger and lift the bike back up while turning the bars back to a counter steer position.

If you look closely at the pavement between the # 8 bike and mine (#316), you can see all the black lines on the pavement from stressing the edge of the tires under hard acceleration and leaving rubber down, which actually improves traction.

The #8 bike is a liter bike being chased by me and the other two which are all 750s. The fields were no less then 40 entries and would sometimes contain 60 bikes, we were up inside the top 10.

By the way, I was 45 in that pic. Age is only a number, all things are possible.

62dguj06ho8j.jpg
    Source: BRP Panasonic UB9000, CDP Emotiva ERC3 - Display: LG OLED EVO 83 C3 - Pre/Pro: Marantz 8802A - Amplification: Emotiva XPA-DR3, XPA-2 x 2, XPA-6, Speakers, Mains/2ch-Focal Kanta No2's, C-LSiM706, S-702F/X, RS-RTiA9's, WS-RTiA9's, FH-RTiA3's, Subs - Epik Empire x 2

Cables: AudioQuest McKenzie XLR's/CDP/Amp, Carbon 48/BRP, Forest 48/Display, 2 channel speaker cable: Furutech FS Alpha 36 12AWG PCOCC Single Crystal (Douglas Connection)

EXPERIENCE: next to nothing, but I sure enjoy audio and video MY OPINION OF THIS HOBBY: I may not be a smart man, but I know what quicksand is.
    When I was young, I was Superman but now that old age has gotten the best of me I'm only Batman
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,711
    Options
    I think I just committed "World Record Pug Thank Time". :p
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,388
    Options
    Geoff4rfc wrote: »
    @msn AT the risk of inundating you with my former glory I post this one pic in response to Scotts (msn) question, "are you ever NOT in the lead"? regarding my last post of race pics.

I'll admit it's a cool pic, but if anyone is interested in the technical aspect (yes, there's a science, not all silver-plated pure brass balls lol), the exit speed there is around 115 or so, the knee is extended due to the lean angle of bike (check out the edge of tires at that speed). If the front washes out and you don't panic, you have the opportunity use the knee as an outrigger and lift the bike back up while turning the bars back to a counter steer position.

If you look closely at the pavement between the # 8 bike and mine (#316), you can see all the black lines on the pavement from stressing the edge of the tires under hard acceleration and leaving rubber down, which actually improves traction.

The #8 bike is a liter bike being chased by me and the other two which are all 750s. The fields were no less then 40 entries and would sometimes contain 60 bikes, we were up inside the top 10.

By the way, I was 45 in that pic. Age is only a number, all things are possible.

62dguj06ho8j.jpg

This is F-ing nuts! I've been to 220mph in an indy car, but these guys are crazy. LOL
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • Geoff4rfc
    Options

This is F-ing nuts! I've been to 220mph in an indy car, but these guys are crazy. LOL

No one ever accused me of being mentally stable :D

Dude, 220 is hauling a s s!!! The 750 pictured hit 175 at the end of the straight. My liter did 185. The Kawi's in that class would hit 200mph but with all that horsepower, being able to put it to the ground is a delicate operation. Without having traction control in '06, throttle control had to be very smooth.

I would LOVE to experience the Indy!!

• msg
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    4gy4709eu97q.jpeg

I see your bus and raise you
    ao6w2oxefuor.jpg

And then, beating @mhardy6647 to it bc I know it's coming... :D
    hn6p7qm4oxgc.jpg

I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    4gy4709eu97q.jpeg

Boy, the H3lls Angels sure ride in style these days....
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    Yes, I believe it is the first of the linear type tonearms.
    6yn7ammdtmkg.jpg
    Sorry, I just saw this! :blush:
    Does it predate the Marantz SLT-12?
    4v8345g28q6p.jpg
    That was brute force linear tracking, but 1) linear it was and 2) it came along pretty early.
    1963, according to https://vintage-turntable.com/marantz-slt-12.html
    A quick search at WRH doesn't turn up anything prior to 1965 in the audio magazines of the era, FWIW.
    https://www.worldradiohistory.com/hd2/IDX-Audio/search.cgi?zoom_query=marantz+slt-12&zoom_page=8&zoom_per_page=10&zoom_cat[]=1&zoom_cat[]=9&zoom_cat[]=17&zoom_cat[]=18&zoom_and=1&zoom_sort=0&zoom_xml=0

x01ignqgpez8.png
    source: https://www.worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/Archive-Audio/60s/Audio-1966-09.pdf

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,134
    Options
    At first thought it was kids dressed as Kiss for Halloween

Ouch
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    I think it's Halloween-esque (fortunately). B)
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    os2ddkzquqal.jpg

oboxud3lwtds.jpg

j4hvacrkl7be.jpg

(all three from ASR, but I 'reimagined' the second one :# )
  • msg
    Options
    Why is there a stick of dynamite on the side of the podium?
    I disabled signatures.