Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    "want's" ??? *facepalm*
  • Viking64
    Options
    Contractions where they don't belong. No contraction where there should be one. The human race can't end soon enough.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,466
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Contractions where they don't belong. No contraction where there should be one. The human race can't end soon enough.
    You just explained how childbirth will end, and, therefore, the end of the human race.
    Or Idiocracy in real life with the first bit.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    Options

Makes me crazy, as well!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Viking64
    Options
    My head just literally exploded.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options

Pics or it didn't happen...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Viking64
    Options
    audioluvr wrote: »

Pics or it didn't happen...

zcl4r95ewfs3.gif
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,331
    Options
    m9wycqf35pov.jpeg
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,342
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Many Home Depots are the same way with a lot of items now. PIA!

Tom

My brother is a mgr. at a local HD. They've been locking up power tool cartons in cages for a couple of years. He said the thieves knew where the Li-Ion batteries were placed inside each product box. They would simply slice the box open and steal the expensive battery and leave the box untouched on the shelf. He said he's already seen one person with wire cutters trying to cut open the cage fencing. He said the cages have definitely limited losses for the stores.

His store is in a safe suburban area. Nowhere is safe anymore it seems. He has hundreds of theft stories.

He gets so very upset that he can't do much. Each store has a few specialized personnel that are the only ones allowed to apprehend a suspected thief. They must know they have taken something and they must be stopped within the building. So very much is still lost, it's just sad!

It has gotten bad. The other day, I had to pick up materials for a couple of houses. First locked cage? I went to the pro desk and had them announce that help was needed on isle "X". I waited 15 minutes.

Then, I looked on the HD app to look for attic stairs......wasted time tracking down 4 or 5 employees who didn't know where they were. Finally sent my employee back to the pro-desk to have them physically take them to the attic stairs because all HD associates had no clue where they were. Another wasted 20-25 minutes.

By the time I got to the electrical section to grab a 15' roll of Romex, I see that it's now locked up too.

This time, I didn't bother to track down an associate. I stood there, in the middle of the isle and literally yelled, "is their an associate in electrical?". Within a minute, someone came by and gave me the Romex.

Time is money and these damned criminals are wasting my time. I will no longer walk up to the desk. I will stand there in the isle and become my own personal broadcast system for the store. I know my voice is loud enough to hear from one side of the store to the other, so it is what it is.

I don't have all day to shop and I'll no longer be "polite" about it. I simply don't have the time, nor do I have the patience anymore.

At least they let me get a Red Bull (that story on another post) without paying for it first. I had a professional but very stern talk to them about that BS. They were hesitant but eventually made an exception when I told them my spending over the decades and why I should not be treated as a criminal. After our talk, they understood fully where I was coming from and agreed with me.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • engie490
    engie490 Posts: 426
    Options
    Not an inspiring sight when you're in a Mazda...

163f6t9e6fh3.jpg
    Sonus Faber Liuto / Coda Continuum / Anthem STR Preamplifier / Oppo BDP-105D / Technics SP-15 w/SAEC WE-308SX & Ortofon AS-309 arms / Ikeda 9C2 & Dynavector XX2 Mk II carts
  • SeleniumFalcon
    SeleniumFalcon Posts: 3,508
    Options
    From the Stellavox fan page:

d29mo0tkjgiu.png
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,601
    Options
    engie490 wrote: »

163f6t9e6fh3.jpg

I know this is a video and not a picture, but …

https://youtu.be/klDe8iNwwxs
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • treitz3
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    4o2paxk56jf3.jpeg

This is yet another prime example of the law protecting the criminals. This is illegal to do and the criminal has a right to sue you when they break bones (which they will) trying to hit your mailbox with a bat.

On the flip side, if you have a brick or concrete mailbox, no worries. But, as I understand it, in some jurisdictions, if a vehicle hits your brick mailbox with their vehicle, you assume responsibility for damage to the vehicle. Even though they hit a stationary object.

We live somewhat out in the country and have a mailbox on the other side of the road from the house. Luckily for us, I believe the mailbox we have has been standing since the home was built in 1982. It's an oversized, well built, custom looking mailbox that appears to have never been hit with a bat. That said, if I went through mailbox after mailbox living in an area where this kind of activity (sport for teens) was prevalent, I'd do the same thing as the photo depicts.

Damned the consequences and I would have zero empathy for the person who got hurt.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Our feral cat Milo19xaekexn3yl.jpg
    imd8q0tzztsd.jpg
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    ... The human race cant end soon enough.
    Fix'd that for you. Your welcome.
    B)

• mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,277
    Options
    Contractions wear they don't belong. Know contraction wear their should be won. The human rays canned end soon enough.

FIXED
    Sal Palooza
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    I had a brick mailbox get nailed by a car. In Texas at least, they paid.
    It lasted 10 years. I replaced it with a stylish aluminum post
    and box (lockable). It got hit just about every year after that.
    I started keeping a spare in the garage. Always hit by a vehicle.
    I guess I should of painted a target on it.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • msg
    Options

163f6t9e6fh3.jpg
    But an amusing one as you pass in a Tacoma B)>:)

I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Eeeyawn… Time to make the donuts
    The sunflowers are starting to pop, and the bees are are busy.
    kpmywf1xq2d9.jpeg
    z6n7ksw0v8z1.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • treitz3
    Options
    4xpdrmww8cxj.png

With just months away from being a 20 year old truck. Original A/C unit I just repaired. Chevy trucks of this era ROCK. Total cost? $24 and about 20 minutes of my time.

Tom
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Excellent!
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »

163f6t9e6fh3.jpg

I know this is a video and not a picture, but …

https://youtu.be/klDe8iNwwxs

There's a video after the one you posted in which mother nature demonstrates her powers. The one question I had after watching it, did no one check the weather forecast first?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,439
    Options
    msg wrote: »

163f6t9e6fh3.jpg
    But an amusing one as you pass in a Tacoma B)>:)

Aww. That's cute you think a Tacoma can compete on trails with a Jeep. :D
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    lrsk9qvyvvg4.png

DAMN!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk