Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,711
    Options
    Why is there an upside down pipe on the other side of the podium?

Why is George wearing a Cleveland Browns tie when he is obviously a Cincinnati Bengals fan?

Why did I just call him "George" when his name is obviously "Hubert"? :#
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 3,014
    Options
    What are the controls on selling 'honor student' stickers on Amazon?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,418
    Options
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,103
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Typical "Bizzaro" comic thing. Note the eyeball (and the pipe), too. The artist(s) like to leave a lot of odd Easter eggs in their work.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,517
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Typical "Bizzaro" comic thing. Note the eyeball (and the pipe), too. The artist(s) like to leave a lot of odd Easter eggs in their work.

@mhardy6647, yeah I just noticed that last night as I went off es'plorin'. Kinda neat. This one has another out of place object I got a laugh at. Reminded me of a scene from Dirty Work, with Norm MacDonald. Outrageously funny bits if you're into that kinda humor.
    ixf0ow6qn9oq.jpeg
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    Options
    Polk Wife; Snooping Husband's Forum Activity; Displeased, Typ.
    5qc015ziu8fi.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    edited October 2023
    Options
    msg wrote: »

@mhardy6647, yeah I just noticed that last night as I went off es'plorin'. Kinda neat. This one has another out of place object I got a laugh at. Reminded me of a scene from Dirty Work, with Norm MacDonald. Outrageously funny bits if you're into that kinda humor.
    ixf0ow6qn9oq.jpeg

Several oddities in this one that make you wonder at the meaning of. Likely just nonsense and general Easter Eggery, but is there meaning in the Easter Eggs themselves.

Upside down photos of birds on the wall, wearing tophats? An arrow in the umbrella stand by the door. Berry pie.

The cartoons themselves aren't always necessarily humorous, but the art kinda draws you in. I never really followed this sort of thing, but it's kind of interesting. There are archives of this artist's work linked off of his main website.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,103
    Options

ixf0ow6qn9oq.jpeg

Several oddities in this one that make you wonder at the meaning of. Likely just nonsense and general Easter Eggery, but is there meaning in the Easter Eggs themselves.

Upside down photos of birds on the wall, wearing tophats? An arrow in the umbrella stand by the door. Berry pie.

The cartoons themselves aren't always necessarily humorous, but the art kinda draws you in. I never really followed this sort of thing, but it's kind of interesting. There are archives of this artist's work linked off of his main website.
    Bizarro sort of reminds me of Zippy the Pinhead, although those frequently feature(ed) the ephemera as a focal point of the comic.
    This sort of thing. :|
    7wzyce7i373o.gif

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,023
    Options
    5ah3oq8x9i2s.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • msg
    Options
    ...and no cupcake ever sold less...
    I disabled signatures.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    Options
    That there is hilarious!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,628
    Options
    k24gt2t8wks7.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    d6pnw1l6zbmm.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    9levkcj8xm6q.jpeg
    Brian

• msg
    Options
    Is this EV?
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    k24gt2t8wks7.jpeg

I disabled signatures.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    I don't think I have ever heard of this brand.

oydwti7vn97n.png

1959 Morris Minor traveller Wood
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    Options
    Morris was a huge car manufacturer in England. We had a Morris 1100 there, which was a basic, but reliable car.
    lxs5g05p9s46.jpg

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,160
    edited October 2023
    Options
    By that time Morris was part of BMC which bought up a lot of older brands and got into the badge engineering game. I got hold of an older second hand MG variant. Nice little car - twin SUs, zippy, lots of wood trim inside, BUT they suffered the same rear subframe rot as the minis of the time did. One day I went over a humpback bridge at a silly rate of knots and the subframe broke and the rear wheels literally fell off. I kid you not. Please refer to other threads for the definition of literally.

44t9etqtuxba.png