Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    The well is dry
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    lunazul wrote: »
    3i6svq2eh5ji.jpg

Although I have two feeders for them in my back yard there's never more than one sitting feeding. They never allow more than one at a feeder at a time. I'll have several staging on the fence or tree but coming to the feeder before the other one is done and flies away causes a mid-air sword fight. If one scoots in while they battle then there's more battles.

Right now they are feeding heavy for the long flight to the winter grounds
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    I have a feeder like the one in the photo that I picked up in the spring to try. I couldn't get any hummingbirds, only ants and wasps that couldn't reach.

Wrong place?
    I disabled signatures.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    You the one who just bought those off TMR today?
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    2wqylxu5z5v1.jpg

Just received my daily email from MD. :# How many versions of DSOTM do we need? >:)

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    You the one who just bought those off TMR today?

Nah. I've had my eye on them as well as Salk Silk monitors for a long time. These are something I could more realistically get. Did a used pair come up? How much did they sell for?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Yeah there was a pair that popped up today on TMR and promptly sold. $1,600ish plus $60ish shipping IIRC. Not that much less than the $1,900 MSRP.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    2wqylxu5z5v1.jpg

Just received my daily email from MD. :# How many versions of DSOTM do we need? >:)

DSOTM must be the ALL-TIME winner of the “how many times can we bang the cash register” album… at this point, it’s getting pretty old.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• F1nut
    Options
    It's on the album, Money!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    p1kk98mqxd5j.jpg

Those are sweet Josh, what are they?
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Phiharmonic BMR

Originally a Dennis Murphy DIY type project, and these cabinets were likely done by Salk

I've always been intrigued and would like to own a pair
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    3tb22kfaae31.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Nightfall
    edited September 2023
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Phiharmonic BMR

Originally a Dennis Murphy DIY type project, and these cabinets were likely done by Salk

I've always been intrigued and would like to own a pair

If you ever buy a pair and I still haven't AND you decide not to keep them... if all of that happens to happen... dibs 😂

Salk makes some awfully purdy cabinets.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    rxf3gjvshfkc.jpg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Thanks for the clarification 🤦🏻‍♂️

Any time bro

President of Club Polk

• msg
    Options
    That's pretty cool, John. Yours?
    Who's the dude on the cover?
    rxf3gjvshfkc.jpg

I disabled signatures.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Who's the dude on the cover?

Brutal. Someone's feeling saucy lol

• msg
    Options
    I just looked her up. Man, she was super cute and hot back in the early days!

John, I vaguely recall a previous post or two - you're a big Tanya Tucker fan, aren't you?
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I have tremendous respect for her and what she has done over her career. She gets nowhere near the respect she deserves. I bought the album directly from her, as her FB page was offering the signed editions. This one will be going in a frame and hang next to the Staler Brothers, and Conway/Loretta.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    Options
    Good info, John. I wasn't aware. I'll check out some of her stuff.
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited September 2023
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Good info, John. I wasn't aware. I'll check out some of her stuff.

She was a major prodigy back in the day, but she fell away from the Grand Dame crowd and into the outlaw scene that was coming up in the 1970's. Her affair with a very married Glenn Campbell earned her no favor either.

• Nightfall
    Options
    The Arizona Audio and Video club recently hosted a speaker demonstration of 16 stand mount speakers priced at or below $3,000/pair. Most of our competitors sent entries, including Buchardt, KEF, ATC, Sonus Faber, Tekton, Monitor Audio, GoldenEar, GR Research, Polk, and Totem. Attendees listened to the speakers throughout the day and were asked to list their first, second, and third-place choices. The BMR monitors received more 1st place votes than all of the other speakers combined, and 5 times as many as the next-most-popular speaker. You can see all the results here.

fhxqh2e3m7s2.png

• Nightfall
    Options
    Does that automatically make them better? I'm not saying so but I've read nothing but good about them and it's enough to pique my interest.