Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,560
    edited July 2023
    Been working on siding for my carport/ breezeway. I'm using hardiplank. Crazy heavy stuff but I like that it's practically fire proof.

hbahf1clbsit.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,225
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Y'all know who this is, so no introduction needed....

c3c8uxdwandz.png

Tom

Yes Bob Seger: One hell of a PERFORMER young and old.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,606
    Who said cats could serve no useful purpose?

x3o7q55pr5gp.png

B)
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,989
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

B)

He stood still for 6 months waiting for that mouse to get just a little closer.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,974
    Challenge accepted!
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Been working on siding for my carport/ breezeway. I'm using hardiplank. Crazy heavy stuff but I like that it's practically fire proof.

I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    msg wrote: »
    Challenge accepted!
    audioluvr wrote: »

It's rather akin to that old saying (and I paraphrase liberally):
    Anyone who considers himself to be adept at idiotproofing may be presumed never to have encountered a truly determined idiot.

• OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,633

Something I've always noticed about classic Aussie cars is that many of them look like the front and the rear came from two differently styled vehicles.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,560
    edited July 2023
    Anyone who considers himself to be adept at idiotproofing may be presumed never to have encountered a truly determined idiot.

I'm not sure if I should be honored or offended. :D
    Post edited by audioluvr on
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    Viking64 wrote: »

B)

He stood still for 6 months waiting for that mouse to get just a little closer.

I have to imagine that cat was thinking "I'm standing here with all of my hyperacute sensory apparatus coated with stuff... and you grab a camera?!? I will kill you while you sleep."

:|

• mhardy6647
    agccg5bqwl81.png
    Why Did 488 Golden Retrievers Gather in Scotland?
    About every five years, owners and their dogs travel to Guisachan in the Highlands to celebrate the anniversary of the breed’s founding. This year’s edition was the biggest yet.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/19/travel/scotland-golden-retrievers.html
  • mhardy6647
    w4zau06perqw.png

Haggis hurling.

You don't suppose that there was any Scotch involved in any of this, do you?
    Naaaaaah, of course not.

That would lead to another kind of haggis hurling entirely.
    :#
  • OleBoot
    Poor wee tim'rous beastie.
  • mhardy6647
    For a moment I thought you were talkin' about our erstwhile tabby, Timmy.
    That was his animal shelter-given name :p so we contrived a backstory for him.
    After he joined Clan Hardy, he was known as Tim: The Timorous Tomcat. Technically, he was an erstwhile tomcat, if ye catch my drift, but close enough.

The Tim in repose:

35929493733_6c1b265c38_b.jpg

Sofa King Cat B)

• OleBoot
    I was referring to the poor little wild haggis being hurled by that lassie. They should be left to run wild in the hills. However, if you can catch one they make pretty good scran with neeps and tatties.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,414
    I thought haggis hurling was what you did after you ate haggis.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2023
    OleBoot wrote: »
    I was referring to the poor little wild haggis being hurled by that lassie. They should be left to run wild in the hills. However, if you can catch one they make pretty good scran with neeps and tatties.

Yes, I did suss that out, thank you. :blush:
    Thus my "for a moment" leadoff. :p

• OleBoot
    OleBoot wrote: »

Yes, I did suss that out, thank you. :blush:
    Thus my "for a moment" leadoff. :p

Yes, I knew that you knew, I just wanted a segue into writing more about haggis, which is delicious.
  • mhardy6647
    I've been to different parts of Scotland numerous times, but I've yet to partake. :|
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,823
    oa9ak5ddj8ms.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,892
    1at8u0k51twd.png

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 1,026
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    TEAforONE wrote: »
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    qaut8xcthsfu.jpeg

I would be REALLY impressed if she was juggling three running chainsaws simultaneously. Otherwise,yawn…

nb191cvb5g1z.jpeg

What,no wine in those glasses??
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,823
    You can take the "sometimes" outta there, as far as I'm concerned.

vvpvxvtx4a9t.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,434
    6pdlfmi6vw2r.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    c6rk8q7hpirh.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• daddyjt
    q1ude0bm2qf6.jpeg

― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn